The 'What are you Playing?' Thread

Discussion not specific to any of the platforms (which have their own forums).

Re: The 'What are you Playing?' Thread

Postby Adamant Ditto » 21 Nov 2011 00:57

I'm playing through Sonic Heroes again so I can review it for my on going Sonic 20th Anniversary review series. Too bad my GCN memory card corrupted earlier this year and I now have to play through this blah game. Guess I brought it upon myself.
Adamant Ditto
Goomba
Goomba

Postby thresholdXCI » 21 Nov 2011 09:11

Just finished Uncharted 3 the other day. Loved it, although it was very much more of the same from Uncharted 2. The set-pieces were as spectacular as you'd expect, and the story was as full of character as always. Trying my hand at the competitive online at the moment. Getting destroyed more or less all the time, but it's pretty fun! Probably go back through the single-player one more time and gleam some more trophies before I'm finished with it.
thresholdXCI
Site Mod
Site Mod

Wii: 4073 2409 9869 0324
PSN: jw_XCI

Postby hellfire888 » 26 Nov 2011 13:36

playing DKCR and loving it.. my son is playing MP3 without any help
hellfire888
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Sgt_Hartman
PSN: Sgt_Hartman30
XBL: Sgt Hartman30

Postby pummy84 » 08 Dec 2011 13:09

So I just completed Uncharted 3. Great game, though I don't think it was the best of the bunch. Now I'm in a pickle. I still got Kirby's Return to Dreamland, Professor Layton and the Last Specter, Ratchet All 4 One, Borderlands, and Assassin's Creed Revelations to play, but thanks to some great clearance deals at Target and Gamestop's B2G1 used sale after Thanksgiving, I now have Red Dead Redemption, the complete editions of GTAIV (snagged for $17) and L.A. Noire (snagged for $11.98), Ultimate MvC3, the special edition of Little Big Planet 2, and Dead Rising 2: Off the Record. So the question on my mind is.... what should I play next?

Do note that I am saving Layton for later this month when I will be on an 8 day cruise.
pummy84
Octorok
Octorok

NN ID: pummy84
3DS: 4682-8453-7375
PSN: Amasno
XBL: Amasno

Postby HylianTom » 26 Dec 2011 19:48

I began playing through all of the Zelda console series in early November, and as of last night, I have finished Four Swords Adventures.

After the football game tonight, I finally get to start Twilight Princess, which I have not played in three years. I've forgotten a lot about the game - espcially when compared to other Zelda games, which I usually play over and over again - so this will be almost like playing a new game. Should be interesting to see how much I enjoy it, especially with Wind Waker and Ocarina being so fresh on my mind for comparison.

Since I have some major time off this week, I should, be ringing-in the new year with Skyward Sword. It's been all sorts of unholy hell to avoid spoilers and temptation to peek at information/screenshots/videos from this game, but I've been overwhelmingly successful thus far..
Currently on: GoNintendo Webisode #354 ... Currently playing: Nothing! E3 Mode!
{I love you, my Jake!}
HylianTom
Flicky
Flicky

Postby Zidane » 31 Dec 2011 21:21

Currently playing Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Rocket Raccoon is actually really awesome.
Zidane
Ridley
Ridley

Wii: 4273 3412 0975 1378
PSN: FlufflesWrath
XBL: FlufflesWrath

Postby Da_RaY » 03 Jan 2012 03:30

Just finished Skyward Sword this afternoon! And then finally got a ps3 over the weekend as well. So playing thru MW3 and started co-op Portal 2 with my wife.
Add me and i'll add you.
PM me if you do.
Brawl code: 4253 3144 4737
3DS: in profile
Da_RaY
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

NN ID: RayU84
3DS: 3093 7098 3881
Wii: 5930 7578 1493 1070
PSN: RayU84

Postby thresholdXCI » 03 Jan 2012 16:10

I'm playing Skyward Sword and Rayman Origins at the moment. Skyward Sword is brilliant, as I'm sure most of you have already found out. As for Rayman, it's perhaps inevitable that it got buried underneath Uncharted, Skyrim and Zelda but it's a shame because the game is sublime. One of the best 2D platformers out there, and in 1080p it's a treat to look at.
thresholdXCI
Site Mod
Site Mod

