Goriginal Content

EoD - Smash Wii U!

Shantae review!

Fantasy Life review

EoD - Instagram fun

Xeodrifter diary #12

GN Podcast #479
 

Armikrog set to hit Kickstarter goal tonight, stretch goal still in question

UPDATE - Now fully funded!



Armikrog didn't look like it was going to hit its original funding goal of $900,000. The game was more than $250,000 short earlier in the week. Surprisingly, a final big push from funders and the devs alike have gotten the game up to $893,771 as of right now. Now it seems almost certain that the title will hit its initial funding goal.

The stretch goal for Wii U sits at $950,000. Whether that happens remains to be seen. The Kickstarter only has 17 hours left. Are there enough deep-pocketed Wii U owners interested in the game to reach that stretch goal?

Also check out:
Discussion Preview
75 total comments (View all)
User avatar
26 Jun 2013 22:51

OmnipotentSwine wrote:@coffeewithchess
You completely ignored and sidestepped the question. Good job. You're a master at committing logical fallacies.


I didn't ignore the question, I need background. Like I said, I didn't even realize there was an issue here, until people kept on commenting in the comments section.

I don't live in a "WHAT IF" world, "What if a truck runs you over when you step outside...", I'm still going outside, the truck is irrelevant to what I was doing.
What I did was to not assume something, and used a real world experience of not knowing any cooks at restaurants I visit, much less their thoughts on topics I may/may not agree with.

So, how do I know the cooks thoughts and opinions, if I don't question them before each meal? Why do most people go to a diner? To eat.

I don't like hypotheticals and what ifs.
User avatar
26 Jun 2013 22:54

@coffeewithchess
Okay, they made a public statement. They were shown on Food Network or something and made a public statement. People are boycotting them. Think Chic-Fil-A, but racism.

And if you don't like hypotheticals and what-ifs you must be the most irresponsible and reckless person to exist. Go see a psych. Your lack of forethought is a danger to us all and you'll end up dead or in jail for it someday.
User avatar
26 Jun 2013 22:58

coffeewithchess wrote:
nGen wrote:


Also it's not just that the CEO of Chick-fil-a was anti-gay, but he gave millions of dollars to hate groups as defined by the Southern Poverty Law Center.


You might find this interesting:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/shane-l-w ... 64379.html


Well he sounds like a swell guy in person, it's just a shame that his company has given money, possibly for years, to Exodus Internation and Focus on the Family. It still gives money to Marriage and Family Foundation, National Christian Foundation which use their influence to fight against gay marriage rights.
User avatar
26 Jun 2013 22:59

If I suddenly found out the creator Super Mario Bros. 3 was not Miyamoto, but a baby-eating psychopath, I'll be horrified, but that's not going to stop me from enjoying the game like I've always had.

By the way, I was the psychopath who made Mario 3.
User avatar
26 Jun 2013 23:01

OmnipotentSwine wrote:@coffeewithchess
Okay, they made a public statement. They were shown on Food Network or something and made a public statement. People are boycotting them. Think Chic-Fil-A, but racism.

And if you don't like hypotheticals and what-ifs you must be the most irresponsible and reckless person to exist. Go see a psych. Your lack of forethought is a danger to us all and you'll end up dead or in jail for it someday.


What are you even talking about? Lack of forethought, on what? You are correct though, one day, I will end up dead. It's a fact, 10 out of 10 people die. :lol:

What is your end goal? Do you not want anybody to not support anything that you don't agree with, because of one person's views on a subject that is associated with the project (not that I agree with TenNapel's statement, I haven't said I do/don't, never did).
User avatar
26 Jun 2013 23:04

@coffeewithchess
You said you don't like hypotheticals. We deal with those everyday. Should I think about WHAT could happen IF I blindfold myself when I'm driving? It's hypothetical. Think, man.

My end goal is equality. TenNapel is against it.
User avatar
26 Jun 2013 23:08

nGen wrote:He has a right to say or think whatever he likes. That also means we have a right react to his statements in our own way, be it a boycott or whatever.

Fair enough. :)
User avatar
26 Jun 2013 23:14

If I don't like someone's views on subjects I am passionate about then I have the option to NOT give them money by not buying their products. For example I don't buy books written by Orson Scott Card because the man is pretty much an out and out homophobe who said that he honestly believes that giving gay people equal rights would lead to mormons overthrowing the US government in an armed uprising...

