Wii U - The "everything" Info Thread

Everything about the Wii and its games...

Re: Wii U - The "everything" Info Thread

Postby ddddd » 01 Feb 2013 18:53

Everybody ignores the "Oriental Creatures" Artist that recently joined Retro that I keep mentioning ;_;
ddddd
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Damian-87

Postby KingBroly » 01 Feb 2013 19:39

ddddd wrote:Everybody ignores the "Oriental Creatures" Artist that recently joined Retro that I keep mentioning ;_;

Have a link to some of his work?
Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention
My Alternate Account is Cortjezter
I write things here from time to time
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

NN ID: KingBroly
3DS: 3351-4164-6416
Steam ID: KingBroly
Wii: 8135-0917-9758-1594
PSN: KingBroly
XBL: KingBroly

Postby FadedAreWii » 02 Feb 2013 00:11

KingBroly wrote:Well, here's a couple of facts about Retro's game (assuming it's only one):

- They had crunch time last year supposedly (Gives the impression that the game went to Alpha or Beta)
- The game will not have realistic-looking graphics (The game will be colorful)
- Retro hired concept artists from Junction Point (Epic Mickey), Vigil Games (Darksiders), Bioware Austin (TOR)
- Retro hired programmers from Naughty Dog, Vigil Games

The rumors going around is that it's some kind of action game or fps. Given that it's going to be non-realistic, the former seems more likely.

EDIT: Hey Guys, EA is at it again! Madden 25 was not announced for Wii U. Shock and Awe

Sounding a lot like Star Fox if you ask me.

@ Berrix: I can understand your opinion, but you gotta understand that way more people love Prime than hate it. ;-)
Skyward
FadedAreWii
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: WiiareFaded

Postby Koopzilla » 02 Feb 2013 00:27

FadedAreWii wrote:@ Berrix: I can understand your opinion, but you gotta understand that way more people love Prime than hate it. ;-)

I did like Prime a lot. Very impressive that someone made a FPS game that I actually liked, something I can only say about a couple other FPSs. But I personally don't want another Prime, I'd like the series to move away from FPS. Of course, I'd buy it if they made it because it would no doubt be a good game. Plus, I'd like something different from Retro. And I feel Star Fox would be kind of a waste of all that talent, unless they have at least two games in development. Don't get me wrong, I love Star Fox (well, aside from Command), but I think someone else could make that.
Koopzilla
Nintendo Power Player

NN ID: Koopzilla
3DS: 2793-0595-9972

Postby FadedAreWii » 02 Feb 2013 00:54

If not Retro, Treasure, for sure, but I think Retro can pull of ground and air missions, which is the direction it seems Nintendo wants to go with the franchise. I wouldn't have much faith in anyone else to pull of ground missions if they are going to try them again.
Skyward
FadedAreWii
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby Berrix » 02 Feb 2013 01:49

FadedAreWii wrote:@ Berrix: I can understand your opinion, but you gotta understand that way more people love Prime than hate it. ;-)

Hence why I rarely open my mouth about it. I've said my peace, and mention it in passing. I, however, won't be "that guy" when it comes to griping over a simple series in a franchise.

Now as for Treasure, they're hit and miss for me, loved Ikaruga (still play it the most on the GCN/Wii). Yet, their Wario game was lacking so much. Though I would place bets on an amazing game if Treasure was to handle Star Fox.
Berrix
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Paraka
PSN: Moardawtz

Postby ddddd » 02 Feb 2013 10:29

KingBroly wrote:
ddddd wrote:Everybody ignores the "Oriental Creatures" Artist that recently joined Retro that I keep mentioning ;_;

"Her". Allison Theus. More horror/monster focused than oriental I see, and it worked at Vigil too:

http://images.elfwood.com/art/a/t/atheu ... -Theus.jpg

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/ ... livion.jpg

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/ ... 5tihgw.jpg

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/ ... 59bsub.jpg

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/ ... 5ldvg3.jpg

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/ ... 5ckyva.jpg

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/ ... 4uy077.jpg

EDIT: It seems like Mario Kart and Galaxy 3* could be coming this year:

Q. What is the timeframe of the new software you were mentioning? What about the development structure?

Iwata : we are not thinking about a long timeframe. We are thinking about Mid year up to End of the year 2013. We also have games that are slated for end of the year that we havent mentioned yet.

* I have big reasons (time and money) to believe it will be Galaxy/3DLand style.
ddddd
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby Berrix » 02 Feb 2013 13:55

ddddd wrote:
Q. What is the timeframe of the new software you were mentioning? What about the development structure?