Wii: 4073 2409 9869 0324
PSN: jw_XCI

Postby vinniebrock » 06 Jan 2012 23:52

Been putting a lot of time into Skyward Sword. Woot. I've also been playing some Dead Island (ps3), which is dangerously addictive.
Last edited by vinniebrock on 16 Jan 2012 23:17, edited 2 times in total.
Back from unexpected hiatus
vinniebrock
Octorok
Octorok

NN ID: Vinnom
3DS: 5284 1410 9454
Wii: 4206 2479 1494 2053
PSN: Vinnie_Brock

Postby KingBroly » 07 Jan 2012 06:41

Mario Kart 7 - I tried getting 3-stars in 150cc Mushroom Cup, but the game still cheats like MKW, and it has been deemed unplayable by me. I went online and it's immediately more enjoyable. I've won 2 of the last 4 races I've played, and have placed no lower than 4th.

Gears of War 3 - I got the Weekend Event Ribbon, and I've gotten 2 more Onyx Medals over the past week. I also read about the new DLC and achievements for it...not fun.

Bit.Trip.Complete
Runner - I've gotten to World 2, difficult game
Beat - Uh...this is impossible. RAGEQUITS

LittleBigPlanet 2 - I've put a couple of hours into it, more creating and playing community levels than playing story levels.

Pushmo - I finally got over a hump and proceeded to complete the next 15 puzzles with ease, and I'm now stuck deep in the Nintendo Murals.

Skyrim - Completed 2 story quests, and got 5 or 6 achievements. I'm 2 more quests away from beating it, too.
Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention
My Alternate Account is Cortjezter
I write things here from time to time
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

NN ID: KingBroly
3DS: 3351-4164-6416
Steam ID: KingBroly
Wii: 8135-0917-9758-1594
PSN: KingBroly
XBL: KingBroly

Postby Koopzilla » 07 Jan 2012 06:57

I finally started Skyward Sword today. Only about 2 hours in.

Also playing lots of Mario Kart 7 since Christmas, finally reached 3 stars. Done a little online racing, not much because my router at home will not let me play it (even though it works fine for everything else that uses internet on the 3DS).

Play Pushmo here and there, kinda stuck right now though.

Also playing Sonic Generations a little.

Also been playing OkamiDen, not much in the last week and a half though.
Koopzilla
Nintendo Power Player

NN ID: Koopzilla
3DS: 2793-0595-9972

Postby HylianTom » 09 Jan 2012 01:10

Okay.. a bit later than I thought it would happen, but I finally finished Twilight Princess this weekend. I have four days off of work this upcoming week, so I'll finally finally finally be able to begin Skyward Sword. I work Monday, watch the BCS game, take a small nap, and hit the skies!

This is a personal record for me. Never before have I ever waited so long after a Zelda game's release to play the game - and never again will I ever wait so long. I didn't fully enjoy my Zeldathon because the knowledge that Skyward Sword was waiting for me overshadowed every gaming session..

1/12/12 update: I'm finally playing Skyward Sword.. sooo goooood. Being stuck at work for 12 hours today is absolute agony!
{I love you, my Jake!}
HylianTom
Flicky
Flicky

Postby vinniebrock » 13 Jan 2012 23:13

Picked up MGS HD Collection with some Christmas money, starting with 2. Still awesome. Died during first mission, am embarrassed.
vinniebrock
Octorok
Octorok

Postby HylianTom » 20 Jan 2012 23:19

I told a friend where I am in the game, and he says I'm about 3/4ths through Skyward Sword.

