The following info and comments come from NetherRealm producer Hector Sanchez...
"Imagine the online availability that we had in Mortal Kombat just on steroids."
King of the Hill mode
- 8 players fighting, watching, and waiting for their time
- will include new 'King of the Hill' features
On clash and wager system...
"We're really tweaking it. It's going to be an enhanced version of a combo breaker. There's going to some sort of meta game that's going to be integrated with it."
- Wii U version will incorporate GamePad as much as possible
- will not feature significantly different gameplay from the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions
- Wii U version launching same time as other versions
- expect secret costumes
On fan input...
"Ed Boon is on Twitter and he listens to fan feedback all the time. If you can convince him, then it's going to get in the game. He's the man with the golden key."