Super Smash Bros. U - The Long Wait Thread

Everything about the Wii and its games...

Re: Super Smash Bros. U - The Not-in-Development Hype Thread

Postby UncleBibby » 14 Jun 2011 20:11

Rock Lobster wrote:Honestly, thinking about it more, I'm not entirely sure Travis Touchdown is a character suited for Smash. I mean, he frequently spews vulgarities and all of his moves end in some over-the-top bloody demise for his opponents. Don't get me wrong, I loved both NMH games, and would to see him in SSB4, but I'm not so sure how well he'd fit in. I know Snake was "censored" a bit and fit in just fine, but since vulgar actions and language are a fairly critical part of Travis' character, I'm not sure how they could add him without taking away his essence; his personality. His moves would certainly work if blood was just removed from them, but I'm not sure what PG dialogue he could have.


They could make him say the swears exactly as he does in No More Heroes, but censor it with a BLEEP sound effect. That way, the hardcore Travis Touchdown fans will understand what he's really saying, and the young kids won't have to hear anything rude.
I can't stop thinking about control schemes!
User avatar
UncleBibby
Goomba
Goomba
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 15 May 2010 19:32
Location: Canada
Wii: 1174 2715 8691 8393

Re: Super Smash Bros. U - The Not-in-Development Hype Thread

Postby Torus » 14 Jun 2011 20:19

Had they kept the No More Heroes games exclusive to Wii then I would fully back Travis being in Smash, but since they ended up porting all the games to PS3, it feels a bit like they betrayed Nintendo just for money.
User avatar
Torus
Goomba
Goomba
 
Posts: 19
Joined: 26 Jun 2009 11:22
NN ID: walkamongoose
3DS: 0688-5331-9877
Wii: 1268-7778-1248-7931
XBL: walkamongoose

Re: Super Smash Bros. U - The Not-in-Development Hype Thread

Postby DarkDude » 14 Jun 2011 20:28

UncleBibby wrote:They could make him say the swears exactly as he does in No More Heroes, but censor it with a BLEEP sound effect. That way, the hardcore Travis Touchdown fans will understand what he's really saying, and the young kids won't have to hear anything rude.

No bleeping. Bleeping is a bad idea. Who wants to hear bleeping while playing Smash Bros.?
User avatar
DarkDude
Shyguy
Shyguy
 
Posts: 109
Joined: 11 Aug 2006 14:24
Location: United States of America

Re: Super Smash Bros. U - The Not-in-Development Hype Thread

Postby Wonks » 14 Jun 2011 23:19

AmbitionMakesYouUgly wrote:Maybe Chibi Robo..?

Chibi Robo would be a good one. In fact, I'd say he could have a fair shot at making it.


(DarkDude, thanks for the compliment on my Dr. Wiley idea. :D )
Image
User avatar
Wonks
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee
 
Posts: 83
Joined: 17 Apr 2011 23:42

Re: Super Smash Bros. U - The Not-in-Development Hype Thread

Postby DarkDude » 15 Jun 2011 02:21

reticence wrote:(DarkDude, thanks for the compliment on my Dr. Wiley idea. :D )
Yeah, I think it's a really good idea. Because, like I said before, I wouldn't want a bunch of different Robot Masters as separate characters and this would allow multiple Robot Masters to be playable characters. It would give Mega Man a nemesis to play against. Dr. Wily doesn't do any fighting himself (until all his Robot Masters are dead). I would imagine that Dr. Wily could come out in one of his vehicles as a Final Smash, like he does as the final boss in the Mega Man games. And I don't think each Robot Master would have enough moves to fill up all the moves, so having (most likely) down+special to switch between different robots would make up for that. It's just a good idea that solves numerous issues at once.

Also, Chibi Robo is yet another game I haven't had the pleasure of playing.
User avatar
DarkDude
Shyguy
Shyguy
 
Posts: 109
Joined: 11 Aug 2006 14:24
Location: United States of America

Re: Super Smash Bros. U - The Not-in-Development Hype Thread

Postby Berrix » 17 Jun 2011 17:48

DarkDude wrote:Also, Chibi Robo is yet another game I haven't had the pleasure of playing.


My lord man, you've been neglected some decent experiences from what I've read so far. I recommend trying it whenever you see it somewhere in store.