Just played through the
Spoiler:
SandShip

.. but what I really, really adored was the boss of the
Spoiler:
Amcient Cistern

..it was easily my favorite boss since Molgera in Wind Waker.
(I think the orchestrated music blasting around me in surround sound also had something to do with it.. so gloriously epic! :) )
{I love you, my Jake!}
HylianTom
Flicky
Flicky

Postby MasterofMonster » 21 Jan 2012 09:29

Is now playing Skyrim, Fear 2, Mario Kart 7, and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Phew~
MasterofMonster
Pikachu
Pikachu

Postby KingBroly » 28 Jan 2012 09:37

Assassin's Creed: Revelations
- Trying to mop up a few Single Player Trophies before tackling Multiplayer and the inevitable Platinum Trophy.

Gears of War 3
- The slow trudge towards Seriously 3.0 wages forever forward

Ocarina of Time 3D
- Picked up Master Quest again. Going to see how it fares.
Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention
My Alternate Account is Cortjezter
I write things here from time to time
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

NN ID: KingBroly
3DS: 3351-4164-6416
Steam ID: KingBroly
Wii: 8135-0917-9758-1594
PSN: KingBroly
XBL: KingBroly

Postby MAGNUS-8M » 28 Jan 2012 23:01

Majora's Mask: Got it free from Club Nintendo; finished most of the basic non-sidequest stuff up to getting the hookshot. Already had a few small sidequests done, but went back and got some more done, especially getting the two Spider Houses cleared. Next time, probably race the beavers and do my most hated Zelda-water-dungeon...whiiiich is why I'm currently putting it off.

Minecraft: For whatever reason, finally found some time to play around again. Trying to get all wool colors since sheep now regrow their wool, but for once I just can't find a desert biome for cactus, and I haven't found any lapis or cocoa beans yet, so I'm quite a bit short at the moment. And I didn't want to explore that world yet until 1.2 finally releases with Jungles. I hate to think I'd start a new world all over again because I'm kind of liking the grass plains I spawned in, and I just finally gathered all animal types and got up a nice supply of wood and food.

Super Swing Golf, Season 2(Pangya Golf, Albatross 18, but for Wii): This is STILL my favorite golf game for Wii, no joke. I actually traded this game into Gamestop to get Tiger Woods 10 with the (then)new WM+ accessory. I then traded both TW10 and the WM+ accessory and got this game back. Personally, I think the general anime world/presentation and characters suit the Wii's graphical strengths better than attempting to do muddy-realistic real-life people, which somehow looks worse than it did on previous Gamecube TW games. Secondly, I like the more fantasy-based courses over the real-life courses, the selection of unique and interesting clothing, the more fantasy-esque music, the SMB3-like world-maps...it's really fun and interesting to me. As for the motion-controls, I think they work very well for not-being-WM+, once you know the sweet spot to swing in anyway. I've never played the game once with button controls, and I'm able to get a perfect-swing "Pangya" almost every time.

Currently, trying to unlock Kooh as well as finally beat the game(since I hadn't beaten it when I traded it in the first time). I've put this game off for SO long though... maybe a year since I last played, and it's been almost two years since I bought it back.

Super Mario 3D Land: Finally was able to afford it, but now I feel like it's way too easy for the most part, so I've gone down to playing just one level a day, if that. I mostly like the game, but sometimes it feels like the circle pad isn't pushing the way I want it to, and other times I REALLY wish the levels were large reusable 'areas' rather than straightforward one-time-run-through levels.

I NEED to get back to finishing MH3 and fully-completing SMG2...it's been almost two years and I still haven't yet. For MH3 I still need to trap a dragon and finish the actually-kill-the-main-boss main quest, and then afterwards do all the side stuff. Wish I'd had someone I knew iRL to do the online with, I pretty much never touched it. For SMG2, I just got tired trying to collect all those star bits, and just slowly put it off more and more. I haven't even gotten into the green-star stuff, which I've mostly kept away from learning too much about, except that most people seem to hate it, so I'm not even looking forward to it at the moment.
MAGNUS-8M
Toad
Toad

