E3 2012 Nintendo predictions

Discussion not specific to any of the platforms (which have their own forums).

Postby motherbra1n » 04 Jan 2012 17:17

it's never too early for this is it? I'll keep changing my predictions as time goes by and depending on how I feel.

more or less Inevitable:
Call Of duty 8 (or is it 9, I've lost count) will be on the Wii U and 3DS

very likely:
The Wii-u controller is given a few changes but will still look very similar to how it looks now.
All ps360 ports on the Wii U are launch titles with very little to no extra content (and third parties will blame everyone apart from themselves when the year old ports fail in the market but that's for another topic)
a mario game for the wii-u is confirmed or revealed (CONFIRMED BITCHES! I AM PSYCHIC!!! :twisted: )
Medal of Honour Warfighter Wii U version confirmed
The Wii U will support 2 tablet controllers
Assassins creed will get a crappy spin off on the 3DS
no more nintendo/wii u points
Dead Space 3 is confirmed to be on the Wii U
Sonic racing Wii U release confirmed
Splinter Cell for Wii U announced
Retro Studios reveal their Wii U game (if this does not happen I will kill someone)

likely:
wii u has some sort of achievements system (which I will most likely ignore)
the 3DS lite (or whatever they'll call it) will be unveiled
nintendo confirms app store like e-shop rumours
Dragon age 3 Wii U release confirmed

being optimistic:
GTA5 will also be on the Wii U
Valve or any other third part developer that usually does not even consider making games for nintendo platforms announce a game for the wii u/announce that they will support it
Miyamoto's game is revealed
Aliens Colonial Marines is a timed Wii U exclusive

being optimistic to the point of foolishness:
a teaser trailer for super smash bros wii u is shown
GTA5 is a timed exclusive for the Wii U
an F-Zero game is announced
Zelda 3DS is unveiled
the Wii U is truly a next gen machine that will be able to run most multiplatform ps4/xbox720 titles when the time comes
Bethesda announces that Fallout 4 will also be on the Wii U

dreading:
The Wii U lineup suggests that it will become nothing but a current gen port machine that will inevitably die when the ps4/720 come out
generally underwhelming lineup of Wii U games
miyamotos game to be aimed almost specifically at casual gamers (like wii music)

that's all I can think of for now.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HAPPEN:
metroid Wii U
F-Zero Wii U
cross game voice chat
wireless classic controller with circle clickable analog sticks and maybe analog triggers (the latter isn't so important to me)
Good lineup of third party games that won't be on the ps3/360

I'm seriously worried about metroid and f-zero, they cannot kill those two franchises they are too damn good!!! Screw you miyamoto, I don't care if you don't like f zero, the rest of us love it!

and just for fun I'll add one more

inevitable
microsoft will open the show with gameplay footage from the next call of duty or Halo 4 (I'd say call of duty is more likely)
Last edited by motherbra1n on 01 Jun 2012 17:54, edited 10 times in total.
motherbra1n
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Re: E3 2012 Nintendo predictions

