MoldyClay wrote:- I just imagined Zoroark since it was similar in build to Lucario. Personally, I think it'd be cool if they did something with the Illusion Ability, but maybe they can do that as a Pokeball and finally get that Ditto ability from Melee. I just want Mewtwo back, really. And I would've loved Deoxys as playable. Haha.
Zoroark would be an easy skin over Lucario [other than the flailing hair anyway], yeah. Mewtwo should definitely be back in.
I just want a non-humanoid [non-PT] playable pkmn for once. *sighs*
- Starfy/Stafy IS Kirby-ish in design, but I would hope they'd acknowledge that he's nothing like Kirby. I mean, he IS an Assist in Brawl and they DID finally release a game of his here. Gotta dream.
Time will tell.
- I think Waluigi could make up a moveset out of sidegames (like Tennis, Golf, etc). He would be interesting. Daisy is too similar to Peach (as is Rosalina) and would be more likely clones, so those are obviously not good choices. There's also Toad. I just think there should be one more Mario rep that isn't something like Birdo or a one-off character.
I'd prefer Paper Mario for a newcomer myself - but I guess Waluigi could be chaotic [and thus an instant Smash fit]...
- Yeah, the Nintendo Land game and him being in Captain Rainbow are the big pulls for me. Almost positive he was considered at one point for one of them, but I might be making that up.
Time will tell.
- Nothing against Medusa. I think Pit, Palutena and Medusa would all be good. Though maybe Palutena would be too similar to Zelda but with a staff? And thus similar to probably Krystal as well (assuming you wanted her to use the staff).
Yep, I was imagining Adventures Krystal.
Though, as mentioned later on, Krystal could be a faster Staff user VS Palutena perhaps?
- Personally, if I had to pick a character from ED, I'd have wanted Pious. Any kind of acknowledgment of the series would be beautiful though.
Pious is coolio, him or Alex [with the other as an AT?] would be just fine.
- I just think MM is more iconic. There are lots of series that would have amazing stage/music potential. I would love some Castlevania love thrown SSB's way, especially if Snake is out (which seems obvious at this point; Probably in Sony Smash Bros.).
Fair enough - I just can't relate to MM.
All depends on whether we get simply 2 [again] or 3 Third Party characters this time.
- I am pumped you put Black Mage. Too bad Vivi isn't really on anything Nintendo related (I don't think he's in any of the KH games other than KH2, but I may be wrong). Square is pretty buddy-buddy with Nintendo again now though, so anything's possible. Especially with all the Mario Sports/Hoops and Fortune Street games. Though I'd be bummed out if we got SLIME instead of Black Mage. D: Or Sora.
Nope. Only appeared in KH2 mefraid.
And agreed, love KH - but KH/Sora [like Snake/MGS] are too ingrained in Sony's history [even with CoM and DDD].
Slime would be a nice AT, perhaps.
And heck, thinking about it, BlackMage already has a model base for them to work on from that Mario Hoops game...
In any case, this game will be interesting since, while Sakurai is indeed in charge of it, Bandai-Namco could have some influence. And Nintendo will probably try to push certain things (like Roy in Melee).
I just hope Namco go for a historical favourite [Pac-Man] and don't push a new Soul Calibur or Tales character that hasn't appeared on a Nintendo console yet.
[But then the roster will be done and dusted by this year's end, so unless something from either IP is in the works for the Wii U, then I don't see any reason Sakurai to acknowledge either]
... At least it isn't Capcom here. Good lord would that give me nightmares!