Goriginal Content

EoD - Missed chance?

EoD - Waluigi time?

EoD - Mario where?

EoD - Which to buy?

Smash Direct wrap-up

EoD - Smash Direct!
 

Bayonetta movie rumor turns out to be the real deal





Quite awhile back, a rumor of a Bayonetta movie was floating around the internet. Many gave up on the rumor since we went so long without any proof. Today that rumor finally seems some confirmation, as a website for Bayonetta Bloodyfate movie from SEGA/Gonzo has popped up. Seems it'll be an anime movie adaptation due out Nov. 23rd, directed and storyboarded by Fuminori Kizaki.

Site here

Link



Also check out:
Discussion Preview
21 total comments (View all)
User avatar
18 Sep 2013 23:01

Japan gets EVERYTHING...
User avatar
18 Sep 2013 23:03

Excellent I'm sure this will at least serve as cross promotion for the sequel. Mwahahahahahahaha [Ku ku ku ku]

Also makes me wonder if Smash could have animated shorts like Kid Icarus Uprising, but well that's wishful thinking.
User avatar
18 Sep 2013 23:05

people seem to be BAAAHHHHing over it being made by gonzo for some reason.
User avatar
18 Sep 2013 23:08

Glad it's animated, an animated movie has a better chance of staying true to the original source material (especially one as over-the-top as this), and using the same (voice) actors.
User avatar
18 Sep 2013 23:09

Jirachi wrote:people seem to be BAAAHHHHing over it being made by gonzo for some reason.


Gonzo it's hit or miss, they usually have the problem of dragging things in their series. Although I did like the Afro Samurai movies for their over the top action.
No Avatar
18 Sep 2013 23:24

Vonter wrote:
Gonzo it's hit or miss, they usually have the problem of dragging things in their series. Although I did like the Afro Samurai movies for their over the top action.


Yeah, some of their series can be really good, but they also have a lot of flops. And don't even get me started on how a lot of their series have crappy endings

Also, it seems Bayonetta will be voiced by Tanaka Atsuko (aka Major Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell, Poison in Street Fighter, and Flavia in Fire Emblem: Awakening)
User avatar
18 Sep 2013 23:28

Aiddon wrote:
Vonter wrote:
Gonzo it's hit or miss, they usually have the problem of dragging things in their series. Although I did like the Afro Samurai movies for their over the top action.


Yeah, some of their series can be really good, but they also have a lot of flops. And don't even get me started on how a lot of their series have crappy endings

Also, it seems Bayonetta will be voiced by Tanaka Atsuko (aka Major Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell, Poison in Street Fighter, and Flavia in Fire Emblem: Awakening)


What did you think of Chrno Crusade? I thought it had a very depressing mean spirited ending.
No Avatar
18 Sep 2013 23:35

Vonter wrote:

What did you think of Chrno Crusade? I thought it had a very depressing mean spirited ending.


never watched the whole series and not really that interested.

more info up on ANN: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... n-november
User avatar
18 Sep 2013 23:44

Aiddon wrote:
Vonter wrote:

What did you think of Chrno Crusade? I thought it had a very depressing mean spirited ending.


never watched the whole series and not really that interested.

more info up on ANN: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... n-november


The main hook it had with me was from a magazine that said "evil wins in this anime". True, but I was assuming more awesomeness and ended sour.
User avatar
19 Sep 2013 00:04

I'm looking up stuff on Gonzo now to see what you guys are talking about. I just decided to list out anime from them that I have seen (or at least remember hearing about) and what I felt about them.

-Hellsing 2002 anime
Okay I remember seeing this and liking it, but it was purposely made to only be 13 episodes and as such only loosely followed the manga. Can't say I remember how it ended though. The true-to-manga OVAs are done by Geneon though, so... no idea if that's really worth mentioning.

-Full metal Panic
Sadly I never finished it, but I remember enjoying it. Huh, as with above, later anime adaptions were done by another company, in this case Kyoto Animation.