Postby HylianTom » 04 Jan 2012 20:22

Here we go!
- Wii U takes center stage at Nintendo's conference. At least half of the hour is demonstration of the controller's various features. The next Mario title is unveiled and featured heavily during this time. It looks and plays beautifully, and it is revealed to be the pack-in game for the system. Wild applause ensues.
- Mainstream gaming media decry Wii U as "barely more than a souped-up 360," among other things. One evening after a day of E3 events, bloggers and journalists have a roundtable discussion on their megawebsite tearing into it and openly pleasuring themselves at the idea of Nintendo going third-party. After climax of their "discussion," they declare Microsoft and Sony to be the "Co-Winners of E3." Nokia, despite having no presence at the show, gets an Honorable Mention.
- Nintendo enthusiast journalists and bloggers get hands-on time with the Wii U, and they love it, reveling in its unique controls and HD graphics. In contrast with mainstream journalists, some openly wonder if gamers truly need enough processing power to see each individual hair on a troll's buttocks as they are driving a pike through its abdomen.
- Lines to play Wii U are the longest since the Great Wii Stampede of 2006.
- Mainstream gaming journalists witness these lines, shake their heads in bewilderment, sneer, and turn their attention to Dudebro Shooter #1547 and Gangsta Boobs-n-Blood 29: Ridin' Dirty. Months later, they cluelessly wonder why their readership levels continue to decline.
- Pikmin 3 is revealed as a Launch Day title for the Wii U. It looks incredible and plays well, too.
- The next installment of the Metroid series is briefly introduced. The Wii U controller alternates in functioning as a map, inventory, and motion-controlled handheld x-ray/thermal scanning device. The player is able to hold the tablet up and move around his/her living room, scanning the game's world for hidden features, enemies, and items.
- A very colorful, well-assembled third party adventure RPG (in the vein of Crystal Chronicles or a Chocobo title) is shown-off.
- Nintendo announces a timed exclusive of at least one jRPG that sells very well in Japan, and so-so everywhere else.
- Two or three ports from the PS360 era are announced. They are decent games for those who have not played them, they contain no extras, and minimal effort is put into adapting them to the Wii U controller.
- Another port from the PS360 era is announced, but it soon becomes evident that actual effort is made to adapt it to the Wii U's features. It garners a respectable amount of buzz among Nintendo fans. (previous example: RE4: Wii Edition)
- Nintendo shares the stage with a third party developer to demonstrate an action game that they have teamed-up on. The game blends elements and art styles of No More Heroes and MadWorld. Everyone agrees: the title holds promise. There is notable hype for the title by the end of E3.
- Nintendo spends 10 minutes unveiling its next piece of software aimed at the blue ocean demographic. Half of the audience will fall asleep. The other half spends this time sending penis sketches to each other on their 3DSes.
- The next iteration of the 3DS is unveiled. It is nice, but not world-shattering.. which is kinda perfect, since Nintendo will not want the thunder stolen from the Wii U's debut.
- We are shown a slightly-more-than-brief glimpse of the next portable Zelda title, done in the artistic style of Skyward Sword.

That's all I can think of for now! Cheers!
Currently on: GoNintendo Webisode #354 ... Currently playing: Nothing! E3 Mode!
{I love you, my Jake!}
HylianTom
Flicky
Flicky

Postby gtt » 05 Jan 2012 02:02

Likely -
  • So many ports.
  • A bunch of developers make nebulous statements that gets fans all excited, but nothing will ever come of them.
  • NoA disappoints us in at least 3 ways. Then surprises us pleasantly in 2.
  • Pikmin 3 is playable.
  • Zelda/Mario U trailers.
  • Nintendo tries to get on the tablet/mobile app bandwagon. Doesn't quite understand what they are doing with it, and it will show.
  • New IP that will look amazing.
  • Something from retro that will look and be amazing.
  • Metroid and Fzero are absent
  • All those things from 2011 e3 that "weren't games, just experiences to show off the controller" are in fact games, and are built into the system.
  • NSMB U is a launch title. It doesn't have online multiplayer. everyone goes "wtf" at that.

Unlikely-
  • The WiiU hardware will be comparable to the next Xbox/PS4. Just not gonna happen.
  • Serious 3rd party support beyond easy ports.
  • Real online of at least PSN level.
  • Any meaningful improvement on how they handle the digital space.

I would need to change my pants for-
  • Steam on the WiiU. Valve running the online, buy a game on wii U, get a steam copy. Sales, bundles, awesomeness.
  • A regular dual stick controller will bundled in. Not everything has to use the giganto-pad
  • Change their mind about GCN BC. I know they will want to sell me digital versions of stuff I already own, but that's probably not going to happen. So GCN and wavebird support would be tits.
  • Hardware got buffed. 2+GB of ram, dx11 chip(s). Hard drive.
  • Retro, Zelda. you know it.
  • Major changes in the VC

Flip the table in rage
  • Origin is the online system for WiiU
  • the machine costs 400$
  • Woefully underpowered hardware
  • banking on iOS ports and ebooks to make the machine worthwhile
gtt
Kwisatz Haderach

