Goriginal Content

Wooden Sen'sey rev

GN Podcast #467

Renegade Kid reveal!

EoD - Miiverse use

EoD - TV Vs. Pocket

EoD - Warriors cast
 

Tecmo Koei Wii U titles all going day-one digital, will cost less on eShop



- all three getting digital release same day as retail
- Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper is 7,140 yen retail and 6,300 yen eShop
- Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII is 9,240 yen retail and 8,000 yen eShop
- Ninja Gaiden 3 is 7,140 yen retail and 6,300 yen eShop

More screens here

Also check out:
Discussion Preview
15 total comments (View all)
User avatar
07 Nov 2012 23:13

It is nice to hear that the publisher can modify their price on the eshop...9240 yen sounds ridiculous for a game though, that's like 100 bucks
User avatar
07 Nov 2012 23:18

I hope they are also less in the US. I was on the fence about NG3:RE but if it's cheaper and I can use my premium discount, it's practically a done deal for me.
No Avatar
Anonymous
07 Nov 2012 23:25

lockNES wrote:I hope they are also less in the US. I was on the fence about NG3:RE but if it's cheaper and I can use my premium discount, it's practically a done deal for me.


This

If this trend keeps up and Nintendo keeps supporting I think the sales for Thor party games will do pretty well. The ease of getting them on the eshop and the discounted price. Lots if people "sitting on the fence" will surely "get off the fence".
User avatar
07 Nov 2012 23:48

redhatdrawler wrote:
lockNES wrote:I hope they are also less in the US. I was on the fence about NG3:RE but if it's cheaper and I can use my premium discount, it's practically a done deal for me.


This

If this trend keeps up and Nintendo keeps supporting I think the sales for Thor party games will do pretty well. The ease of getting them on the eshop and the discounted price. Lots if people "sitting on the fence" will surely "get off the fence".


I don't know what a Thor Party is but I am down!
User avatar
07 Nov 2012 23:52

This will be good for the "Casuals".
User avatar
07 Nov 2012 23:57

The only reason I wasn't getting retail game from the eShop was because they were the same price. If Wii U games were $10 cheaper on the eShop that would change very fast. 3DS games should be cheaper as well...
User avatar
08 Nov 2012 00:00

Mako wrote:The only reason I wasn't getting retail game from the eShop was because they were the same price. If Wii U games were $10 cheaper on the eShop that would change very fast. 3DS games should be cheaper as well...


Steam games cost the same amount as their retail counterpart at launch.
PS3 games cost the same regardless if they are digital or retail.
360 games costs the same regardless if they are digital or retail.

So why should Nintendo make their digital games cheaper?
That only benefits the casuals!
User avatar
08 Nov 2012 00:07

Mako wrote:The only reason I wasn't getting retail game from the eShop was because they were the same price. If Wii U games were $10 cheaper on the eShop that would change very fast. 3DS games should be cheaper as well...

They actually aren't the same price. The deluxe edition will include a 5 dollar discount on every game. I'm sure that Nintendo will try to do a "e-shop discount" too.
User avatar
08 Nov 2012 00:48

When are we getting RotTK XIII? :D C'mon, K-T!

LegendofSantiago wrote:It is nice to hear that the publisher can modify their price on the eshop...9240 yen sounds ridiculous for a game though, that's like 100 bucks


Games in Japan are always more expensive and traditionally barely drop in price, unlike in the US.

¥7140 is $90.
User avatar
08 Nov 2012 00:50

I think people need to understand the possible core reason Nintendo doesn't price their games cheaper than retail is because it would possibly hurt retail relationships. I honestly believe that's the top reason.

Steam, though most games are priced the same as retail, Valve can do whatever they want as they barely have any relationship with retailers if at all. This goes for Microsoft and Sony as well who fall in the same position as Nintendo.
No Avatar
08 Nov 2012 02:42

Full game download: yor doin' it rite (K-T).
No Avatar
08 Nov 2012 05:00

ninja gaiden III is especially the kind of game i would not buy on a digital platform , but maybe i would simply only buy eshop exclusive games and japanese games if it's the only way to get them in the west . Like 90% of steam users i buy steam games because they are so cheap , i know full well about the volume that doesn't cover the cost , the 30% valve cut, the impossible to beat sales from other platform in order to get marketshare (amazon 7games 10bucks) the last shelf life of those . I don't care it's cheap but i'm not deluded enough to think that this can happen on home systems
User avatar
08 Nov 2012 05:24

Brilliant!

Let's hope other publishers will start doing the same. Digital purchases should not be as expensive as retail games.
No Avatar
08 Nov 2012 10:52

M1 wrote:
Mako wrote:The only reason I wasn't getting retail game from the eShop was because they were the same price. If Wii U games were $10 cheaper on the eShop that would change very fast. 3DS games should be cheaper as well...


Steam games cost the same amount as their retail counterpart at launch.
PS3 games cost the same regardless if they are digital or retail.
360 games costs the same regardless if they are digital or retail.

So why should Nintendo make their digital games cheaper?
That only benefits the casuals!

...What are you talking about?

This is proof that SOME Wii U games WILL be cheaper digitally. Not to mention that there are ALWAYS sales on Steam, XBLA and PSN for retail/digital games.
User avatar
09 Nov 2012 13:09

Very awesome! All this talk about the eShop and its online is making my hype level and anticipation go up drastically.

View the full discussion!

Quickie Search

"Advanced" Search

Anti-social Tendencies

Advertisements

RSS feed trough

News Feed
Top Stories
Console News
Portables News
Podcast Feed
GoNintendo Radio Feed
Twitter Feed

Affiliates + Friends

Destructoid
Gamersyde
Modojo
TheBitBlock
Anime Your Way