Also, any feedback on the postings I'm making is always welcome. I know everyone has their preferences, so no need for the who deserves what more. Read the characters as they are please. :wink: Just cause I myself couldn't think of a moveset, doesn't mean you can't make one or suggest ways to go about thinking of one.

Afterthought: If anyone has better Google-fu than I do, I'd like to see if anyone else can find a Welt (from Soma Bringer) image that isn't all shoddy or small.
User avatar
Berrix
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
 
Posts: 1246
Joined: 20 Apr 2011 21:16
NN ID: Paraka
PSN: Moardawtz

Re: Super Smash Bros. U - The Not-in-Development Hype Thread

Postby Jack_Atlas » 23 Jun 2011 13:03

Here's a list of characters I would like to see in smash u

Star Fox

Krystal{with her staff}
Slippy toad -just because it would be funny listening to him talk in a fight

F-Zero

Jody summer
James McCloud { picture Fox fighting him it would be a huge WTF moment}

3RD party

CAPCOM

Megaman X
Zero x series or zero version

SEGA

Sonic the hedgehog {prob wont happen again}
Metal Sonic

tecmo koei

Kasumi and Ayane

I also believe manga and comic characters should be included , instead of just game characters
Image
Jack_Atlas
Metool
Metool
 
Posts: 309
Joined: 26 Dec 2010 11:36
NN ID: MMXZero
3DS: 1805-2179-8194

Re: Super Smash Bros. U - The Not-in-Development Hype Thread

Postby Berrix » 26 Jun 2011 11:21

DarkDude wrote:What kind of moveset could Little Mac have?


You'd be surprised how often I just have read this among the internet. Reminds me of when Sonic fans wanted him in SSB and people went on about how his skills would only use spinning and that's it. Yet somehow that literally happened, but it worked for him.

So this would work for Little Mac.

Image

The fact that boxing is more complex than punching, it allowed me to see some ability with Little Mac that otherwise wouldn't be seen from his games. Also taking a page from Capcom and Rareware's own fighting games as reference to how their pugilist punchers worked there, and went forward.

I think he'll do just fine, really. :wink:
User avatar
Berrix
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
 
Posts: 1246
Joined: 20 Apr 2011 21:16
NN ID: Paraka
PSN: Moardawtz

Re: Super Smash Bros. U - The Not-in-Development Hype Thread

Postby TheUltraDude » 29 Jun 2011 19:33

Caution: extremely far-fetched

Select pokemon trainer as a character

go through a choice of the male, female and rivaltrainers from all the past generations (pokemon fan service)

select 3 pokemon from a list which includes 3 starters in each stages in their evolution chains from each generation and 3 popular non-starters from that generation so that'd a choice of 30 pokemon

possible match-up being: N with mudkip, garchomp and zoroark

basically works like pokemon trainer from brawl, an option to just use 1 or 2 would be nice as well

Probably overkill and extremely unlikely to happen but my pokemon fanboyism would like to see this happen, I guess it'd fit with the whole pokemon thing because a big aspect of pokemon is customising your team. Having typed this pokemon could get a great fighting game if somebody gets the urge to go and do it

Also take out the clones (lucas for poo from earthbound?) and give ganondorf a sword
User avatar
TheUltraDude
Fairy
Fairy
 
Posts: 8
Joined: 17 Apr 2011 20:04

Re: Super Smash Bros. U - The Not-in-Development Hype Thread

Postby Clowns8me » 30 Jun 2011 23:36

--nerf metaknight hard because he was borderline unfair in brawl.
--nerf snake's tilts as much as i like using them.
--have a physics engine more akin to melee than brawl. brawl's was fine for the most part it just was unable to provide the same face-paced rush that melee did. if you're not sure what i'm talking about: compare these two:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfk2vgePkZs&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7EQzOahzhQ&feature=related[/youtube]
clearly brawl could still be exciting (see the entirety of the second video) but it just wasn't the same intensity. (note: there is a common player in the two videos).

--make throws more a threat in terms of killing (64) or comboing (melee). few characters had throws that led easily into attacks in brawl.
--make meta ridley a character that essentially replaces charizard.
--get rid of Pokemon trainer and get a new pokemon for lucario.
--give ganon a new move set.
Image
User avatar
Clowns8me
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
 
Posts: 1152
Joined: 24 Oct 2007 11:12
Location: Maryland, where I keep an eye on things...