NN ID: MAGNUS-8M
3DS: 5241-2075-2337

Postby Zidane » 31 Jan 2012 01:42

I've been playing a lot of Street Fighter 3 Third Strike on my Dreamcast recently. That game is still the most hardcore in the Street Fighter franchise.
Zidane
Ridley
Ridley

Wii: 4273 3412 0975 1378
PSN: FlufflesWrath
XBL: FlufflesWrath

Postby Ngamer01 » 03 Feb 2012 16:17

Haven't posted in awhile. I'm starting Sakura Samurai (3DS eShop), now working 150cc in Mario Kart 7, and I play a few other games mainly when I feel like playing something else for a short while.
Ngamer01
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

NN ID: Ngamer01
3DS: 403861748183

Postby HylianTom » 03 Feb 2012 20:14

Finished Skyward Sword (finally) and will be beginning Hero Mode next week. It's been non-stop Zelda gaming since the 1st of November - I've beaten every home console game in the series between then and now. The funny thing is, I'm not quite tired of the series yet.. :D
{I love you, my Jake!}
HylianTom
Flicky
Flicky

Postby vinniebrock » 03 Feb 2012 22:40

HylianTom wrote:Finished Skyward Sword (finally) and will be beginning Hero Mode next week. It's been non-stop Zelda gaming since the 1st of November - I've beaten every home console game in the series between then and now.

:shock:

Just when I was getting into the MGS Collection... my brother borrowed it. So I've hopped back into Skyward Sword, which just continues to impress. Also been playing more Monster Hunter Tri & Dead Island. I always seem to be playing one or the other...

I've put in a little time with the Starhawk & Gotham City Imposters beta(s) as well. Haven't played much, but really impressed by both so far.
vinniebrock
Octorok
Octorok

Postby Muigi » 10 Feb 2012 16:29

Soul Calibur V. I've been abusing the character creator ever since it launched. The story mode may be crap, but the creator is A+ stuff.
Muigi
Chocobo
Chocobo

XBL: Muigi01

Postby HylianTom » 11 Feb 2012 15:44

I think Hero Mode might have to wait a bit. This is where my media blackout on this game has burned me a bit. Oh well.

Back when I played my favorite boss in the game, I made an extra save in the third slot so that I could replay it over and over again at any time (this was before I knew about Boss Rush mode). When I beat the game in my first save slot, I hit "Bring it on!" to convert the slot over to a Hero Mode slot.. but then quickly realized that I can't copy the Hero Mode status over to another file slot.

So, I started the game from where I saved before that boss so that I could keep the save file right before the final boss. This will enable me to start from Hero Mode in the future whenever I want.
(I also have to re-farm bugs and treasures for my Hero Mode starts. 75 of each item should be enough for upgrades, and enough for selling surplus collection items for fundraising).

In the meantime, the YouTube videos I've seen of Rhythm Heaven Fever have me sold. So Hero Mode will now have to compete with RHF for my gaming time. The good thing about this? I have another weekend away from the hospital starting on Monday night. :D
{I love you, my Jake!}
HylianTom
Flicky
Flicky

Postby InvalidRobot » 17 Feb 2012 21:07

3DS:
Super Mario land 3d
Mario Kart 7

Xbox 360:
Shank 2
Might and magic: clash of heroes
Gears of war 3
Rayman Origins
Swarm
The Simpsons Acrade

PS3:
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One & A Crank in Time
Resistance 3

iOS:
Hero academy
Groove coaster
Dead space
Toki Tori
Sonic CD
Lost Winds
World of goo
Spy mouse
Damn, still talking out loud
InvalidRobot
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

NN ID: InvalidRobot
3DS: 545601875090
Steam ID: InvalidRobot
PSN: InvalidRobot
XBL: InvalidRobot

Postby vinniebrock » 21 Feb 2012 00:17

Just bought Mighty Switch Force. Looks amazing in 3D. Haven't played much, but I think it's going to be my favorite WayForward game. It's a shame it's so short, but it's probably worth $6.

EDIT: Also, dat soundtrack.
vinniebrock
Octorok
Octorok

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming