The registration period for the Johto Classic Online Competition is over, and the competition has begun. Remember that competitors are limited in the number of battles they can compete in per day. Consult the tournament regulations for details. The competition ends on Sunday, May 29, 2016, at 23:59 UTC. Look forward to the results being posted shortly after the competition has completed.
Check out the Johto Classic Online Competition regulations page for complete details on this fun event. If you missed the opportunity to play in the Johto Classic, check back at Pokemon.com and the Pokémon Global Link for future competitions.
Good luck, Trainers!
Coming from Left Handed Games' James Guy...
“[Working full time jobs] has impacted development far more than I anticipated at the outset of the project. The size and scope of our game has been changed a few times to accommodate the shortage of available time, but the simple truth is that making games takes a lot of dedicated time and effort- which is something our team has been struggling with as we maintain our day-to-day lives/jobs/families.
We are at a stage right now [where] we are restructuring the team; bringing on new people, and shuffling the responsibilities of others. New servers, a developing different project management workflow, getting new guys up to speed, writing design documentation.”
- focuses on Aki Light, a regular, everyday kid who also happens to be schoolboy robot
- Aki has the ability to transform into Mega Man's iconic armor, complete with the Mega Buster arm cannon and helmet
- Rush will be a part of the series
- new characters, like Mega Mini, will make their debut
- will debut in 2017, to coincide with Mega Man's 30th anniversary
- Dentsu Entertainment and DHX Media are working in collaboration with Man of Action Entertainment
- show will reflect Mega Man's 'unflinching wide-eyed optimism and over-the-top sense of humor"
- over 620,000 UK consumers own either a copy of Skylanders Superchargers, LEGO Dimensions or Disney Infinity 3
- most successful eight months yet for the category.
- 2015 was also the biggest year yet for the sector, with £129m generated from toys-to-life games and figurines
- toys-to-life market down 12.1 per cent in revenue for the first four months of year
- driven by heavy discounting on toys-to-life products
- blends N64-style platforming and collecting with modern trends
- every collectible will have value in some way
- collectible benefits include improved moves or access to new areas within large levels
- the game world can be transformed should a player go to the effort
- minecart runs are included
- collectibles are also found in "race circuits and along vast, undulating minecart tracks"
- collectible tokens unlock eight multiplayer arcade games with support for four players