NN ID: supergtt
3DS: 3394-3550-1815

Postby Jirachi » 05 Jan 2012 06:57

Likely Super Smash brothers 3ds and wii u have trailer show but no date yet
Zelda 3ds Is at least shown
Animal Crossing,luigi mansion and paper mario get offical dates for later this year.
Pikmin 3 Finally shown in some form
2 or More Remakes

Some what Likely
Fire emblem shown and dated for 2013
Wii U is shown and about 2 of the tech demoes are actual games now
with a couple new games coming out
Pandora's tower offically annouced for na and gets a date

Unlikely
New Metriod Game shown(i say it's unlikely becuase we just got one in 2010)
New Dk game(we got one last year so unlikely)
Final Fantasy XV Announced as wii u only(like 13 it will be temporary)
3ds lite/xl shown and coming out this year(the unlikely part is the this year part)
Last edited by Jirachi on 27 May 2012 21:34, edited 1 time in total.
My favorite zelda game is Twilight Princess and Jirachi is my favorite pokemon <3 skype:SSBBKING

Jirachi
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

NN ID: Jirachifan
3DS: 1848-1701-2271
Wii: 5376-4745-6865-7604
PSN: TCDFTW
XBL: N and 360 fan

Postby motherbra1n » 05 Jan 2012 07:59

Jirachi wrote:New Metriod Game shown(i say it's unlikely becuase we just got one in 2010)

metroid prime 3 was released in 2007 and other m was announced in 2009

and correct me if I'm mistaken but metroid prime 1 was released in 2002 and prime 2 was released in 2004, so surely that was announced in 2003, a year after prime 1.
motherbra1n
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby thresholdXCI » 07 Jan 2012 16:40

Hmm, I think we'll see some gameplay of the Wii U. Here's my predictions:

- F-Zero Wii U: It's a series we haven't seen in a while and it's one they could use to really show off the system's horsepower. Certainly be a surprise, and there's got to be one crazy surprise.

- Pikmin 3: We know it's coming, and it's been being developed for a while. Seems likely enough.

- 3D Mario: New 3D Mario game, if not a launch title they'll show something off.

As far as Wii U 3rd Party stuff I think we'll see:

- A new Super Monkey Ball, they seem to go hand in hand with new Nintendo releases.

- Announcements of Wii U ports of all the big new multi-platform games next year (CoD etc)

I think it's inevitable that Metal Gear Solid 5, Resident Evil 6 and Final Fantasy XV will end up multi-platform, there's a reasonable chance they'll all be on Wii U too. Although I don't think we'll hear about those games as early as E3 2012. Maybe 2013.
thresholdXCI
Site Mod
Site Mod

Wii: 4073 2409 9869 0324
PSN: jw_XCI

Postby vinniebrock » 07 Jan 2012 19:51

instead of likely/unlikely etc. i'll break my guesses up into: Nintendo announcements, 3rd party announcements (for Nintendo platforms, obviously) & some nonsense:

Nintendo:
EDIT: Main-line Pokemon game for 3DS extremely unlikely now. (see: B/W2)
-Pokemon B/w2 trailer + release date
-new AR cards/games shown
-F-Zero 3DS announced
-new 3DS model
-Release dates for Animal Crossing 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2 & Paper Mario 3D
-Wii U control has small changes; i.e. analog triggers, a bit sleeker; Keeps circle pads
-supports 2 tablet-controls
-Super Mario HD Collection announced, EDIT: NSMB Mii is a launch title
-Pikmin 3 trailer & stage demo, launch title. Will blow everyone away.
-Retro's Wii U game gets a trailer, launch window release
-Online stuff is unveiled: GCN games on VC, Apps & e-reader rumors turn out to be true, partnership with Amazon for Kindle app/channel, digital shop details; ready at launch (& some games announced), friend codes still present.
-Late October / early November release, comes with: 1 Wii U control, 1 Wii Remote+ and a disc with Battle Mii, Chase Mii & Wii U Sports
-Smash Bros. teaser as they leave the stage

3rd Party:
-Assassin's Creed 3 stage demo
-Killer Freaks & Ghost Recon Online are launch titles, GRO only on Wii U e-Shop, available at launch
-EA says next Madden & Battlefield will be on Wii U & have cool control features. Origin functionality :( Dead Space 3 also announced for Wii U
-Batman: Arkham City GOTY Edition is a launch title
-NA release date Monster Hunter Tri G, has online MP. RE6 coming to Wii U.
-Tekken Wii U dies before it exists, same with Ninja Gaiden 3DS...

Hopes & dreams:
-Eternal Darkness 2
-Miyamoto's mysterious new IP is announced for Wii U
-some new 3D Classics are announced, including Yoshi's Island & Zelda LttP
-Pokemon Snap 3D re-make or AR game announced for 3DS
-Wii U bundle with Arkham City anounced; has Batman-themed Wii U control
-Valve announces a game and some kind of Steam functionality for Wii U
-Borderlands 2, GTA V & Beyond Good & Evil 2 will come to Wii U (not announced at Nintendo's conference)
Last edited by vinniebrock on 25 May 2012 21:41, edited 20 times in total.
Back from unexpected hiatus
vinniebrock
Octorok
Octorok

NN ID: Vinnom
3DS: 5284 1410 9454
Wii: 4206 2479 1494 2053
PSN: Vinnie_Brock

Operation Bluewave

Postby WolfDogF » 07 Jan 2012 20:26

Operation Bluewave is a fun little movement that have all Nintendo Fan's voice heard, describing their wishlist by this year E3 in order to make this E3 conferences the best yet. Make sure you spread the word about this Operation, let the developers know that us (gamers) approve of the Wii, 3DS, and the upcoming Wii U.

PS: This Operation isn't an anti- Sony or Mircosoft, time to grow up.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inYHMfx_Mos&feature=channel_video_title[/youtube]
WolfDogF
Fairy
Fairy

Postby motherbra1n » 09 Jan 2012 14:07

I think the absolute best case scenario would be if the Wii U turned out to be comparable to only the ps4 or the nextbox, and that the other company overpowers and overprices their system because lets face it if all 3 systems have comparable specs it'll be the gamecube all over again. The overpowered console will be super expensive, and that'll make most people jump over to the the Wii U and the non-overpowered console. Assuming that happens, hopefully the Wii U will get most multiplatform releases and they'll sell well enough for third parties to carry on doing that. They had the perfect chance to do this when sony priced the PS3 at $599.

Look at me talking about this as if there's any chance of it ever really happening, I think there's a better chance of sega making a new console than a nintendo console getting every next gen multiplatform game, but I can dream right?
motherbra1n
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby HylianTom » 09 Jan 2012 16:28

motherbra1n wrote:I think the absolute best case scenario would be if the Wii U turned out to be comparable to only the ps4 or the nextbox, and that the other company overpowers and overprices their system because lets face it if all 3 systems have comparable specs it'll be the gamecube all over again. The overpowered console will be super expensive, and that'll make most people jump over to the the Wii U and the non-overpowered console. Assuming that happens, hopefully the Wii U will get most multiplatform releases and they'll sell well enough for third parties to carry on doing that. They had the perfect chance to do this when sony priced the PS3 at $599.

Look at me talking about this as if there's any chance of it ever really happening, I think there's a better chance of sega making a new console than a nintendo console getting every next gen multiplatform game, but I can dream right?

"We're very happy that Nintendo has dramatically increased their new console's power, made it easy to develop for, created a fantastic online structure, and offered incredible 'moneyhat' partnerships.. but we think that Reggie may have looked at one of us funny about ten years ago, so we've decided to pass on developing for the Wii U, even if it puts us into bankruptcy cort. That is all."

Sounds about right? :x
{I love you, my Jake!}
HylianTom
Flicky
Flicky

Postby MrWu » 09 Jan 2012 22:47

I'm really LESS interested in games at the moment, because Nintendo can line up with the most awesome launch/near launch lineup and you'll still have the iOS/smartphone crowd beating the drums on Nintendo's imminent demise. And as much as I feel most of it is driven by a happy quirk of luck (leave luck to heaven) on Apple's part, there is still some truth to the view that the traditional gaming space may be under-attack.

