Goriginal Content

EoD - 3DS choices

Hyrule Warriors RV

GN Instagram best-of

Xeodrifter diary #7

GN Podcast #474

Cubemen 2 review
 

Japan - 3DS gets new tool to post screenshots to social networks




Also check out:
Discussion Preview
12 total comments (View all)
User avatar
19 Apr 2013 02:58

That's cool. I remember wishing I had something like that on the DS when I was playing Animal Crossing...
User avatar
19 Apr 2013 03:11

Nice, now I won't have to take out my SD card every time I want to upload screenshots from Animal Crossing.
User avatar
19 Apr 2013 03:30

Oooh! Cool. Hope it makes it's way here..
Or better, Hope they implement a system like in the WiiU Miiverse. o_o
No Avatar
19 Apr 2013 03:30

Taking screenshots should be a built-in feature of the OS, like on iOS. Does the Wii U have this feature natively?
User avatar
19 Apr 2013 04:38

tendoboy1984 wrote:Taking screenshots should be a built-in feature of the OS, like on iOS. Does the Wii U have this feature natively?
Something like that. Basically where ever you are in a game, hit the home button and go on miiverse. Make a post and then hit the image icon, you'll basically post an image of whatever you're looking at in the game on miiverse.
User avatar
19 Apr 2013 04:41

Miiverse on Smartphones draws ever closer...

@Elfteiroh I think the spoken about Facebook etc. apps on the Wii U eShop before launch are closer to the 3DS' spoken about [then quickly forgotten] 3D Movie service at this point, mefraid. :(
User avatar
19 Apr 2013 05:46

Chosenoneknuckles wrote:Miiverse on Smartphones draws ever closer...

@Elfteiroh I think the spoken about Facebook etc. apps on the Wii U eShop before launch are closer to the 3DS' spoken about [then quickly forgotten] 3D Movie service at this point, mefraid. :(

What? Are you sure you clicked the right guy?
I was saying I was hoping they would implement a way to take screenshots and to post them as it's done in the WiiU miiverse... Didn't even heard about facebook on WiiU before? o_O
(but yeah, I find it sad that we still have no 3D movies available to watch on the 3DS.)
User avatar
19 Apr 2013 07:56

Judging from Twitter example, it looks like images are uploaded directly to Twitter, so Nintendo probably doesn't host them. I know that Twitter's mobile website doesn't seem to support photo uploads. Perhaps then this service is not limited to those two games, unless Nintendo will be filtering their uploads.

EDIT: lol Never mind. Couldn't upload a photo taken with AR Viewer or Nintendogs. Plus, there's a prompt before uploading mentioning only the two titles. Wonder if there's some additional metadata in screenshots for those particular games. I don't think it's a region lockout, as it gives me an error stating that my images were not allowed (このシールで非対応のソフトの画像です。 (E006)).

@tendoboy1984
Well, Facebook users could always enter the mobile website from the 3DS browser and upload photos that way.
No Avatar
19 Apr 2013 12:02

i'd like to see this with the WiiU. Especially for smashros. If it happens, im hoping mii's are a character in the game, so we can post pics of our friends and loved ones duking it out
User avatar
19 Apr 2013 12:06

One of my favorite things about the Vita is being able to take a screenshot of pretty much anything and then post it on Twitter/Facebook, then go back to the game.

I'd love the 3DS to have this sort of system-wide feature.
User avatar
19 Apr 2013 14:46

Bird wrote:
tendoboy1984 wrote:Taking screenshots should be a built-in feature of the OS, like on iOS. Does the Wii U have this feature natively?
Something like that. Basically where ever you are in a game, hit the home button and go on miiverse. Make a post and then hit the image icon, you'll basically post an image of whatever you're looking at in the game on miiverse.


Thnx Bird!
User avatar
20 Apr 2013 00:51

Perhaps is not a super important feature for the 3DS, but having the ability to take screenshots of the game should be "easy" for big N and It will be great to take screenshots of the games :D

View the full discussion!

Quickie Search

"Advanced" Search

Anti-social Tendencies

Advertisements

RSS feed trough

News Feed
Top Stories
Console News
Portables News
Podcast Feed
GoNintendo Radio Feed
Twitter Feed

Affiliates + Friends

Destructoid
Gamersyde
Modojo
TheBitBlock
Anime Your Way