Goriginal Content

EoD - Smash Wii U!

Shantae review!

Fantasy Life review

EoD - Instagram fun

Xeodrifter diary #12

GN Podcast #479
 

Nintendo dominates E3 2014 conversation on Twitter

The following information was compiled by social media intelligence analytics provider Crimson Hexagon...

- 47% of all tweets sent out during last week's E3 expo mentioned Nintendo
- one of the most popular tweet's was from Nintendo's own Twitter account
- the tweet teased Shigeru Miyamoto's appearance Treehouse Live
- another popular tweet came from @Dropkickpikachu, who tweeted: "Nintendo has just shown more playable female character's in one game preview than the other companies have all E3 so far."
- the '#Nintendo' hashtag was used 30,000 times
- #e32014 was tweeted 55,000 times
- PlayStation claimed 28% of the Twitter conversation
- Xbox claimed 25% of the Twitter conversation

Link

Discussion Preview
21 total comments (View all)
User avatar
16 Jun 2014 21:08

Well Nintendo's twitter did tweet out basically everything that happened during the treehouse ;D

But that's some cool stats.
User avatar
16 Jun 2014 21:12

Nintendo created a lot of hype this year... Maybe it will translate into sales.
User avatar
16 Jun 2014 21:21

another popular tweet came from @Dropkickpikachu, who tweeted: "Nintendo has just shown more playable female character's in one game preview than the other companies have all E3 so far."

^This part was the most important for me to read. People are ALL about the "female equality" stuff now-a-days, so this alone brings a lot of attention to Nintendo. One of the best groups to have on your side are feminists so Nintendo is doing something right there!
User avatar
16 Jun 2014 21:34

@Mamma Jynx

But will they buy the system and games?
User avatar
16 Jun 2014 21:44

This E3 was Nintendomination indeed, let's see if consumers will react to the hype.
User avatar
16 Jun 2014 22:00

"Nintendo has just shown more playable female character's in one game preview than the other companies have all E3 so far"

How the heck did that get popular? Both genders are equal in my eyes, people are people after all.

Well, whatever helps nintendo in the end, I suppose... Though it seems like a strange case.
User avatar
16 Jun 2014 22:01

Mamma Jynx wrote:another popular tweet came from @Dropkickpikachu, who tweeted: "Nintendo has just shown more playable female character's in one game preview than the other companies have all E3 so far."

^This part was the most important for me to read. People are ALL about the "female equality" stuff now-a-days, so this alone brings a lot of attention to Nintendo. One of the best groups to have on your side are feminists so Nintendo is doing something right there!


I don't know if Nintendo was listening to the demand for more female characters or if it was just a nicely timed coincidence. Either way I'm happy about it. I prefer female characters, especially badass ones like Impa in Hyrule Warriors. We have enough dudebro testosterone laced shooters.

More options never hurt anyone.
User avatar
16 Jun 2014 22:05

@Mamma Jynx

Well, I guess that's not a bad thing?
User avatar
16 Jun 2014 22:05

element187 wrote:Nintendo created a lot of hype this year... Maybe it will translate into sales.


Nope, clearly these tweets only predicted Nintendoom.
User avatar
16 Jun 2014 22:19

ridleysaria wrote:

I don't know if Nintendo was listening to the demand for more female characters or if it was just a nicely timed coincidence. Either way I'm happy about it. I prefer female characters, especially badass ones like Impa in Hyrule Warriors. We have enough dudebro testosterone laced shooters.

More options never hurt anyone.


They've definitely been listening to the demand over the years. There's a reason why Rosalina, Peach, Dixie Kong, Palutina, etc are playable :)

http://nintendoeverything.com/miyamoto- ... e-the-guy/
User avatar
16 Jun 2014 22:24

Wow, sounds like Nintendo is all the rage right now. I know quite a few people that went out to get a Wii U recently and it seems like a lot of people will be following.
No Avatar
16 Jun 2014 22:27

Yeah, I don't think Nintendo even thinks females being in games is anything special. They just do it because why else would they not?

Oh, and they want more money.
User avatar
17 Jun 2014 01:51

TheDreamingHawk wrote:"Nintendo has just shown more playable female character's in one game preview than the other companies have all E3 so far"

How the heck did that get popular? Both genders are equal in my eyes, people are people after all.

Well, whatever helps nintendo in the end, I suppose... Though it seems like a strange case.

It was just nicely timed with the polemic regarding Ubisoft and their retarded statements that female characters are too hard to make or something.
User avatar
17 Jun 2014 07:18

Light_Wolf wrote:
TheDreamingHawk wrote:"Nintendo has just shown more playable female character's in one game preview than the other companies have all E3 so far"

How the heck did that get popular? Both genders are equal in my eyes, people are people after all.

Well, whatever helps nintendo in the end, I suppose... Though it seems like a strange case.

It was just nicely timed with the polemic regarding Ubisoft and their retarded statements that female characters are too hard to make or something.


Both genders might be equal, but you can usually only play as one!
User avatar
17 Jun 2014 10:21

@TheDreamingHawk
Congratulations, you've completely missed the point.
User avatar
17 Jun 2014 11:01

mock turtle wrote:@TheDreamingHawk
Congratulations, you've completely missed the point.


No, I haven't. While men are often seen as the cool guys in video games, Women can be too. (For example Samus). I just don't see how Nintendo does something they always have done (Add female protagonists in their games) and it suddenly starts getting popular...
User avatar
17 Jun 2014 11:40

TheDreamingHawk wrote:
mock turtle wrote:@TheDreamingHawk
Congratulations, you've completely missed the point.


No, I haven't. While men are often seen as the cool guys in video games, Women can be too. (For example Samus). I just don't see how Nintendo does something they always have done (Add female protagonists in their games) and it suddenly starts getting popular...

Read my previoud post. That tweet was more a jab at the other companies (Ubisoft in particular) than any commentary about Nintendo.
User avatar
17 Jun 2014 16:23

Almost half of all tweets. Pretty good for a company that supposedly didn't show up at E3 and supposedly doesn't know what the internet is.
User avatar
17 Jun 2014 19:06

Zug Zug wrote:Almost half of all tweets. Pretty good for a company that supposedly didn't show up at E3 and supposedly doesn't know what the internet is.


Yeah this has to be a typo. I think it's supposed to be 47% of all E3 tweets or gaming related tweets because if you add up the big three's percentages, its 100% and I know for a fact that 100% of twitter wasn't dedicated to the three console manufacturers. Still awesome either way, but damn, 47% of all tweets would be insane.
User avatar
17 Jun 2014 19:56

Light_Wolf wrote:
TheDreamingHawk wrote:
mock turtle wrote:@TheDreamingHawk
Congratulations, you've completely missed the point.


No, I haven't. While men are often seen as the cool guys in video games, Women can be too. (For example Samus). I just don't see how Nintendo does something they always have done (Add female protagonists in their games) and it suddenly starts getting popular...

Read my previoud post. That tweet was more a jab at the other companies (Ubisoft in particular) than any commentary about Nintendo.


I do admit those companies overuse men... But I don't see why it's only happening now if Nintendo has been using female protagonists for a long time, while Ubisoft and EA have used mostly men

View the full discussion!

Quickie Search

"Advanced" Search

Anti-social Tendencies

Advertisements

RSS feed trough

News Feed
Top Stories
Console News
Portables News
Podcast Feed
GoNintendo Radio Feed
Twitter Feed

Affiliates + Friends

Destructoid
Gamersyde
Modojo
TheBitBlock
Anime Your Way