Re: Super Smash Bros. U - The Not-in-Development Hype Thread

Postby Mega Man 1984 » 01 Jul 2011 06:05

Clowns8me wrote: Brawl versus Melee


Brawl is a bit slower paced than Melee, but for me, that's a good thing. I couldn't get into Melee, since is was just too chaotic and fast. Brawl seemed more balanced.
Platformers are my favorite gaming genre. Super Mario Galaxy, New Super Mario Bros., Sonic Rush, Sonic Colors, Mega Man 9 and 10. It's a great time to be a platformer fan!
User avatar
Mega Man 1984
Flicky
Flicky
 
Posts: 59
Joined: 26 Jun 2011 13:04
Location: Mesa, Arizona, USA
Wii: 5519-8046-0668-6068

Re: Super Smash Bros. U - The Not-in-Development Hype Thread

Postby Clowns8me » 01 Jul 2011 08:35

yeah no i actually enjoy brawl a lot more than melee mostly because i've simply played it a lot more; it's just that (i think) melee was just the better of the two games. to each his own.
Image
User avatar
Clowns8me
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
 
Posts: 1152
Joined: 24 Oct 2007 11:12
Location: Maryland, where I keep an eye on things...

Re: Super Smash Bros. U - The Not-in-Development Hype Thread

Postby Berrix » 01 Jul 2011 17:14

Clowns8me wrote:--make throws more a threat in terms of killing (64) or comboing (melee). few characters had throws that led easily into attacks in brawl.
--make meta ridley a character that essentially replaces charizard.
--get rid of Pokemon trainer and get a new pokemon for lucario.
--give ganon a new move set.


Everyone has their opinions. I think there is a sweet spot between the two breed of games, hope to see the Smash 4 find it. Though I prefer Brawl over Melee for many accounts, I think it's refreshing to see a wider array of characters played more often in higher end fights in tournaments than the select four.

As far as you getting rid of PT, I'd be against it. He's a unique one that changes not only the moves of his characters, but weight and class of the character. Not to mention I don't think Meta-Ridley (or any Ridley, size debacle aside) would be a good replacement for Charizard.

Something about ramming your head through stone for a special repeatedly won't go well with fans of Ridley.

Though Ganon is pulling further and further away from his clone-like roots, I can see this going further to a point it feels and look completely different.
User avatar
Berrix
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
 
Posts: 1246
Joined: 20 Apr 2011 21:16
NN ID: Paraka
PSN: Moardawtz

Re: Super Smash Bros. U - The Not-in-Development Hype Thread

Postby cortjezter » 01 Jul 2011 17:24

i have a great idea: no pokemon or trainers! open the slot(s) for something better :P
User avatar
cortjezter
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4261
Joined: 17 Oct 2005 00:05
Location: Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan
Steam ID: cortjezter
Wii: 4659 4316 9119 3027
PSN: cortjezter
XBL: cortjezter

Re: Super Smash Bros. U - The Not-in-Development Hype Thread

Postby Clowns8me » 02 Jul 2011 00:47

i feel like jiggly and pikachu should be the only permanent pokemon in the smash series and for that matter the only pokemon in the smash series. i just don't really mind the mewtwo/lucario. but yeah i too kind felt like PT while a good addition was another possible three characters that could have been added from three different series.

Berrix wrote:Though I prefer Brawl over Melee for many accounts, I think it's refreshing to see a wider array of characters played more often in higher end fights in tournaments than the select four.
i'm pretty sure you were talking about melee when you meant the select four (fox falco sheik marth) and i definitely agree that in brawl it's nice to see more variation in tournaments. though there's still a frustrating sea of MK players (and snake) it seems to me that the A tier as a whole (all ten of them i think) is more well represented in brawl tournaments (e.i. not just the first 2-4).
Image
User avatar
Clowns8me
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
 
Posts: 1152
Joined: 24 Oct 2007 11:12
Location: Maryland, where I keep an eye on things...

Re: Super Smash Bros. U - The Not-in-Development Hype Thread

Postby Berrix » 02 Jul 2011 01:03

Clowns8me wrote:i feel like jiggly and pikachu should be the only permanent pokemon in the smash series and for that matter the only pokemon in the smash series. i just don't really mind the mewtwo/lucario. but yeah i too kind felt like PT while a good addition was another possible three characters that could have been added from three different series.