So Nintendo needs to address that or they can't get a good narrative going. Their best chance, IMHO is to join the party and be seen as the price leader with an ultra low cost tablet, that will generate hyterical headlines like $99 tablet to challenge ipad.

It won't be really true of course, but it would change the conversation, and strategically, if Nintendo really wants an apps marketplace on the Wii U, and knowing they have that tablet already, they need to sell the damn thing in stores. It allows them to
1) Profit from sales of 2nd/3rd tablets
2) Release upgrades to the uPad knowing that the Wii U box will be locked once it launches, this gives them some future proofing against the ever-changing demands of tablet computing and against other competitors
3) The possibility of a 're-launch' of the Wii U some years down the road with a new 'vision' uPad with a new gimmick. Maybe a glassless 3D screen, or maybe by that time Nintendo will feel confident enough to really attack that space with a standalone tablet like device under $150 that happens to work with the Wii U.

None of this can happen if they stick to 1 uPad per console. The thing is locked in once we launch in 2012. Best case is they manage to do great sales for a year or two and they get beaten again by being the weakest platform and the 1st to market.

Nintendo has never had a good answer to future proofing their platforms even since the SNES, and the thing with the SNES-era was they weren't afraid of including specialized chips in their cartridges to augment the power of the SNES.
Some of the most amazing games ever made were only possible because Nintendo had the foresight to add two extra slots on either side of the cartridge connector to allow of those chips to work.

Now is the time for them to step up to the game and have vision.

I think Nintendo has a good idea with the Wii U, but I'm more concerned that cutting corners/cost cutting and myopic 'good enough' mentality will overwhelm the better judgement of supporting multiple upads and a grand strategy to position the Wii U as a console of the future, rather than an HD console with a 2nd screen. HD and dual screen gaming is old (last-gen) news.
http://monkeydew.blogspot.ca
a blog about Nintendo, Games & Culture
MrWu
Flicky
Flicky

Postby HylianTom » 09 Jan 2012 23:50

motherbra1n wrote:I just don't get it. I dont remember where I read this, but someone said that the xbox was getting better third party support and more multiplatform games even when it was selling worse than the gamecube, and I just really can't get my head round to that.

Here's the thing, All this praise about the Wii U's power, I just can't help but think that these developers are patronising nintendo and are more or less saying "welcome to the current gen, we're gonna be nice and not saying anything about how the Wii U will be dated by 2013 and how we all plan to stop supporting the system outside of shovelware."

Me neither. Like my sig says, I'm re-listening to the entire GoNintendo podcast library (and reading-up on related media coverage from that fascinating time period), and the pre-Wii launch comments from developers, in retrospect, sound like they were blowing smoke up Nintendo's ass. We hear lots of vaguely positive comments, with no concrete committment to making actual games.. which is why I've arrived at my "I'll believe it when I see it and I have no pity if your business model fails" stance.

Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony all have their own issues, things impeding developers. It's apparent to me that, somehow, all of Sony and Microsoft's issues are magically forgiveable! Imagine that! Yet when Nintendo addresses their own issues, some other excuse always seems to come-up from developers. It's like a game of "Reasons Why We're Avoiding Nintendo's Console" Whack-a-Mole. Meanwhile, we have a choir of hardcore-media outlets singing in the background, repeating and reinforcing any excuse that pops-up. At this point, these attitudes seem to be widely and firmly engrained in "core" western gaming culture.

I don't see a positive exit from this scenario, unless there's some BIG industry-wide shake-up, on the scale of Sega leaving or Sony entering.
{I love you, my Jake!}
HylianTom
Flicky
Flicky

Postby motherbra1n » 21 Jan 2012 13:15

MrWu wrote:I'm really LESS interested in games at the moment, because Nintendo can line up with the most awesome launch/near launch lineup and you'll still have the iOS/smartphone crowd beating the drums on Nintendo's imminent demise. And as much as I feel most of it is driven by a happy quirk of luck (leave luck to heaven) on Apple's part, there is still some truth to the view that the traditional gaming space may be under-attack.

