GoNintendo Podcast Questions

Questions for the staff, comments or other info relating to our beloved podcast? We will do our best to keep up with what you guys have to say. All guests welcome here :)

GoNintendo Podcast Questions

Postby cortjezter » 29 Jun 2006 16:49

You want to ask the podcast crew a question? Here's your chance...post here to have your questions answered "live" on the podcast!

• If this thread is locked, please jot yourself a note and keep checking back. It will re-open when there are only a couple posts left, and will remain open until we have about 15 posts with questions.
  • Thread will typically re-open around a live-stream event, so if there are only a few posts left in the thread during a podcast recording, it will likely be re-opened and announced in the chat room.
  • Please limit yourself to 2-3 questions, not a long list... lots of people also want to ask something, so it's only fair to allow others in line a chance too. If you want to add lots of other text, adjust the number of questions you ask accordingly. Questions are answered in the order received, and only a few per episode.
  • Editing of questions must be done through a moderator; you cannot edit your own. Be sure to double check your question hasn't already been asked, or your question could be removed from the queue.

Thanks for the participation...we all look forward to your questions and the crew's eventual crazy answers!
Last edited by cortjezter on 29 Apr 2007 11:41, edited 4 times in total.
cortjezter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Steam ID: cortjezter
Wii: 4659 4316 9119 3027
PSN: cortjezter
XBL: cortjezter

Re: GoNintendo Podcast Questions

Postby KevinPDZ » 23 Jan 2014 00:08

Hey GoNintendo Crew,

KevinPDZ here with my first questions for you guys. I've been a long time podcast listener. I'm currently in graduate school, so your podcasts make my 45 minute commutes much better. If you don't mind, I'd like to interrogate you for answers about life's greatest questions.

Metroid Prime was my first Metroid game ever. GameStop recommended it to me and I purchased it for $30. I loved the FPS view in this excellent adventure title about discovery among an isolated world. It got me into the franchise, so I've loved it ever since.

Here's the part where I interrogate you. Get ready.

1. Which Metroid game is your favorite and why?

2. I'd like for Nintendo to make a Metroid side-scroller for the 3DS, similar with how they took the concept of Link between Worlds and redid that with new gameplay twists. I also hope for a FPS HD Metroid on Wii U. What do you want to see in a Metroid game on 3DS and / or Wii U?

3. I currently do not own a Wii U. Wii U is the only Nintendo console I have never purchased. However, I'd like to purchase one, but I'm waiting for the right game, and some games that truly show the reason why I should have a tablet controller. As much as I love how Mario Kart 8 looks so far, I'm still waiting for Metroid, F-Zero, Zelda HD, etc. Do you think Retro Studios will work on a HD Metroid for Wii U after the release of Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze? Why or why not?
KevinPDZ
Fairy
Fairy

Postby link601 » 28 Jan 2014 10:12

Hey podcast crew! I have a few random questions for you guys!

1) Do you think it would be a cool idea for a Samus armor set to be included as DLC in a future Monster Hunter game? The special quest could be to hunt some monsters that are similar to creatures from Metroid in looks or behavior (gigginox as a metroid for example), then the gunner version of the armor could be Samus’ suit (with a bowgun that looks like her arm canon). The blademaster version could be similar to another bounty hunter from that universe.

2) A long time ago while I was an undergrad at university, my gamecube was on the floor in my apartment while I was travelling and the place flooded. My ‘cube sat in 2 inches of water for a week! When I got back, I vowed that if it worked after I dried it out, I’d only ever buy Nintendo systems. It worked and still works to this day. Have any of you ever had any really frightening situations like that, and have you made crazy promises because of it (I stuck to my vow so far by the way)?
link601
Fairy
Fairy

NN ID: Araris_Valerian
Steam ID: dcbbrowne

Postby sergioalb64 » 29 Jan 2014 02:19

Hello crew! Like I said, I was keeping tab of GoNintendo Podcast quotes / trivia to inquire about their origins, so here we go; big list! Please tell us where these are from:

- I want to be the CENTER! of ATTENTION!!!
- Gotcha Danny (mostly said by Kirby and RMC)
- Heheheheh, KNITTING!
- Eh it's pretty good I guess (said quickly, mostly by RMC)
- Not me, no way (deep voice)
- Gargoyles!? Demons!? Ungodly!
- I'm in your face (often followed by a 'last resort'; this one cracks me up like a whip)
- None of you! (often said by Deux Michaels)
- Who wrote it!?

Niiice; it's good to know.

Sorry to drag, have one last quick hilarious story. We all remember Kirby's mom asking him if he is going to 'do pod' or a 'piecast'; well, I may win this one. My mom often asks me if I'm listening to my 'polkas'. Yep. Polkas. Now I can't get the image of RMC wearing a Scottish kilt playing the bagpipes. Please send me the YouTube link :)

You guys are the best; thanks and hugs to all!
[=[_]=]
[+[_]+]
THE NUMBER ONE NINTENDO DS FAN
sergioalb64
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

Postby Al Sleet » 06 Feb 2014 21:45

Hello, Piecast crew!

I've been reading the site and listening to the podcast for many years. I still remember when I sent in a congratulatory email for the 200th podcast, where RMC promptly told me to kill myself. Good times. Anyway, I think it's high time I ask my very first questium!

