Goriginal Content

EoD - Waluigi time?

EoD - Mario where?

EoD - Which to buy?

Smash Direct wrap-up

EoD - Smash Direct!

GN Podcast #451
 

Nicalis shows interest in bringing Monaco, Spelunky to Wii U, says Phil Fish doesn't respect gamers

Here's what Nicalis' Tyrone Rodriguez had to say when he was asked about the situation with Phil Fish saying he won't bring Fez to Wii U.

Would much rather work on Monaco or Spelunky for a Nintendo console. Fez is not even a consideration, personally.

As a follow-up, Rodriguez was asked why he had no interest in working with Fish to make Fez happen. He responded with the following.

Because he doesn't seem to respect his players

Thanks to Anonymous for the heads up!

Link

Also check out:
Discussion Preview
19 total comments (View all)
User avatar
26 Mar 2013 20:42

YES, GIVE ME THE SPELUNKY PLEASE. Oh man!
User avatar
26 Mar 2013 20:52

A fist in the eye of all of those Phil Fish defenders. Get em Tyrone!
User avatar
26 Mar 2013 20:59

robometal cowboy wrote:As a follow-up, Rodriguez was asked why he had no interest in working with Fish to make Fez happen. He responded with the following.

Because he doesn't seem to respect his players.

Quoted for truth.
No Avatar
26 Mar 2013 21:13

Pretty spot on with the Phil Fish comment. Hoping for a Steam release, too! I think I'll grab it on the Wii U, too.
User avatar
26 Mar 2013 21:43

Nicalis is good people.
No Avatar
26 Mar 2013 21:58

It seems indie developers like Nicalis, Renegade Kid, and WayForward really respect Nintendo and its fans.
User avatar
26 Mar 2013 22:10

@ChozoBoy Though their time-management skills suck hard.
User avatar
26 Mar 2013 23:26

Oh, cool, Nicalis. Maybe they can port Cave Story for the fifteenth time.
No Avatar
26 Mar 2013 23:42

I like his answer. Short, sweet, and to the point...a very sharp and accurate point, to be precise. :) Good on him!
No Avatar
26 Mar 2013 23:52

I respect this man now, thanks for defending us.
User avatar
27 Mar 2013 00:54

That probably loosely translates to, "He's a giant ass."
User avatar
27 Mar 2013 01:07

This is why you pick and choose your words wisely. Even if he says things on his own "personal" twitter account, that "personal" account is still public. What you say can not only burn bridges but can also stop things from happening at all.
User avatar
27 Mar 2013 02:14

Get rid of the jelly fish.
No Avatar
27 Mar 2013 02:56

simple and to the point , i like that
User avatar
27 Mar 2013 03:30

Nicalis has been an awesome supporter of the Big N for quite some time. I love these guys. He was honest and to the point.
User avatar
27 Mar 2013 06:19

That's nice, and I'd love to see Spelunky on Wii U.

BUT, I still won't forgive Nicalis for how crappy they treated Nigoro, and how badly they (MIS)handled the La-Mulana situation.
User avatar
27 Mar 2013 13:49

kdognumba1 wrote:This is why you pick and choose your words wisely. Even if he says things on his own "personal" twitter account, that "personal" account is still public. What you say can not only burn bridges but can also stop things from happening at all.


That's right. Really pays to be mindful of things before saying what you want to say.

Devil_Rising wrote:That's nice, and I'd love to see Spelunky on Wii U.

BUT, I still won't forgive Nicalis for how crappy they treated Nigoro, and how badly they (MIS)handled the La-Mulana situation.


@ *referring to bold*

Even so, as much as I can understand your point, everyone makes mistakes so it's no good to get hung up on what bad things they did; It only brings even more negativity in yourself. Nicalis just needs to learn from them and hope that they never take that path again.

Not really taking sides here. Just trying to bring a 'neutral' point of view here.

View the full discussion!

Quickie Search

"Advanced" Search

Anti-social Tendencies

Advertisements

RSS feed trough

News Feed
Top Stories
Console News
Portables News
Podcast Feed
GoNintendo Radio Feed
Twitter Feed

Affiliates + Friends

Destructoid
Gamersyde
Modojo
TheBitBlock
Anime Your Way