I don't like what Tenapel said, but as long as he's not the one who's got the primary control over the product and doesn't use it as a mouthpiece for his views then I'll at least support the OTHER people involved. (with Card the situation is one man writing everything and using his books as mouthpieces to voice his negative opinions)
User avatar
26 Jun 2013 23:16

OmnipotentSwine wrote:@coffeewithchess
You said you don't like hypotheticals. We deal with those everyday. Should I think about WHAT could happen IF I blindfold myself when I'm driving? It's hypothetical. Think, man.

My end goal is equality. TenNapel is against it.


When was the interview with TenNapel done? Has he said anything since? I honestly don't know, or even if he has been approached.

As for hypotheticals and what ifs, I don't especially like them in political matters, ESPECIALLY debates: "What if Iran launches 40 nuclear missiles, while you are on vacation, asleep...at NIGHT!?" That type of stuff.

I mean, I can deal with hypotheticals, but that doesn't mean I like them. I want some facts and history before jumping to a conclusion.
User avatar
26 Jun 2013 23:20

@coffeewithchess
Actually he has. Someone on Twitter tweeted to Emily Rogers about it and TenNapel tweeted to her to talk to him about it, iirc.

And why does it matter if he's said anything since?
User avatar
26 Jun 2013 23:26

OmnipotentSwine wrote:@coffeewithchess
Actually he has. Someone on Twitter tweeted to Emily Rogers about it and TenNapel tweeted to her to talk to him about it, iirc.

And why does it matter if he's said anything since?


Well, did he explain it more? Say he thought the same? Say his thoughts had changed? It would matter, I think, to somebody like you if he had different thoughts since his first statement?
User avatar
26 Jun 2013 23:31

@coffeewithchess
No. He didn't say anything like that. And if his thoughts had changed he should just come out and say it.
User avatar
26 Jun 2013 23:36

OmnipotentSwine wrote:@coffeewithchess
No. He didn't say anything like that. And if his thoughts had changed he should just come out and say it.


If he did, would you be interested in the game?

If not, what should happen with TenNapel? I mean, not support his game? What do you think the solution is for people that might disagree on the topic?
User avatar
26 Jun 2013 23:43

It's really nice to see Nintendo really reaching out to developers and showing support. If only the big publishers were as grateful.
User avatar
26 Jun 2013 23:44

@coffeewithchess
Me? Doubtful? I like point-and-click games but dislike the art style. It looks fun and had I not recently pre-ordered SMT IV I would've probably pledged.

The solution is to not support him until he comes to his senses.
User avatar
27 Jun 2013 00:08

OmnipotentSwine wrote:@coffeewithchess
Me? Doubtful? I like point-and-click games but dislike the art style. It looks fun and had I not recently pre-ordered SMT IV I would've probably pledged.

The solution is to not support him until he comes to his senses.

You wrote what one would call a opinion on what you thought of the game, which is pretty cool...except it doesn't look like that at all.

It sounds more like forced negativity on one guy's work, simply over the fact that he's a homophobe. I'm not going to question whatever people think on homosexuality, but what makes "you" think that I should take your word or even bother giving a damn on what you think the quality of the game appears to be? You already keep expressing on how "inhumane" this guy is and obviously, you're not gonna stop. It was also nice of you to follow-up that opinion with "We'll give him attention when he starts accepting gay people," as if that will affect your opinion on this game among the dozens of responses you made.
User avatar
27 Jun 2013 00:15

@Cassidy
I don't support the game because of the fact that TenNapel is a homophobe. What's so hard to get about that?

If he was being racist everyone would be against him but it seems people, you included, still have a problem with empathizing with homosexuals. Not saying you hate them but it seems you can't empathize with them.

It won't affect my opinion on the game. Did I ever say it would? Don't infer what isn't there. I'm merely saying I might've supported it.
User avatar
27 Jun 2013 00:56

OmnipotentSwine wrote:@Cassidy
I don't support the game-

Obviously, you did not read my post. Let's try this again.