So Nintendo needs to address that or they can't get a good narrative going. Their best chance, IMHO is to join the party and be seen as the price leader with an ultra low cost tablet, that will generate hyterical headlines like $99 tablet to challenge ipad.

It won't be really true of course, but it would change the conversation, and strategically, if Nintendo really wants an apps marketplace on the Wii U, and knowing they have that tablet already, they need to sell the damn thing in stores. It allows them to
1) Profit from sales of 2nd/3rd tablets
2) Release upgrades to the uPad knowing that the Wii U box will be locked once it launches, this gives them some future proofing against the ever-changing demands of tablet computing and against other competitors
3) The possibility of a 're-launch' of the Wii U some years down the road with a new 'vision' uPad with a new gimmick. Maybe a glassless 3D screen, or maybe by that time Nintendo will feel confident enough to really attack that space with a standalone tablet like device under $150 that happens to work with the Wii U.

None of this can happen if they stick to 1 uPad per console. The thing is locked in once we launch in 2012. Best case is they manage to do great sales for a year or two and they get beaten again by being the weakest platform and the 1st to market.

Nintendo has never had a good answer to future proofing their platforms even since the SNES, and the thing with the SNES-era was they weren't afraid of including specialized chips in their cartridges to augment the power of the SNES.
Some of the most amazing games ever made were only possible because Nintendo had the foresight to add two extra slots on either side of the cartridge connector to allow of those chips to work.

Now is the time for them to step up to the game and have vision.

I think Nintendo has a good idea with the Wii U, but I'm more concerned that cutting corners/cost cutting and myopic 'good enough' mentality will overwhelm the better judgement of supporting multiple upads and a grand strategy to position the Wii U as a console of the future, rather than an HD console with a 2nd screen. HD and dual screen gaming is old (last-gen) news.

so you want the tablet controller to basically be like a normal portable tablet that you take with you when you go out?
motherbra1n
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby KingBroly » 24 Jan 2012 23:37

motherbra1n wrote:
Jirachi wrote:New Metriod Game shown(i say it's unlikely becuase we just got one in 2010)

and correct me if I'm mistaken but metroid prime 1 was released in 2002 and prime 2 was released in 2004, so surely that was announced in 2003, a year after prime 1.

2002: Metroid Prime 1/Fusion
2004: Metroid Prime 2/Zero Mission
2006: Prime Hunters/Pinball(?)
2007: Metroid Prime 3
2009: Metroid Prime Triology
2010: Other M

And...I won't comment beyond that because I do know things.
Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention
Sakamoto Lied. Samus Died.
I write things here from time to time
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

NN ID: KingBroly
3DS: 3351-4164-6416
Steam ID: KingBroly
Wii: 8135-0917-9758-1594
PSN: KingBroly
XBL: KingBroly

Postby Broken_Cartridge » 25 Jan 2012 01:51

KingBroly wrote:
motherbra1n wrote:

2002: Metroid Prime 1/Fusion
2004: Metroid Prime 2/Zero Mission
2006: Prime Hunters/Pinball(?)
2007: Metroid Prime 3
2009: Metroid Prime Triology
2010: Other M

I've seen several comments from you stating that you know more then you're letting on. I'm not asking what that info is, because obviously you would have said it if you were willing to, but how exactly do you claim this knowledge? Sorry I'm not familiar with you yet.
Broken_Cartridge
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Broken_Cartridge
PSN: Stephen5543

Postby vinniebrock » 25 Jan 2012 23:31

KingBroly wrote:

my sources say I should call your bluff :P
vinniebrock
Octorok
Octorok

Postby motherbra1n » 28 Jan 2012 10:08

If they do announce a metroid game (which I'm willing to bet that they will) I assume it will be released next year.
motherbra1n
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby Muigi » 08 Feb 2012 14:04

Unlikely:
- 3DS and Wii U sharing downloadable titles
- Trailer for Smash Bros 3DS & Wii U
- F-Zero Wii U trailer
- New Wario Land game for 3DS
- Actual Mario & Sonic crossover game announced
- Mega Man ZX 3 exclusively for 3DS