Since you've had Raw Mom on the show before, how about we get some Raw Dad action going? If all the stories of him over years are any indication, having him on the show would be incredibly hilarious or a complete train wreck. Either way, it would make for some damn fine podcasting. Plus, he could regale us all about that one time he went "strike crazy".

Now I'll leave you with Al Sleet's rumor of the week. In the olden days of podcast history, a certain GoNintendo crew member would share wonderful rumors with us listeners. This man was obviously in the know, because every rumor was spot on. Every. Single. One. So in his honor, I have a rumor for all of you. Now this one's not really a rumor, it's actually true. I was talking to Miyamoto the other day, and he told me that Deux Michaels would someday make a glorious return to Pod. I think we're all eagerly anticipating that day.

So long for now!
Al Sleet
Al Sleet
Fairy
Fairy

NN ID: Al_Sleet

Postby Jaing » 07 Feb 2014 20:00

Hi Podcast Crew.

First off, I love the show! I look forward to it each and every week! Thanks for all you do.

Anyways, I have two questions, and I sincerely apologize if you've been asked these before.

1.) What are your top 5 favorite games of all time? (any platform, any publisher)

2.) While Nintendo publishes Dragon Quest games, most of which we don't get in the West. Do you think a Nintendo platform will ever get a proper Final Fantasy game ever again? I mean a true numbered sequel, not just a random spinoff, i.e. Crystal Chronicles.

Thanks again, have a great day!
Jaing
Fairy
Fairy

Postby HULK » 11 Feb 2014 11:39

These questions may seem strange to you. Hopefully I'm not the only one who does this.

Have you ever continued to play a crappy game, even after you found out it was crappy?
Have you ever been so frustrated with a game's bad design that you took it as your personal crusade to play through, purely out of spite? (i.e. to prove to yourself that the game wasn't completely broken and could be beaten) For me that game was Blaster Master Overdrive, but eventually it got the best of me because I gave up.

Sincerely,
curbles
NNID: curbles
twitter: @curbles
HULK
Chocobo
Chocobo

NN ID: curbles

Postby Luigi182 » 09 Mar 2014 21:30

Greetings and salutations, Rmc and friends! Hope you guys are finally getting to see some warm weather as you read this. This winter has lasted way too darn long, stupid Groundhog!

So yeah, more Questium goodness for all:

1.) Imagine that Chief Arino suddenly appeared at your door during the podcast and challenged you guys to successfully clear a challenge from a retro game. What do you think the Retro Game Challenge for the GoNintendo crew would be?

2.) I find myself sometimes having to take a break from the internet just to get away from all the negative Nintendo opinions at times, particularly on bad news weeks. I can only imagine running a site like GoNintendo (and now GoingSony) and the wear and exhaustion it can put on on person. My question to you, Rmc, is how do you do it?

3.) Chicken of Fish?

Long live GoNintendo! Keep up the good work, Rmc! You are the man!
Luigi182
Goomba
Goomba

NN ID: Luigi182
PSN: Luigi182

Postby OctoG123 » 19 Mar 2014 00:26

Hey RMC how come you always say its ok to like something after saying you hate it? Are you scared someone will be offended and try to lynch you? Theres nothing to fear RMC, only fools get offended by things on the internet.

Also on a totally unrelated note, what is everyones most frightening experience?
You're too slow!
OctoG123
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Nintendoughboy » 04 Apr 2014 21:25

RMC and podcast crew!!!

Straaaaaaaaaaaaaight to the question!!!!

What is everyone's favorite item from the Zelda franchise???

Keep crushin' it - can't wait for E3!!!
Nintendoughboy
Fairy
Fairy

Postby Al Sleet » 07 Apr 2014 19:13

Hello to all you sweet podcast hens. Al Sleet here, the number one fan of the official GoNintendo Pod-cat Comanche. Give 'em hell, Manche! Anyway, on to the obligatory silly question. As a long time listener of the podcast, I've always been curious about something related to Kirby. Not the game character, but the awesome podcast member. So Kirby, I've always been curious about how you got your name. How'd you get the name "Grant"?

And to make up for that inane question, I'll leave you with another Al Sleet rumor of the week. Now unlike my last rumor, this one is actually true, and it comes from what more reliable source than Miyamoto himself. I was talking to him on the phone the other day, and he was telling me that all the running that Mombrain has been doing lately has really been training for the 2016 Olympics, where she will be competing for the USA in the 100 meter dash and, a soon to be added event, power napping. She will compete under the name "Flapjack". Griddles will be greased.

Until next time,
Al Sleet
Al Sleet
Fairy
Fairy

NN ID: Al_Sleet

Postby jakeoti » 22 Apr 2014 14:00

With NES Remix 2 featuring a lot of "play this level from this franchise with a character from another franchise" remixes, I am curious if we'll see Nintendo mix up more of their characters besides Smash Bros.. If they did do another "Nintendo All-Stars" style game besides Smash Bros., what type of game would you like to see it be? (For me personally, I would love a turn-based strategy in the vein of Fire Emblem).
jakeoti
Fairy
Fairy

Return to GN Podcast