We see no reason to listen to your opinion on Armikrog's gameplay if all you will do is bash the creator, because that only sums it up for us. This doesn't mean a thing for anyone's views on homosexual rights in general and nowhere in my post did I bring up the idea that you should support it. I have posted, as well as others, that if he was a fucked up and deranged person, yet, made a great game, we would still play it. It doesn't mean his views reflect on to us, just because he created Earthworm Jim. You're thinking way too deeply into that. To add on to that, his homophobia will not stop me from playing Jim, either.
User avatar
27 Jun 2013 01:04

@Cassidy
It won't stop YOU. Accept that I don't support it, bro. I realize you don't care about for other people's rights to do what's right but I do care. Accept it. You're not going to change my mind as it is one of rationality.
User avatar
27 Jun 2013 01:12

nGen wrote:
coffeewithchess wrote:
nGen wrote:

Also it's not just that the CEO of Chick-fil-a was anti-gay, but he gave millions of dollars to hate groups as defined by the Southern Poverty Law Center.


You might find this interesting:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/shane-l-w ... 64379.html


Well he sounds like a swell guy in person, it's just a shame that his company has given money, possibly for years, to Exodus Internation and Focus on the Family. It still gives money to Marriage and Family Foundation, National Christian Foundation which use their influence to fight against gay marriage rights.


Sorry, just saw this. I'm not sure if they still are donating to all those or not (I personally would rather CFA use those funds to increase the wages of their employees). The only stuff I saw on it popup back in March was based off of 2011 tax returns, which was the year before this situation which was written about, but every article was spinning it like CFA still was/is donating...

The main situation that lead to the events above, happened in mid-late 2012, not in 2011 which is what every story I saw reporting on. It was addressed in the link as well:
"This past week Chick-fil-A shared with me the 2011 IRS Form 990, filed in November for the WinShape Foundation, along with 2012 financials. The IRS has not released the 990 to the public yet, but the financials affirm Chick-fil-A's values a year prior to the controversy this past July. The nearly $6 million in outside grant funding focuses on youth, education, marriage enrichment and local communities. The funding reflects Chick-fil-A's promised commitment not to engage in "political or social debates," and the most divisive anti-LGBT groups are no longer listed.

Even as Campus Pride and so many in the community protested Chick-fil-A and its funding of groups like Family Research Council, Eagle Forum and Exodus International, the funding of these groups had already stopped. Dan Cathy and Chick-fil-A could have noted this publicly earlier. Instead, they chose to be patient, to engage in private dialogue, to reach understanding,and to share proof with me when it was official. There was no "caving"; there were no "concessions." There was, in my view, conscience."
User avatar
27 Jun 2013 01:14

OmnipotentSwine wrote:
Accept that I don't support it

Nowhere in my first post did I say it and I only brought it up in the second post to tell you that I DIDN'T bring it up! How could you not have seen that?
User avatar
27 Jun 2013 01:25

@Cassidy
Would you go into a diner and buy the food when the guy who owned the diner was racist. Outspoken about it too. Didn't think other races deserved the same rights as whites. Mind you, the food is pretty good, but the dude is racist. Completely.
User avatar
27 Jun 2013 01:38

OmnipotentSwine wrote:@Cassidy
Would you go into a diner and buy the food when the guy who owned the diner was racist. Outspoken about it too. Didn't think other races deserved the same rights as whites. Mind you, the food is pretty good, but the dude is racist. Completely.

Unless he flails about on my table or starts talking or singing while I'm eating, then yeah, I'm going to eat the food as long as it's good. If not, then I won't come back, but not because of the owner. It's just the food wasn't good.
User avatar
27 Jun 2013 01:41

@Cassidy
Then you don't have the same principles as I do. I suppose I should learn to accept it. Honor is dying.
User avatar
27 Jun 2013 10:03

kdognumba1 wrote:It's really nice to see Nintendo really reaching out to developers and showing support. If only the big publishers were as grateful.


Oh look a relevant post.

Anyway I don't want to get into gay rights or anything, your country is none of my business.

View the full discussion!

Quickie Search

"Advanced" Search

Anti-social Tendencies

Advertisements

RSS feed trough

News Feed
Top Stories
Console News
Portables News
Podcast Feed
GoNintendo Radio Feed
Twitter Feed

Affiliates + Friends

Destructoid
Gamersyde
Modojo
TheBitBlock
Anime Your Way