With only its first week of sales, Fire Emblem Fates (Fire Emblem If in Japan), has outsold all but 3 Fire Emblem games in Japan. It also had either the best or 2nd best opening for a Fire Emblem title in Japan (numbers from Famitsu).
1. 01/21/94 [SFC] Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem - ? / 776.000
2. 05/14/96 [SFC] Fire Emblem: Holy War Story - 228.578 / 498.000
3. 04/19/12 [3DS] Fire Emblem: Awakening - 262.399 / 469.485
4. 06/26/15 [3DS] Fire Emblem Fates: Black Kingdom / White Kingdom - 353.201 / NEW (only first week of sales)
According to an article from DigiTimes, Nintendo is set to launch their next console, currently codenamed Nintendo NX, in July of next year. The article states that the console will be manufactured by Foxconn Electronics, while Pegatron Technology is trying to "snatch" some of the orders.
These orders, according to the article, are set to be complete by February or March of next year, with production starting in May/June for a July release. They look to ship 20 million units in the first year, a stark contrast to the 2 million the Wii U has shipped this year.
Of course, this is meant to be taken as a rumor, but it seems possible at the very least we'll know more about NX in the next year.
- New 3DS bundle revealed, comes with the New 3DS with the game pre-installed, as well as exclusive cover plates and a digital copy of Dragon Ball Z: Super Butoden 2 for the SNES.
- Pre-ordering the game now enables you to receive Super Butoden 2 as well as six support characters in the 3DS game: Kid Goku, Baby Goku, Super Vegito, Garlic Jr., Meta-Cooler and Kid Gohan.
- Super Butoden 2 is in Japanese with no translations