Berrix wrote:Though I prefer Brawl over Melee for many accounts, I think it's refreshing to see a wider array of characters played more often in higher end fights in tournaments than the select four.
i'm pretty sure you were talking about melee when you meant the select four (fox falco sheik marth) and i definitely agree that in brawl it's nice to see more variation in tournaments. though there's still a frustrating sea of MK players (and snake) it seems to me that the A tier as a whole (all ten of them i think) is more well represented in brawl tournaments (e.i. not just the first 2-4).


Yes, I was referring to Melee, and yes those four. With a rare cameo of Roy.

However, let's look at this at another angle for PT, if say PT removed, but Charizard kept from it. What would been good characters that would been able to replace the other two with their exact moveset? Mind you they can change in style, not saying it Squirtle's skillset should stay water based. Just curious how certain people see things.

Also, no knocking on Mewtwo, he was beast. :(
User avatar
Berrix
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
 
Posts: 1246
Joined: 20 Apr 2011 21:16
NN ID: Paraka
PSN: Moardawtz

Re: Super Smash Bros. U - The Not-in-Development Hype Thread

Postby Clowns8me » 02 Jul 2011 10:48

Berrix wrote:However, let's look at this at another angle for PT, if say PT removed, but Charizard kept from it. What would been good characters that would been able to replace the other two with their exact moveset? Mind you they can change in style, not saying it Squirtle's skillset should stay water based.
i meant like charizard squirtle and ivysaur in my book count as sakuri using three more character slots on pokemon (on top of the two or three that were already there). and when i look at like that it just seems like those spots could have been better used for different characters from other series (and consequently different movesets). if you need a concrete three let's say Ridley chibi-robo and little mac.

also a thought that just occurred: i'd be fine with the Little King and the minion townspeople from LKS taking the place of Olimar.
Image
User avatar
Clowns8me
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
 
Posts: 1152
Joined: 24 Oct 2007 11:12
Location: Maryland, where I keep an eye on things...

Re: Super Smash Bros. U - The Not-in-Development Hype Thread

Postby Koopason » 02 Jul 2011 11:22

I'd love for Ganon to have his own move set this time, instead of just being a clone of Captain Falcon. I'd also love if Bomberman could get in as one of the third party characters (if there is any).
Koopason
Flicky
Flicky
 
Posts: 53
Joined: 21 Jun 2011 22:48

Re: Super Smash Bros. U - The Not-in-Development Hype Thread

Postby Torus » 02 Jul 2011 20:15

Koopason wrote:I'd love for Ganon to have his own move set this time, instead of just being a clone of Captain Falcon. I'd also love if Bomberman could get in as one of the third party characters (if there is any).


Yeah, Bomberman would be tons of fun. B - throw a bomb. Forward B - throw a bomb. Down B - throw a bomb. Up B - throw a bomb. Forward Smash - throw a bomb. Up Smash - throw a bomb. Down Smash - throw a bomb. Taunt - throw a bomb.
User avatar
Torus
Goomba
Goomba
 
Posts: 19
Joined: 26 Jun 2009 11:22
NN ID: walkamongoose
3DS: 0688-5331-9877
Wii: 1268-7778-1248-7931
XBL: walkamongoose

Re: Super Smash Bros. U - The Not-in-Development Hype Thread

Postby Mega Man 1984 » 02 Jul 2011 21:32

Torus wrote:
Koopason wrote:I'd love for Ganon to have his own move set this time, instead of just being a clone of Captain Falcon. I'd also love if Bomberman could get in as one of the third party characters (if there is any).


Yeah, Bomberman would be tons of fun. B - throw a bomb. Forward B - throw a bomb. Down B - throw a bomb. Up B - throw a bomb. Forward Smash - throw a bomb. Up Smash - throw a bomb. Down Smash - throw a bomb. Taunt - throw a bomb.


Hey Mr. Game & Watch has a unique moveset for such a simple character, so why not Bomberman?