-Transformers: Cybertron and GI Joe Sigma 6
Okay I had no idea that was them who did these. I never really watched much of either. With GI Joe especially it was because 4Kids were the ones who localized it, so that was an instant turn off (only things from 4Kids I remember liking were early seasons of Pokemon [barring the infamous "rice balls are jelly donuts" bit], Kirby [I didn't think the dub was bad actually, I kinda liked DeDeDe's random southern drawl], and Ultimate Muscle [actually surprised by some of the adult jokes they actually kept]).

-SoltyRei
Okay yes I did see this a few years back and I loved it. I will admit the ending was bitter-sweet.

-Black Cat
Similar situation as Solty.

-Rosario+Vampire anime adaption, including non-canon second season
Um yeah rather mixed bag here. One issue I had was that the anime felt the need to include fanservice in serious moments, making me feel like the animators wished they were working on hentai. The manga has fanservice too but I can't say it had THAT much...

-Blue Submarine 6
...okay I admit I had no idea they made this one. o_o Wow that's a blast from the past, I remember seeing this on Toonami long ago. gah I wish I remember how it ended though.

Apparently they also do the animations for the BlazBlue games which is cool, I like those intros.

EDIT: Oh yeah they also did Strike Witches, that series I had trouble getting into because of all the lolicon fanservice... well to be fair take those fanservice stuff and put them into Bayonetta and it'd actually be fitting.

EDIT 2 Electric Boogaloo: I sure seem to say "okay" a lot...

EDIT 3 The Revenge of Edit: They also did Linkin Park's "Breaking the Habit" video. Now there's a major high school flashback, I was really into LP just 10 years ago.
User avatar
19 Sep 2013 00:19

Vonter wrote:
Aiddon wrote:
Vonter wrote:

What did you think of Chrno Crusade? I thought it had a very depressing mean spirited ending.


never watched the whole series and not really that interested.

more info up on ANN: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... n-november


The main hook it had with me was from a magazine that said "evil wins in this anime". True, but I was assuming more awesomeness and ended sour.


Remember watching it about 6-7 years ago with friends. Went through the series in about a week and our hearts sank during that ending. We were like "…well that happened…"
User avatar
19 Sep 2013 00:23

When the guy said 'Bayonetta' I found myself laughing my ass off.
No Avatar
19 Sep 2013 00:42

The only reason someone would watch this is because thay want to **** with Bayonetta
User avatar
19 Sep 2013 01:19

This is pretty cool. Gonzo is pretty hit and miss, but I liked what they did for The Count of Monte Cristo, Romeo x Juliet, Saki and Strike Witches. I imagine this will be fansubbed as soon as the BD for it comes out.
User avatar
19 Sep 2013 02:33

cqallenwalker wrote:This is pretty cool. Gonzo is pretty hit and miss, but I liked what they did for The Count of Monte Cristo, Romeo x Juliet, Saki and Strike Witches. I imagine this will be fansubbed as soon as the BD for it comes out.

They did Romeo x Juliet?? O_O The ending was really WTF. xD
User avatar
19 Sep 2013 05:20

I like studio Gonzo. Hope this comes out West.
No Avatar
19 Sep 2013 06:12

Is this just the story of the first game? If so, maybe they'll bundle it with Bayonetta 2 (either on disc or as a separate DVD)? It'd serve as a decent way to get Wii U players invested in the story before going into the sequel and probably be cheaper to localise it than to port over the first game.

I'd rather have the first game ported and put on the eShop honestly but this wouldn't be a bad thing to have either.
User avatar
19 Sep 2013 10:00

I don't really care for Bayonetta, but I have to say that this was very well made.

Hope the full anime keeps the quality level that consistently high. That would be amazing.
User avatar
19 Sep 2013 14:15

Image

OOH LAWD JESUS HAVE MERCY

Admittedly I don't know if this will turn out well, and the lines seem too harsh in my opinion, but Bayonetta move?! Hell yes!

View the full discussion!

Quickie Search

"Advanced" Search

Anti-social Tendencies

Advertisements

RSS feed trough

News Feed
Top Stories
Console News
Portables News
Podcast Feed
GoNintendo Radio Feed
Twitter Feed

Affiliates + Friends

Destructoid
Gamersyde
Modojo
TheBitBlock
Anime Your Way