Thanks to Kris for the heads up!
Have you noticed that Nintendo created some tunes for Super Mario Maker that are completely new to the series? For example, Super Mario Bros. didn't have ghost house music, nor did Super Mario Bros. 3. Nintendo had to create new tunes for those, as well as an airship theme for Super Mario Bros.. One fan has taken all the videos that featured those new tunes and recreated those chiptunes using Famitracker. Now you can hear pretty spot-on recreations of the new songs without background noise!
Thanks to TrojanHorse for the heads up!
- outcome of Private Battles will not impact your total amount of points
- outcome of Private Battles will not impact your rank
- you can use a password (4 numbers) to protect your lobby
- House Party at their booth in Hall 9.1 A10/B10
- mostly centered around Super Mario Bros. 30th anniversary
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Mario Kart 8, Splatoon, Pokémon Alpha Ruby/Omega Sapphire and Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Edition tournaments
- stage show which features Charles Martinet, various YouTube personalities as well as independent developers
- a fan-art exhibit
- special downloads
- Monster Hunter community event
Super Mario Maker
Star Fox Zero
Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
Xenoblade Chronicles X
LBX: Little Battlers eXperience
The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes
Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash
Typoman (Wii U)
Mighty No. 9 (Wii U version)
FAST Racing Neo (Wii U)
Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows (DLC expansion, Nintendo 3DS version)
- special opportunities to get exclusives including downloads for Aromatisse & Malamar / Bouffalant & Sableye in Pokemon Alpha Ruby/Omega Sapphire via two cards
- free AR card that allows you to take photos of Animal Crossing characters using the Photos with Animal Crossing app f
- Mario flash mob participants that are among the first 111 visitors who show up at the Nintendo booth dressed as Mario with a Mario amiibo in hand on Thursday the 6th of August at 12 o’clock noon get a special bag of goodies
- Monster Hunter community event takes places on Saturday, the 8th of August at 4 pm in two special tents
- entry to this event is only possible with a free ticket for which one can register at this site (max. 200 participants)
Giveaways & Competitions:
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U tournament (Finale: Friday, 7th of August at 12 noon)
Mario Kart 8 tournament (Finale: Saturday, 8th of August at 12 noon, qualifying details here)
Splatoon (daily competition in the Battle Corner of the Nintendo booth)
Pokémon Alpha Ruby/Omega Sapphire tournament (qualifying: Thursday, 6th of August; more: event.nintendo.de)
Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Edition (High Score Challenge, daily)
amiibo Quiz: daily on-stage Nintendo-trivia quiz for a chance to win up to seven amiibo
House Party stage guests:
Regulars: Tim Feldner (host, formerly of GIGA Games), Charles Martinet (guest, voice of Mario)
Wednesday: m00sician, LETSPLAYmarkus and Honeyball (YouTubers)
Thursday: Suishomaru and HerrDekay (YouTubers)
Friday: lookslikeLink and Domtendo (YouTubers)
Sunday: Developers of Typoman and SteamWorld: Heist
- live stream of stage shows via twitch starting at 12 noon until the end of the show every day from the 5th until the 8th
Mario Kart 8 - 5.43 million pcs.
Nintendo Land - 4.88 million pcs.
New Super Mario Bros. U - 4.84 million pcs.
Super Mario 3D World - 4.30 million pcs.
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - 3.83 million pcs.
New Super Luigi U - 2.26 million pcs.
Splatoon - 1.62 million pcs.
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - 1.57 million pcs.
Wii Party U - 1.57 million pcs.
Pokémon X/Pokémon Y - 13.99 million pcs.
Mario Kart 7 - 11.92 million pcs.
Pokémon Omega Ruby/Pokémon Alpha Sapphire - 10.27 million pcs.
SUPER MARIO 3D LAND - 10.10 million pcs.
New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 9.30 million pcs.
Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 9.17 million pcs.
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS - 7.04 million pcs.
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - 4.54 million pcs.
Tomodachi Life - 4.30 million pcs.
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - 3.77 million pcs.
The Chibi-Robo amiibo will get a release separate from the game in Japan, meaning you don't have just the bundle option like EU/NA do. This amiibo comes out the same day as the game in Japan, Oct. 8th.
Today, Ubisoft announced a free* Just Dance 2016 demo on new-gen consoles for players using the Just Dance Controller App. The one song demo is “Blame” by Calvin Harris Ft. John Newman and is now available to download on Nintendo’s Wii U™ system, Xbox One and PlayStation® 4 computer entertainment system. The latest installment in the best-selling** music game franchise will launch on October 23 in the UK.
The free Just Dance Controller App, now available for Apple and Android devices and soon to also be available for Windows Phone devices, enables players on new-gen consoles to play Just Dance 2016 without any peripherals or console cameras. The app transforms the player’s smartphone into a game controller that tracks the accuracy of their moves and allows them to navigate intuitively through the game’s menus. To play the demo using the Just Dance Controller App on smartphones, players can simply follow the steps below. On Xbox One, players also have the option to access the demo using Kinect for Xbox One.
1. Download the Just Dance Controller app to your Apple or Android smartphone.***
2. Download the Just Dance 2016 demo to your Wii U™, PlayStation®4 or Xbox One.
3. Connect your smartphone to the same wi-fi network as the console.
4. Select the song and dance holding the phone in your right hand!
With more than 40 new tracks, ranging from Billboard hits to classic throwback favourites, from artists like Mark Ronson Ft. Bruno Mars, Jason Derulo, Meghan Trainor, Calvin Harris Ft. John Newman and Lady Gaga, everyone in the entire family will have a favourite track to dance to in Just Dance 2016.
For the latest information on Just Dance 2016, and on the Just Dance Controller App, including information on the demo, please visit: www.justdancegame.com . Follow Just Dance on Twitter.com/JustDanceGame and use hashtag #JustDance2016.