Goriginal Content

EoD - 3DS choices

Hyrule Warriors RV

GN Instagram best-of

Xeodrifter diary #7

GN Podcast #474

Cubemen 2 review
 

Ace Attorney 123: Wright Selection - GBA/DS/3DS screen comparisons



Link

Also check out:
Discussion Preview
9 total comments (View all)
User avatar
20 Mar 2014 02:26

So is there any chance at all we're going to get this?
User avatar
20 Mar 2014 02:53

If this comes to any other areas, it will most likely be digital only again.
No Avatar
20 Mar 2014 05:25

Oh wow, what a great comparison, Capcom! Let's compare these stretched-the-feck-out screens to the new one.
User avatar
20 Mar 2014 07:38

I've seen the video footage and the sprites look so much better than these "clean" ones.
User avatar
20 Mar 2014 08:09

Artistic_Anarchy wrote:I've seen the video footage and the sprites look so much better than these "clean" ones.


Yeah, if it's the same as the iOS version, it is much uglier.

Was the art was redrawn or traced over, as opposed to replaced with pre-existing higher-res versions? (At least the coloring was redone, as seen in the shadows on Naruhodo's sleeve.)
No Avatar
20 Mar 2014 08:30

Skawo wrote:Oh wow, what a great comparison, Capcom! Let's compare these stretched-the-feck-out screens to the new one.

The games run in totally different resolutions, so it's normal that to make the added level of detail of the new version stand out, they would show you the thing three time at the same scale. I actually thought the DS version was very much the same as the GBA, only with a widened view to accomodate the larger space of pixels. I like to be proven wrong like this :). Buy the 3DS version is in a totally different league in terms of smoothness. No more of that dithering either, it's good to see that they went an extra mile when compared to the Wiiware versions which were cheap ports of the DS versions.
No Avatar
20 Mar 2014 08:54

RudyC3 wrote:
Skawo wrote:Oh wow, what a great comparison, Capcom! Let's compare these stretched-the-feck-out screens to the new one.

so it's normal


It may be a normal thing to do, but it's not the correct way to do it. Pretty misleading this way, as the DS games never looked like pictured there.
No Avatar
20 Mar 2014 10:04

Skawo wrote:
RudyC3 wrote:
Skawo wrote:Oh wow, what a great comparison, Capcom! Let's compare these stretched-the-feck-out screens to the new one.

so it's normal


It may be a normal thing to do, but it's not the correct way to do it. Pretty misleading this way, as the DS games never looked like pictured there.

Put the way you just put it, I agree more with you. But most likely the intention was not to show that the DS games looked like crap, but rather most likely to show that the 3DS version features a much more noticeable improvement over its previous incarnation than perhaps the DS did over the GBA (which is how I perceive it myself anyway).
Putting a minuscule 240*160 screen from the GBA (because when you look at them in their original size, they ARE minuscule) that you can barely see on nowadays screens next to a much larger 400*240 will barely show any differene, you would only think that the picture is larger and not be able to tell much difference, would you.
No Avatar
20 Mar 2014 10:54

Well, heh, if that's what it comes down to, then that's what it comes down to. "We made it look about how the DS versions looked like, but on bigger screen" is a pretty small improvement, and honestly not enough of a reason to release this game for the tenth time.

View the full discussion!

Quickie Search

"Advanced" Search

Anti-social Tendencies

Advertisements

RSS feed trough

News Feed
Top Stories
Console News
Portables News
Podcast Feed
GoNintendo Radio Feed
Twitter Feed

Affiliates + Friends

Destructoid
Gamersyde
Modojo
TheBitBlock
Anime Your Way