The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+ had an instruction booklet for those that picked up a physical copy. Looks like Cave Story+ is going to do the same. The booklet with Isaac spoofed the style of the instruction booklet for the original Legend of Zelda. Is this Cave Story+ manual going to spoof something as well? Going off of just cover art, Metroid on the NES had a gray booklet as well. The two games certainly have similar styles!
Looks like SEGA went a step beyond with the online support in Puyo Puyo Tetris. Not only can you see that friends are playing, but you can see what mode they're spending time in! Thanks to MusicClues for the heads up!
Well...that's a bit of a surprise. Without any fanfare or even an announcement, Silver Star has released Ginsei Shogi: Kyoutendo Toufuu Raijin on Switch. It's now available, but no word on a localization at this time.
Space Dave! is officially feature complete and coming soon to a Nintendo Switch near you! pic.twitter.com/Ic8ytR8BgN— Choice Provisions (@TotallyChoice) April 26, 2017
I'm down for some more Dave! action. Ready to hop in on this one, just like I was the first. Let's hope we get the release date soon!
I remember getting Kirby's Dream Land like it was yesterday. I couldn't wait to get home with it and play. I plugged in my power brick for my Game Boy, ran over to the rocking chair by the window for the best viewing angle, and spent hours playing. I instantly fell in love. Kirby screaming into that microphone used to make me laugh like crazy. Actually, it still does to this day.
Kirby is definitely one of Nintendo's most utilized and unique characters out there. If Nintendo has a strange idea for a game, Kirby is usually the one that gets to tackle it. I love that about Kirby. His lineup of games is so incredibly diverse, and I'm sure that traditional will carry on for a long time. Happy 25th anniversary, Kirby!
The following results come from a Famitsu poll with 1,294 Switch owners...
Why did you decide to purchase?
– For the games on the console - 35.7% 736
– So I can play outside - 16.9% 348
– Always buy Nintendo machines - 16.4% 338
– I like the features of the main unit/controller - 13.3% 274
– I like the design of the main unit/controller - 6.6% 135
– Because of multi-player - 5.9% 121
– Because of the selling price - 4.5% 93
– Other - 0.7 15
When and where did you purchase?
– Reserved in-store before the release date - 39.4% 315
– Reserved online before the release date - 28.0% 224
– Purchased in-store after the release date - 16.4% 131
– Purchased online after the release date - 11.6% 93
– Queued at store front without advanced reservation - 4.6% 37
Where have you played your Switch for the most time?
– TV Mode (indoors) - 53.1% 426
– Mobile Mode (indoors) - 34.2% 275
– Table mode (indoors) - 7.5% 60
– Mobile Mode (outdoors) - 3.1% 25
– I have not played yet - 1.7% 14
– Table mode (outdoors) - 0.4% 3
How satisfied are you with the hardware performance?
– Very Satisfied - 40.8% 328
– Satisfied - 44.4% 357
– Neither - 9.7% 78
– Somewhat Dissatisfied - 4.1% 33
– Dissatisfied - 1.0 8
How satisfied are you with the Joy-Con performance?
– Very Satisfied - 27.9% 224
– Satisfied - 41.2% 331
– Neither - 20.2% 162
– Somewhat Dissatisfied - 9.1% 73
– Dissatisfied - 1.6 13
What peripherals have you purchased?
– Pro Controller - 35.8% 281
– Carrying Case - 19.0% 149
– Joy-Con Grip - 5.4% 42
– Joy-Con (L) / ® - 2.3% 18
– AC Adapter - 1.4% 11
– Joy-Con Strap - 0.8% 6
– Dock Set - 0.3% 2
– None - 35.1% 275
How many games have you purchased?
– One - 43.3% 349
– Two - 26.3% 212
– Three - 16.0% 129
– Four - 5.6% 45
– Five - 2.64% 21
– Six - 3.7% 30
– Not Purchased - 2.5% 20
Which games do you frequently play?
– The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 49.5% 696
– 1-2-Switch - 13.0% 183
– Snipperclips - 9.0% 126
– Super Bomberman R - 7.0% 99
– Dragon Quest Heroes I & II - 5.3% 75
– VOEZ - 2.8% 39
– Puyo Puyo Tetris S - 2.1% 30
– Disgaea 5 - 2.0% 28
– Blaster Master Zero - 1.6% 23
– The King of Fighters ‘98 - 1.2% 17
– I Am Setsuna - 1.2% 17
– Other Software - 5.2% 73
How satisfied are you with the software line-up?
– Very Satisfied - 9.1% 73
– Satisfied - 24.0% 193
– Neither - 19.8% 159
– Somewhat Dissatisfied - 31.5% 253
– Dissatisfied - 15.5 124
What is your overall satisfaction level at the moment?
– 10 points or less - 1.0% 8
– 11-20 - 0.5% 4
– 21-30 - 1.5% 12
– 31-40 - 0.6% 5
– 41-50 - 4.0% 32
– 51-60 - 5.0% 40
– 61-70 - 12.6% 101
– 71-80 - 24.7% 198
– 81-90 - 27.9% 224
– 91 points or more - 22.3% 179
What do you want from the future of Nintendo Switch?
– Splatoon 2 & Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
– Support for YouTube and niconico videos
– Improvement of software and implementation of Virtual Console
– To be enjoyed by adults and children
– New ways to play
– Live video commentary distribution
– Improved software line-up
– Improved functionality with mobile devices
– A community like Miiverse
– To be able to save data to SD Cards
Morgan Stanley analyst believes Switch is on its way to being a big hit, talks sales projections & more
The following comes from Morgan Stanley analyst Masahiro Ono...
- believes the Switch is on its way to being a big hit
- projects annual sales of the Switch will grow for the next three years from 8.7 million in 2018 to 18 million in 2020
- only by 2021 will sales begin to fall off, but still to an impressive 12.5 million
- he sees total sales of 54 million Switch units by 2021
- not sure Switch will beat Wii in total unit sales, but sees it being more profitable
"The Switch is proving to be very competitive, and we anticipate strong sales for core game titles, boosting our conviction in OP growth through F3/20. Near term, we think the stock will rise as sales trends for likely hit titles are factored in. As a home console, shipments would likely fall short of the Wii, but given that Switch users are less likely to be light users vs. the Wii base, we expect a higher tie ratio and profitability.
Since the March 3 Switch launch, Nintendo has outperformed TOPIX, but probably not beyond the point where pre-launch expectations are priced in; we doubt the success/failure of the real game console cycle is properly reflected. Furthermore, we expect the Switch tie ratio will be higher than in the Wii period. If our analysis is correct, software profit contributions should exceed the profit effects of increased hardware shipments, which we think is insufficiently priced into the stock."
The ultimate NEOGEO Racing Game! The game features branching paths and a variety of car models for maximum replayability!
"OVER TOP" is a racing game released by SNK in 1996.
Players will participate in breathtaking races through urban areas, mountainous regions, and snowy roads. The courses also feature weather variations to add more variety to the game.
In addition to the various vehicles with different performance factors which players can use, they can also enjoy the thrill of drifting their way through corners to clear courses.
The "ACA NEOGEO" series has faithfully reproduced many classic NEOGEO masterpieces.
Players can change various game settings such as game difficulty, and also reproduce the atmosphere of arcade display settings at that time. Players can also compete against each other from all over the world with their high scores.
Please enjoy the masterpiece that built a generation for video games.