Goriginal Content

EoD - Come back, SF

EoD - Come back, F-0

GN Podcast #453

Cult County chat!

EoD - Missed chance?

EoD - Waluigi time?
 

Nintendo makes 3DS NNID, Miiverse pages live



Check them out here and here


Link

Also check out:
Discussion Preview
16 total comments (View all)
User avatar
09 Dec 2013 21:37

Here's a question: if I DON'T have a Wii U, but get one some day in the far, far future, would I be able to share the two IDs then, or does it only work from Wii U to 3DS? Because I'm probably going to make an NNID right now for my 3DS anyway, but I don't want to risk losing things like Ambassador Program or whatever if I ever need to switch IDs on the 3DS if it doesn't synch up in reverse...
User avatar
09 Dec 2013 21:38

"Your ID cannot be registered to more than one Nintendo 3DS system at one time. If you'd like to transfer your account to a new system, use the "Transfer title and data" procedure."

That's from the second link. Is that new or could we do that before???
User avatar
09 Dec 2013 21:42

MAGNUS-8M wrote:Here's a question: if I DON'T have a Wii U, but get one some day in the far, far future, would I be able to share the two IDs then, or does it only work from Wii U to 3DS? Because I'm probably going to make an NNID right now for my 3DS anyway, but I don't want to risk losing things like Ambassador Program or whatever if I ever need to switch IDs on the 3DS if it doesn't synch up in reverse...


I think it really doesn't matter which way you do it. You just log into the same account on either system and then it should link them both automatically.
User avatar
09 Dec 2013 21:50

Hope servers don't crash, the 3DS has a bigger install base than Wii U.
User avatar
09 Dec 2013 21:52

Excellent, I've been waiting to combine my Wii U funds with my leftover SMTIV x FE:A money.
User avatar
09 Dec 2013 21:53

So we have 1 Wii U with three different NNID accounts. We also have 3 3DS's. Can we register each account to a separate 3DS (mine and two sons) even though the three accounts are all on one Wii U?
User avatar
09 Dec 2013 21:53

MAGNUS-8M wrote:Here's a question: if I DON'T have a Wii U, but get one some day in the far, far future, would I be able to share the two IDs then, or does it only work from Wii U to 3DS? Because I'm probably going to make an NNID right now for my 3DS anyway, but I don't want to risk losing things like Ambassador Program or whatever if I ever need to switch IDs on the 3DS if it doesn't synch up in reverse...


I don't think they specified and to be frank I doubt there should be any problem
User avatar
09 Dec 2013 21:57

Jet Pilot wrote:So we have 1 Wii U with three different NNID accounts. We also have 3 3DS's. Can we register each account to a separate 3DS (mine and two sons) even though the three accounts are all on one Wii U?
That should work fine the way it sounds. If not, they'll really have a lot of people upset.
User avatar
09 Dec 2013 22:09

HecticX wrote:"Your ID cannot be registered to more than one Nintendo 3DS system at one time. If you'd like to transfer your account to a new system, use the "Transfer title and data" procedure."

That's from the second link. Is that new or could we do that before???

It's been there since the beginning I believe. it's what you use to move your stuff from one 3DS to another

Jet Pilot wrote:So we have 1 Wii U with three different NNID accounts. We also have 3 3DS's. Can we register each account to a separate 3DS (mine and two sons) even though the three accounts are all on one Wii U?

as long as each Wii u NNID is tied to a different 3DS , you should be able to.
User avatar
09 Dec 2013 22:13

@cubeenigma
Ah, ok. That means I'm just late to the party then.
User avatar
09 Dec 2013 22:16

I can't freaking wait. Finally, NNID's! I hope Nintendo's also working on cross platform crross game voice chat as well.
No Avatar
09 Dec 2013 22:30

MAGNUS-8M wrote:Here's a question: if I DON'T have a Wii U, but get one some day in the far, far future, would I be able to share the two IDs then, or does it only work from Wii U to 3DS? Because I'm probably going to make an NNID right now for my 3DS anyway, but I don't want to risk losing things like Ambassador Program or whatever if I ever need to switch IDs on the 3DS if it doesn't synch up in reverse...


Those who own both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS systems will be able to use the same ID across both devices. You’ll then be able to access the same Nintendo eShop wallet, making shopping for digital games more convenient than ever. If you create a brand-new ID for your Nintendo 3DS system or use a different ID than your Wii U one, your account balances across Wii U and Nintendo 3DS will not be combined.

Link: http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/nintendo-network-id

All the NNID does is let you share money between the eshop on the 3DS and the WII U if you use the same NNID for both systems. This means that if you purchase an Eshop card from Walmart, Gamestop, or etc that the money can be used to purchase a game for the 3DS or the Wii U. Before if a person purchased a points card he could only use it on the DSI or the WII, not both.

If you use a different NNID for the 3DS and the WIIU then the EShop money can only be used on the 3DS or WII U, not both.

if you want to transfer you NNID to a new 3DS system then you would have to use "Transfer title and data" procedure.
User avatar
09 Dec 2013 22:37

kdognumba1 wrote:I can't freaking wait. Finally, NNID's! I hope Nintendo's also working on cross platform crross game voice chat as well.


Now that's just crazy talk!
User avatar
09 Dec 2013 23:49

Well as far as I can tell, it says the eShop is still down for maintenance, and system settings says I'm still up to date, so either the servers are jammed, or they're late on finishing things up.... or tonight was just the night they start preparing to do this stuff and haven't actually done it yet.

>>Ok, Finally, it's downloading..
No Avatar
10 Dec 2013 09:19

All done, i have Miiverse and my account i tied with the same name and password on both consoles and i could use the Wii U Mii, witch is more detailed.

Good.

View the full discussion!

Quickie Search

"Advanced" Search

Anti-social Tendencies

Advertisements

RSS feed trough

News Feed
Top Stories
Console News
Portables News
Podcast Feed
GoNintendo Radio Feed
Twitter Feed

Affiliates + Friends

Destructoid
Gamersyde
Modojo
TheBitBlock
Anime Your Way