What a nice surprise for today's End of Day thought! Mutant Mudds fans, get excited! Read up on the great news below and get your 3DS ready! See you in a few, short hours.
It's no secret that I'm a big fan of the games that Renegade Kid puts out. They've managed to crank out some truly amazing games that really push Nintendo hardware to its limits. They also seem to have a knack for tasty gaming mechanics! The marriage of those two makes for top-notch fun.
Mutant Mudds is arguably the best title that Renegade Kid has put out. Old-school sensibilities with pitch-perfect platforming and spot-on controls, this classic style game shows that platformers still have some new tricks up their sleeves. Alas, many of us have finished all that Mutant Mudds had to offer, which left us waiting for word on new content.
I'm very happy to say that that word comes today! The best news is, you're going to have access to Mutant Mudds' free DLC update sooner than you think! Renegade Kid's Jools Watsham confirmed that Mutant Mudds free DLC update will hit Europe on Oct. 18th and North America on Oct. 25th. Here I thought we'd be waiting until next year!
So what does this free update bring you? Check out the bullet point list below.
- 20 new levels
- tailor-made for Grannie's character
- levels are presented in a retro CGA theme
- Grannie sports all three power-ups simultaneously
- levels require the use of the power-shot, extended hover, and vertical boost
- each of the 20 regular levels now have an added CGA-Land door in each
- to reach these doors, the combined use of at least two of the power-ups is required
- 'special tiny new smidge' of a bonus is presented to the player when all 20 new levels have been completed
Yeah, I'm super excited for these levels as well! What can we do while we wait for these couple weeks to pass? Renegade Kid was nice enough to give us a look at some Grannie level screens...in 3D! You can see the 2D versions below, but hit up the QR code to view the screens in 3D on your 3DS.
If you're unsure of how to utilize the QR code above, just follow these simple steps.
- Press L or R on the home menu to start the camera
- touch the checkered square in the lower-left corner of the bottom screen
- aim your camera at the QR code
- a page will be loaded with screenshots
- tap the shot you want to see in 3D
20 new bonus levels that are ready to test your Mutant Mudds skills unlike any level before it, and they're all for free?! I'm sure owners of the game will be dying to go hands-on with this, myself included. Let's also hope some newcomers can't resist the bundle of content!
Thanks to Renegade Kid for sharing this information with us. We're eagerly awaiting the NA launch date!