Goriginal Content

EoD - Instagram fun

GN Podcast #484

EoD - Happy release!

EoD - Too big & loud

Smash Wii U review

Adventure Time rev
 

Nintendo Germany says all 3 Sonic titles in their exclusive deal will be out this year

Coming from a Nintendo Germany PR...

Today, they (Sega) revealed further details of the second of three titles, which the two companies will release exclusively on Wii U and 3DS. All three games will be released this year.

That would mean that we'd have to learn about this third title pretty soon. I'm really thinking this is some sort of Mario Kart tie-up.

Link

Also check out:
Discussion Preview
18 total comments (View all)
User avatar
02 Jun 2013 12:30

I'm not a fan of Sonic but I was hoping they would all be adventure-esque games like Lost World.
No Avatar
02 Jun 2013 12:40

And the 3rd exclusive game will be...3D Classics Sonic the Hedgehog.
User avatar
02 Jun 2013 12:50

Wait, what? I thought Sochi games won't release before next year?
User avatar
02 Jun 2013 12:54

@beta4attack That's what I thought coming from the ND too, but apparently not [wise move, considering it's a Winter title - though unwise in that it'll be too close to the likely Mario Kart U release to sell well].

@narton Yeah, it has to be either that [was the 3 games deal specified to be Wii U only?], or they're counting a possible playable Sonic in Mario Kart U methinks.

Either way, we should find out what it is in E3 Week. :)
User avatar
02 Jun 2013 13:14

beta4attack wrote:Wait, what? I thought Sochi games won't release before next year?


Probably going to be out by December with a bit of Marketing and than Ramp up for the actual games. i'm guessing that they might want the winter game to come out when there is actually snow on the ground most places.

I'm guessing the third game is Mario Kart.
User avatar
02 Jun 2013 13:19

Sonic Golf? I mean c'mon, I want to put my Gamepad on the floor and see a golfball on the screen! (Nah, I really don't get the appeal of that haha)

And I'm not sure if Nintendo would be willing to let Sega get in on Mario Kart development. That's one of their best-selling franchises
No Avatar
02 Jun 2013 13:24

I'd be fine with Sonic appearing in Mario Kart, but that doesn't seem like the sort of thing that would qualify as a game in a 3-game agreement.

It had better not be a Sonic-Mario Kart mashup. Ew.
User avatar
02 Jun 2013 14:01

My guesses on the 3rd game:

-Sonic 4: Episode 3 (with a discounted release of Episode 2 on the e-shop)

-Sonic Rush 3 for 3DS

-Sonic Riders 4
User avatar
02 Jun 2013 14:37

Shenmue 3!

And if it's a Sonic vs Mario Kart I sure hope they take the best of both worlds. I loved Transformed, but I did get bored fter some time. I can still plat MK though... Get it?
User avatar
02 Jun 2013 14:50

Mario Kart Crossover.. seriously?

Nintendo would never release two competing Kart Racers in the same time period.
No Avatar
02 Jun 2013 15:03

That sucks. There are already way too many good games coming out later this year. With Nintendo's big guns hitting later, games like this might just get overshadowed. Why can't they schedule this stuff better and aim at the spring droughts? They'll make tons of cash since they have no competition...
No Avatar
02 Jun 2013 15:10

metalpants wrote:That sucks. There are already way too many good games coming out later this year. With Nintendo's big guns hitting later, games like this might just get overshadowed. Why can't they schedule this stuff better and aim at the spring droughts? They'll make tons of cash since they have no competition...


Just buy the game when there is a drought.... people complain way too much!

Nintendo needs to hit the PS3,Xbox 360, PS4, and Xbox One with everything they got. Don't complain were getting more games, just buy them at your leisure.
User avatar
02 Jun 2013 15:19

2 of the 3 games are Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games and Sonic Lost World. So the 3rd one needs to be a Mario and Sonic Crossover Platform game and before you say no a guy can dream.
No Avatar
02 Jun 2013 15:47

with how little sega japan is now, that means, oh well not something i am interested in either sonic raiders or a special edition of sonic racing . I really don't like those games, and i do hope that nintendo is not going to compromise mario kart by including sonic, it's just going to be like smash bros and solid snake, just a character promoting but not even that .
At least, if it's on 3ds, sega have proven to me their technical proficiency even with mario and sonic 3ds , so ... oh well

oh yeah it could just be sonic 3d classic, they said publishing duties or something and at one of the sega 3d classic will be publish by nintendo so yeah ... mystery solved...

still lost world looks great
No Avatar
02 Jun 2013 16:13

It's obviously "Mario Kart U - Featuring Sonic" and "Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing - Featuring Mario"
User avatar
02 Jun 2013 16:20

With the more-traditional 3D sonic game and Olympics game on the way, I wouldn't mind another Sonic Tennis game.
No Avatar
02 Jun 2013 16:28

Furious Francis wrote:
metalpants wrote:That sucks. There are already way too many good games coming out later this year. With Nintendo's big guns hitting later, games like this might just get overshadowed. Why can't they schedule this stuff better and aim at the spring droughts? They'll make tons of cash since they have no competition...


Just buy the game when there is a drought.... people complain way too much!

Nintendo needs to hit the PS3,Xbox 360, PS4, and Xbox One with everything they got. Don't complain were getting more games, just buy them at your leisure.


I'm not just focusing on my leisure. I'm looking at the bigger picture here. Sure I could buy it whenever I want, but not everybody thinks alike. If games that draw people's attention more are released at the same time, they will overlook those other less known games and probably forget about them later on. You underestimate the forgetfulness of the average gamer that mainly goes for high quality AAA titles. I'm saying this for the good of SEGA. If their games don't sell well cause Nintendo's sell better, they'll rethink doing a similar deal with them in the future. It'll be back to square one.
User avatar
02 Jun 2013 17:47

tendoboy1984 wrote:It's obviously "Mario Kart U - Featuring Sonic" and "Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing - Featuring Mario"


That seems like a terrible idea.

View the full discussion!

Quickie Search

"Advanced" Search

Anti-social Tendencies

Advertisements

RSS feed trough

News Feed
Top Stories
Console News
Portables News
Podcast Feed
GoNintendo Radio Feed
Twitter Feed

Affiliates + Friends

Destructoid
Gamersyde
Modojo
TheBitBlock
Anime Your Way