Likely:
- Showcasing 3DS games that support DLC
- New 3DS colors revealed
- 3DS and Wii U connectivity; reveal games that support it
- Latest 3rd party games announced confirmed to have simultaneous Wii U releases

I'm not very good at predictions, but if one of these comes true, know that I totally called it.
Muigi
Chocobo
Chocobo

XBL: Muigi01

Postby cortjezter » 08 Feb 2012 14:53

likely:
-e3 will come.
-e3 will go.

unlikely:
-e3 won't come.
-e3 won't go.
-i will be able to go this year

possible:
-i will go to tgs from now on.
cortjezter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Steam ID: cortjezter
Wii: 4659 4316 9119 3027
PSN: cortjezter
XBL: cortjezter

Postby KingBroly » 08 Feb 2012 17:16

vinniebrock wrote:
KingBroly wrote:

I know things about Wii U that people would love to know. BIG things. IMPORTANT things. FRIGHTENING things.
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

Postby gtt » 09 Feb 2012 02:23

KingBroly wrote:
vinniebrock wrote:
KingBroly wrote:

I know things about Wii U that people would love to know. BIG things. IMPORTANT things. FRIGHTENING things.

Frightening to who? batman?
gtt
Kwisatz Haderach

NN ID: supergtt
3DS: 3394-3550-1815

Postby vinniebrock » 09 Feb 2012 03:11

KingBroly wrote:
vinniebrock wrote:
KingBroly wrote:And...I won't comment beyond that because I do know things.

I've heard whispers. Not too frightening or big, but interesting. Nintendo ninjas are on the prowl at the moment, though :( .
vinniebrock
Octorok
Octorok

Postby KingBroly » 09 Feb 2012 09:23

gtt wrote:Frightening to who? batman?

Yes, frightening to Batman.
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

Postby Eternal Rain » 10 Feb 2012 21:07

Likely:
-Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 confirmed for launch, with support for DLC maps like the 360 and PS3 versions (related: will get a 3DS version by n-Space that is a side story)
-Confirmation on the launch date and some of the launch titles for the Wii U
-Fire Emblem 3DS confirmed for North America, with the DLC episodes scheduled
-More information on the 2D Mario for the 3DS
-Pikmin 3 finally shown off
-Retro Studios new game is revealed
-Dead or Alive 5 confirmed for Wii U, with a demo included with Ninja Gaiden III

Wishful thinking:
-The Last Story gets a Wii U version that comes out for the system's launch (essentially a Twilight Princess situation), with updated graphics
-Wii U version of Resident Evil 6 at launch
-Square confirms two new Chrystal Chronicles games, one for 3DS and one for Wii U, both having connectivity, but are different games (in other words, avoid another Echoes of Time scenario)
-Final Fantasy Versus XIII and Kingdom Hearts III confirmed to have Wii U versions in the making (with the added possibility of a XIII Collection, and confirming XIII-3 for Wii U as well)
-Wii U gets an exclusive Battlefield game
-Information on the first original Zelda for the 3DS
-Metroid V confirmed for 3DS and being worked on by the Super Metroid and Fusion team
-Wii U version of Street Fighter X Tekken with Pac-Man and Bad Boxart Mega Man, but in place of the Sony characters they include Samus and Captain Falcon as guest fighters
Eternal Rain
Boo
Boo

Postby Broken_Cartridge » 11 Feb 2012 02:57

Eternal Rain wrote:-Final Fantasy Versus XIII and Kingdom Hearts III confirmed to have Wii U versions in the making (with the added possibility of a XIII Collection, and confirming XIII-3 for Wii U as well)

XIII-3 isn't happening on any system. If you're referring to the controversial ending of the game, Toriyama explained that the game's ending was like that for 2 reason: so that so that players would explore all the Paradox endings of the game, and that the game will have future DLC that expands on the story of the game.
Broken_Cartridge
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Broken_Cartridge
PSN: Stephen5543

Next

Return to General Gaming