Iwata : we are not thinking about a long timeframe. We are thinking about Mid year up to End of the year 2013. We also have games that are slated for end of the year that we havent mentioned yet.

* I have big reasons (time and money) to believe it will be Galaxy/3DLand style.

Not that I mind it, I welcome what Galaxy may be able to do on the Wii U. Howver, I'll admit I'm still hoping for the rumor it was called Super Mario and the game was going back to the 64 playstyle. Pretty sure people would eat. That. Up.

On other things; OpRa had this article not too long ago that was an enjoyable read.

http://operationrainfall.com/nintendos-gambit-business-strategy-for-the-wii-u/1/

They make really good points, and makes you think what Nintendo is really being up to right now. As it said in the article; Don't count Nintendo out of any generation, they've been a game company for many years now and know what they're doing. The whole CPU/GPU bit is an interesting thing to think about as well.
Berrix
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby FadedAreWii » 02 Feb 2013 20:42

Berrix wrote:

Hence why I rarely open my mouth about it. I've said my peace, and mention it in passing. I, however, won't be "that guy" when it comes to griping over a simple series in a franchise.

Now as for Treasure, they're hit and miss for me, loved Ikaruga (still play it the most on the GCN/Wii). Yet, their Wario game was lacking so much. Though I would place bets on an amazing game if Treasure was to handle Star Fox.

Have you played Sin and Punishment 2 on Wii? It's practically a Star Fox game.
Skyward
FadedAreWii
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby KingBroly » 02 Feb 2013 21:25

ddddd wrote:
KingBroly wrote:

"Her". Allison Theus. More horror/monster focused than oriental I see, and it worked at Vigil too:

http://images.elfwood.com/art/a/t/atheu ... -Theus.jpg

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/ ... livion.jpg

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/ ... 5tihgw.jpg

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/ ... 59bsub.jpg

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/ ... 5ldvg3.jpg

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/ ... 5ckyva.jpg

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/ ... 4uy077.jpg

hmm...

Could translate well into Metroid or something ancient Japanese styled game. Those wouldn't translate well into something like Star Fox, F-Zero or Donkey Kong.

And if 3D Mario is coming this year, which I think it is, it'll be called Super Mario HD Land.
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

Postby ddddd » 02 Feb 2013 23:02

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=511416

This guy suggest MonolithSoft is already preparing for their next title after "X" and are recruiting people for it, with preference for those experienced in HD development (so this is not about their secret upcoming 3DS game)
ddddd
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby KingBroly » 02 Feb 2013 23:41

That would suggest that X is actually really close to releasing, wouldn't it?
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

Postby CrispyGoomba » 03 Feb 2013 01:02

So that would make it 3 games that they are working on now? X, secret 3DS game, and now a new HD game. I honestly wouldn't mind if it was a HD remake of the Xenosaga or a new game entirely.

KingBroly wrote:That would suggest that X is actually really close to releasing, wouldn't it?

Hope so.
CrispyGoomba
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

NN ID: CrispyGoomba
3DS: 0688-5315-1722
Wii: 1198-2138-8210-1532
XBL: CrispyGoomba

Postby J0RdAnN » 03 Feb 2013 01:10

CrispyGoomba wrote:So that would make it 3 games that they are working on now? X, secret 3DS game, and now a new HD game. I honestly wouldn't mind if it was a HD remake of the Xenosaga or a new game entirely.

KingBroly wrote:That would suggest that X is actually really close to releasing, wouldn't it?

Hope so.

Xeno saga is still owned by Square.
Trying to collect all Vivillon in Y/X. Please PM me you have any of the patterns listed below and are willing to trade them.
Icy Snow, Tundra, Archipelago, High Plains, Sandstorm, River, Monsoon, Ocean, Savannah, Jungle
J0RdAnN
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Lemjor10
3DS: 2921-9232-5448

Postby Broken_Cartridge » 03 Feb 2013 01:28

J0RdAnN wrote:
CrispyGoomba wrote:So that would make it 3 games that they are working on now? X, secret 3DS game, and now a new HD game. I honestly wouldn't mind if it was a HD remake of the Xenosaga or a new game entirely.

Hope so.

Doesn't Monlith own the rights to it? They made a DS game.
Broken_Cartridge
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Broken_Cartridge
PSN: Stephen5543

Postby Berrix » 03 Feb 2013 02:05

KingBroly wrote:hmm...

Could translate well into Metroid or something ancient Japanese styled game. Those wouldn't translate well into something like Star Fox, F-Zero or Donkey Kong.

And if 3D Mario is coming this year, which I think it is, it'll be called Super Mario HD Land.

