Goriginal Content

EoD - TV Vs. Pocket

EoD - Warriors cast

EoD - SS motion

GN Podcast #466

EoD - Zelda music

EoD - Fatal Frame
 

Injustice: Gods Among Us - Batman Beyond unlockable skin


Also check out:
Discussion Preview
11 total comments (View all)
User avatar
11 Apr 2013 15:29

Unlocking? I don't understand this concept. What does that mean?

Can't I just buy it for like $1.99?

(Jesting aside, I love the Batman Beyond skin! One of my favorites from Arkham City!)
No Avatar
Anonymous
11 Apr 2013 15:44

That looks absolutely awesome. I enjoyed the Batman Beyond cartoon way back when.
User avatar
11 Apr 2013 15:51

GeneticRepoMan wrote:Unlocking? I don't understand this concept. What does that mean?

Can't I just buy it for like $1.99?

(Jesting aside, I love the Batman Beyond skin! One of my favorites from Arkham City!)

Funny you mention that cause you have to download the iOS game to "unlock" this skin. This isn't unlockable in game, its just more dlc.........

Which REALLY irritates me. I am one of the biggest Batman Beyond fans out there but I don't have anything with iOS. So I am SoL.

Also I was really hoping Terry McGuinness would be his own playable character. A ridiculously long shot I know, but I can dream.........
User avatar
11 Apr 2013 16:20

BlueRangerVegeta wrote:
GeneticRepoMan wrote:Unlocking? I don't understand this concept. What does that mean?

Can't I just buy it for like $1.99?

(Jesting aside, I love the Batman Beyond skin! One of my favorites from Arkham City!)

Funny you mention that cause I am pretty sure you have to download the iOS game to "unlock" this skin.

Which REALLY irritates me. I am one of the biggest Batman Beyond fans out there but I don't have anything with iOS. So I am SoL.

Also I was really hoping Terry McGuinness would be his own playable character. A ridiculously long shot I know, but I can dream.........


If it is iOS unlock only I'll be sad because my hand-me-down iPod Touch 2G (not a big apple guy personally) doesn't run the App

However I'm less annoyed because the App is 100% FREE
FREE YOU SAY? an odd concept, I know!
User avatar
11 Apr 2013 16:23

Leon2457 wrote:
BlueRangerVegeta wrote:
GeneticRepoMan wrote:Unlocking? I don't understand this concept. What does that mean?

Can't I just buy it for like $1.99?

(Jesting aside, I love the Batman Beyond skin! One of my favorites from Arkham City!)

Funny you mention that cause I am pretty sure you have to download the iOS game to "unlock" this skin.

Which REALLY irritates me. I am one of the biggest Batman Beyond fans out there but I don't have anything with iOS. So I am SoL.

Also I was really hoping Terry McGuinness would be his own playable character. A ridiculously long shot I know, but I can dream.........


If it is iOS unlock only I'll be sad because my hand-me-down iPod Touch 2G (not a big apple guy personally) doesn't run the App

However I'm less annoyed because the App is 100% FREE
FREE YOU SAY? an odd concept, I know!


Its confirmed on Twitter. This "unlockable" can only be obtained through the iOS app.

At least if it were a $1 DL I would still have the option. Needing iOS to access it means it is impossible for me to get. goddamn I hate dlc.........
User avatar
11 Apr 2013 16:26

@BlueRangerVegeta
Well, in Sonic 1 and 2 you had to have the 3rd one to play as knuckle. :O
So it's not really a "new" pratice. :P
User avatar
11 Apr 2013 16:31

BlueRangerVegeta wrote:

Its confirmed on Twitter. This "unlockable" can only be obtained through the iOS app.

At least if it were a $1 DL I would still have the option. Needing iOS to access it means it is impossible for me to get. goddamn I hate dlc.........


I don't hate DLC, I hate how publishers and developers implement it, but yeah, I feel you on this, would've been great to at least have the option, but who knows, maybe they'll release all the iOS game skins in one big pack along with the Arrow TV Skin for those who didn't vote to get it
User avatar
11 Apr 2013 16:59

@BlueRangerVegeta

Oh wow really? That's lame! I'll be out of luck as well because I only have an android tablet (and it's not even technically mine, I just have access to it xD).

Since it is free I think it is nice feature, but I wish there were more ways to do it for people that don't have iOS products.

@Elfteiroh

That is true, but in that instant, it was a benefit to SEGA, you had to buy their three products to enjoy all of those features. With this, you gotta get a third party app that they're not going to make any money off of.

I get what you're saying though!
No Avatar
11 Apr 2013 17:57

I'm all for DLC when done appropriately, but it's games like this where I can understand people's frustrations with the practice. There's so much confusion and convoluted bs. It seems like everyday there are new skins announced. Some of them you can get by pre-ordering the game, some are specific to certain retailers, some are exclusive to the collector's editions, some you can get by downloading and playing the iOS app, some you can get by voting in their stupid tournament bracket thing, and then some will be paid DLC available after the game is released, and all the while we're not even sure if any of this stuff will actually be compatible with the Wii U version, since according to rumors, the Wii U won't have any of the DLC. Why does it have to be so complicated? Why can't I unlock stuff by, oh I don't know, PLAYING THE ACTUAL GAME? I understand that game companies want to provide enticing incentives for people to pre-order a game, that's one way they try to combat the used games market, but why can't you have the same pre-order bonus available at all participating retailers and on all platforms? Then some time after the game is released what ever DLC they want. It's all just too confusing!
User avatar
11 Apr 2013 18:34

?the question here is will work with the Wii U or is the DLC special only PS3 and 360

View the full discussion!

Quickie Search

"Advanced" Search

Anti-social Tendencies

Advertisements

RSS feed trough

News Feed
Top Stories
Console News
Portables News
Podcast Feed
GoNintendo Radio Feed
Twitter Feed

Affiliates + Friends

Destructoid
Gamersyde
Modojo
TheBitBlock
Anime Your Way