Mega Man please. Kthnx
Platformers are my favorite gaming genre. Super Mario Galaxy, New Super Mario Bros., Sonic Rush, Sonic Colors, Mega Man 9 and 10. It's a great time to be a platformer fan!
User avatar
Mega Man 1984
Flicky
Flicky
 
Posts: 59
Joined: 26 Jun 2011 13:04
Location: Mesa, Arizona, USA
Wii: 5519-8046-0668-6068

Re: Super Smash Bros. U - The Not-in-Development Hype Thread

Postby Berrix » 03 Jul 2011 01:24

Clowns8me wrote:
Berrix wrote:However, let's look at this at another angle for PT, if say PT removed, but Charizard kept from it. What would been good characters that would been able to replace the other two with their exact moveset? Mind you they can change in style, not saying it Squirtle's skillset should stay water based.
i meant like charizard squirtle and ivysaur in my book count as sakuri using three more character slots on pokemon (on top of the two or three that were already there). and when i look at like that it just seems like those spots could have been better used for different characters from other series (and consequently different movesets). if you need a concrete three let's say Ridley chibi-robo and little mac.

also a thought that just occurred: i'd be fine with the Little King and the minion townspeople from LKS taking the place of Olimar.


Don't you be touching my Olimar, beesh!

I never understood the focal point and view of people thinking Smash is like jehovah witnesses where there is only a certain allotted amount of slots for characters. Pretty sure time was the issue, and sacrificing one character doesn't automatically grant the same time for another character instantly. Much more complicated than that.

Though I personally would like to see more love via Golden Sun and Sin & Punishment in my eyes. And go back to when arenas were more involving, not just platforms above the zones.
User avatar
Berrix
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
 
Posts: 1246
Joined: 20 Apr 2011 21:16
NN ID: Paraka
PSN: Moardawtz

Re: Super Smash Bros. U - The Not-in-Development Hype Thread

Postby Blue_Falcon » 04 Jul 2011 15:15

Clowns8me wrote:
also a thought that just occurred: i'd be fine with the Little King and the minion townspeople from LKS taking the place of Olimar.


I second this genius suggestion. So far it's the best idea I've seen in this thread.
ImageImage
User avatar
Blue_Falcon
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant
 
Posts: 220
Joined: 17 Apr 2009 09:35
Location: Everywhere

Re: Super Smash Bros. U - The Not-in-Development Hype Thread

Postby Mega Man 1984 » 04 Jul 2011 15:18

Blue_Falcon wrote:
Clowns8me wrote:
also a thought that just occurred: i'd be fine with the Little King and the minion townspeople from LKS taking the place of Olimar.


I second this genius suggestion. So far it's the best idea I've seen in this thread.


But then he'd just be a clone of Olimar. No more clones please.
Platformers are my favorite gaming genre. Super Mario Galaxy, New Super Mario Bros., Sonic Rush, Sonic Colors, Mega Man 9 and 10. It's a great time to be a platformer fan!
User avatar
Mega Man 1984
Flicky
Flicky
 
Posts: 59
Joined: 26 Jun 2011 13:04
Location: Mesa, Arizona, USA
Wii: 5519-8046-0668-6068

Re: Super Smash Bros. U - The Not-in-Development Hype Thread

Postby Gulshog » 04 Jul 2011 15:32

Am I the only person that simply does not believe Smash WiiU, and other WiiU games too, arent in development, or havent been in development for a while now? I think that was a deception to throw off the competition. I honestly cant believe they have been doing absolutely nothing with Smash for WiiU. If they havent it wont be out until 2015...Nintendo would never, ever, mention a title that early.
User avatar
Gulshog
Boo
Boo
 
Posts: 565
Joined: 18 Jul 2008 17:26

Re: Super Smash Bros. U - The Not-in-Development Hype Thread

Postby Mega Man 1984 » 04 Jul 2011 15:37

Gulshog wrote:Am I the only person that simply does not believe Smash WiiU, and other WiiU games too, arent in development, or havent been in development for a while now? I think that was a deception to throw off the competition. I honestly cant believe they have been doing absolutely nothing with Smash for WiiU. If they havent it wont be out until 2015...Nintendo would never, ever, mention a title that early.


That depends on how ambitious Sakurai wants to be with the new game. Brawl had tons of stuff to do. I'd be happy with just an HD version of Brawl, with a slightly updated roster (no Snake, add Mega Man and Simon Belmont, done).
Platformers are my favorite gaming genre. Super Mario Galaxy, New Super Mario Bros., Sonic Rush, Sonic Colors, Mega Man 9 and 10. It's a great time to be a platformer fan!
User avatar
Mega Man 1984
Flicky
Flicky
 
Posts: 59
Joined: 26 Jun 2011 13:04
Location: Mesa, Arizona, USA
Wii: 5519-8046-0668-6068

PreviousNext

Return to WiiU / Wii

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TheLastBlade, ubricke