Not necessarily, as she did work on the creature concepts for Darksiders series as well for Vigil. Though her personal work would suggest otherwise, means next to nothing if she can do some techy stuff as well.

FadedAreWii wrote:Have you played Sin and Punishment 2 on Wii? It's practically a Star Fox game.

On-rails games doesn't mean they're the same, "practically" doesn't cut it for Star Fox fans, even they wouldn't buy into that. Though it was still an awesome game, that's like saying Facebreaker is practically Punch-Out!!.
Berrix
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby gtt » 03 Feb 2013 15:15

J0RdAnN wrote:

Hope so.

why would square own a namco published game?

Square published xenogears.

It's not something that couldn't be worked out if they wanted to do call backs or a sequel. nintendo has good relations with both square and namco.
gtt
Kwisatz Haderach

NN ID: supergtt
3DS: 3394-3550-1815

Postby FadedAreWii » 03 Feb 2013 17:32

Berrix wrote:
FadedAreWii wrote:Have you played Sin and Punishment 2 on Wii? It's practically a Star Fox game.

On-rails games doesn't mean they're the same, "practically" doesn't cut it for Star Fox fans, even they wouldn't buy into that. Though it was still an awesome game, that's like saying Facebreaker is practically Punch-Out!!.

My point is that it's close enough to show that they could very likely pull off a Star Fox game. I'm not sure what point you thought I was making, but they are definitely more than qualified to take on a Star Fox game. Also, I think Sin and Punishment 2 is much closer to Star Fox than Facebreaker to Punch-out. For me, Sin and Punishment was close enough to SF that it easily filled the gap of not having a Star Fox, and that seemed to be the popular opinion as well. Obviously, no, it's not an exact Star Fox clone.
Skyward
FadedAreWii
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby J0RdAnN » 03 Feb 2013 18:28

Ugh I get all my "Xeno's" mixed up. either way I don't think Nintendo has rights to any of them other then XenoBlade.
Trying to collect all Vivillon in Y/X. Please PM me you have any of the patterns listed below and are willing to trade them.
Icy Snow, Tundra, Archipelago, High Plains, Sandstorm, River, Monsoon, Ocean, Savannah, Jungle
J0RdAnN
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Lemjor10
3DS: 2921-9232-5448

Postby Berrix » 04 Feb 2013 01:55

FadedAreWii wrote:My point is that it's close enough to show that they could very likely pull off a Star Fox game. I'm not sure what point you thought I was making, but they are definitely more than qualified to take on a Star Fox game. Also, I think Sin and Punishment 2 is much closer to Star Fox than Facebreaker to Punch-out. For me, Sin and Punishment was close enough to SF that it easily filled the gap of not having a Star Fox, and that seemed to be the popular opinion as well. Obviously, no, it's not an exact Star Fox clone.

I came under the impression you were talking about that S&P2 was good to sate a Star Fox fan, I was just using the example that a fan of that game wouldn't see it that way. But as I said earlier, I would have bets that they would make an amazing game for Star Fox, Ikaruga taught me that much.
Berrix
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby ddddd » 06 Feb 2013 21:03

Am I crazy to thing the miiverse changes arent bad? People are quite angry over there. :?
ddddd
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby Triforce of the Gods » 06 Feb 2013 21:25

I would have prefered the option to unsubscribe from threads instead of only being notified when the OP comments and I don't get the logic behind limiting posts, but they're not the end of the world.
Triforce of the Gods
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

NN ID: TriforceoftheGod
3DS: 2921-9263-7348
Steam ID: TriforceoftheGods
PSN: TriforceoftheGod

Postby KoopaStomper27 » 07 Feb 2013 00:45

Changes don't bother me one bit, but that's me. I VERY RARELY post something new within 5 minutes after a post, and that rule doesn't affect commenting on posts, so I'm fine with that.
To all 3DS and Wii U users; Hit me up with a request so we can be friends!! :D
KoopaStomper27
Goomba
Goomba

NN ID: KoopaStomper27
3DS: 146164029432
Wii: 3337667015076641
XBL: MatthewKing1985

Postby ddddd » 09 Feb 2013 15:06

ddddd
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby Triforce of the Gods » 09 Feb 2013 15:12

So third parties assumed the PS3 would pick up over time like it did, but now they just want to assume Wii U will stay this way forever? Da faq? Looks like third parties will continue to give Nintendo the middle finger no matter how much ass kissing they do.
Triforce of the Gods
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

NN ID: TriforceoftheGod
3DS: 2921-9263-7348
Steam ID: TriforceoftheGods
PSN: TriforceoftheGod

PreviousNext

Return to WiiU / Wii