Goriginal Content

EoD - Leaks

GN Podcast #471

Xeodrifter diary #4

Adventure Time pics!

Nefarious exclusive!

Gunvolt answers!
 

Donkey Kong Country being sold illegally on Google Play store



UPDATE - Turns out they have another rip-off, Super Mario All-Stars (thanks MothMonsterMan!)

Also check out:
Discussion Preview
18 total comments (View all)
User avatar
31 Oct 2013 21:42

"Donkey kong country HD"

That doesn't look HD. That looks like plagiarism
No Avatar
31 Oct 2013 21:47

Gonna pick this up shortly, too good of a game to pass up.
User avatar
31 Oct 2013 21:50

That's just low. -_- Taking credit, and money that they didn't deserve.
User avatar
31 Oct 2013 21:52

TheDreamingHawk wrote:"Donkey kong country HD"

That doesn't look HD. That looks like plagiarism


i lol'd
User avatar
31 Oct 2013 21:55

Not just one person doing this. I found at least five apps that were just Donkey Kong Country 1-3 ROMs in about five minutes of searching alone.
User avatar
31 Oct 2013 22:06

This definitely looks to me like the grounds for a lawsuit by Nintendo. I'm sure some might disagree though.
User avatar
31 Oct 2013 22:19

*Sarcasm* Why Retro, why you stab Nintendo in the back. *Sarcasm*
User avatar
31 Oct 2013 22:55

The sad thing is I had to take out the name Nintendo from some of my game news apps because Nintendo lawyers didn't want people to possibly think I was affiliated with them, even though I clearly stated I wasn't. However there are hundreds of ROM apps that not only have Nintendo in the title, but sell Nintendo games illegally and they are fine. Although maybe Nintendo got after them too and they just weren't as cooperative as I was.
User avatar
31 Oct 2013 23:02

And they even had the balls to be called themselves RetroStudios. No, that is incorrect! A lawsuit is in order.
No Avatar
31 Oct 2013 23:43

and they're charging less for this then Nintendo???
User avatar
31 Oct 2013 23:46

And they'll need every dime they garnered to pay the lawsuit.
User avatar
31 Oct 2013 23:47

eyezofnight wrote:and they're charging less for this then Nintendo???

It's just like the Apple CrApp Store; if they charged what Nintendo charged, they'd get no sales...
User avatar
31 Oct 2013 23:51

JD wrote:
eyezofnight wrote:and they're charging less for this then Nintendo???

It's just like the Apple CrApp Store; if they charged what Nintendo charged, they'd get no sales...


At least the Apple App store doesn't allow this/help in distributing piracy. But go on, justify your open source.
User avatar
01 Nov 2013 15:05

"RetroStudio"

... LOL, the nerve.
User avatar
01 Nov 2013 21:39

RD3AV5 wrote:
JD wrote:
eyezofnight wrote:and they're charging less for this then Nintendo???

It's just like the Apple CrApp Store; if they charged what Nintendo charged, they'd get no sales...


At least the Apple App store doesn't allow this/help in distributing piracy. But go on, justify your open source.


Oh, so those ten million app store ripoffs of Nintendo games aren't also illegal and copyright infringement?

Like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc503AbIMpI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx2Ri5Zp1n8

Both stores are filled with things Nintendo lawyers aren't exactly happy about.

View the full discussion!

Quickie Search

"Advanced" Search

Anti-social Tendencies

Advertisements

RSS feed trough

News Feed
Top Stories
Console News
Portables News
Podcast Feed
GoNintendo Radio Feed
Twitter Feed

Affiliates + Friends

Destructoid
Gamersyde
Modojo
TheBitBlock
Anime Your Way