Goriginal Content

EoD - Smash Wii U!

Shantae review!

Fantasy Life review

EoD - Instagram fun

Xeodrifter diary #12

GN Podcast #479
 

New Hyrule Warriors Screens


Link

Also check out:
Discussion Preview
70 total comments (View all)
User avatar
21 May 2014 16:35

that first image looks REAL bullshotty
User avatar
21 May 2014 16:46

I need to see Tingle! More Tingle!

@MoldyClay
Thanks for spilling some knowledge for us! I didn't know about that at all.
User avatar
21 May 2014 16:54

the graphics look way improved. Hope (main) Zelda U looks like this.
User avatar
21 May 2014 17:45

KoffeeKing0407 wrote:
Team Ninja sucks, way to jump to conclusions.


I had written more, but it's not worth it.

Listen:

1. You don't know how much involvement TN has with this game. They literally might not be doing anything we'll notice.

2. You're going against your previous post. You said Team Ninja is why it sucked. How am I misreading it? The only way I'm misinterpreting is if you think they messed up the graphics or something.

Not saying TN are good devs, but people, not just you, are making ridiculous assumptions based on absolutely no information.
User avatar
21 May 2014 18:04

MoldyClay wrote:
KoffeeKing0407 wrote:
Whoa calm down there cowboy... People need to practice "netiquette" around here. Still the fact remains that anything Team Ninja has involvement in tends to be on the SUCK side of things.

Oh and another thing...nice of you to jump to conclusions as to why I personally didn't like the game so before you run off at the mouth again "please understand" that not all of society is plugged into the same mindset and that we are all unique and have different reasons for liking and not liking something...


My point stands that you don't even know what Team Ninja's doing. They could literally just be programming the graphics, based on designs made by other people. You don't know. Your auto assumption that something will 'suck' because they're touching it is ridiculous. Because, like I said, they could be doing practically nothing.

All we actually know is that the current producer (i.e., not the oatmeal face from the past) is working on it. And he's only made 7 games. And may not have as much input as you're terrified he does.

Also, you can't get behind a 'way to assume' wall. You said "TEAM NINJA ARE THE CHUMPS WHO SCREWED UP OTHER M". So you are saying that they are the reason it is bad. They made the graphics, programmed it and followed orders. So enlighten me how they messed those up. Sakamoto was behind everything they did. They were not the driving force.

And you were 'reminding' people it was their fault. As in, indirectly addressing the reasons everyone else dislikes it (or making a grand assumptioin that they all dislike it for your reasons), which happens to mostly be unrelated to Team Ninja.

So no. Unless you or everyone else hates the graphics and programming, whatever it is you don't like is probably originated by Metroid's co-creator. Not Team Ninja.

And I am not saying Team Ninja is a good developer or anything like that, but you're making an assumption based on nothing yet, and referencing something that's not actually true.


Your attacks are baseless and I kinda get the feeling that you just want to talk just to talk. Not everything was left in Sakamoto's charge. AND YES, I said those chumps that screwed up Other M. A PERSONAL OPINION. You really come off as one of those online types that like to be a "know-it-all" as if they have something to prove. You know, one of those that feels the need to comment on everything... You know what they say opinions are like right? If you don't, ask someone. Anyway I'm gonna go and spend some time with my children rather than sit here and feed ya.... Go drop your endless knowledge on someone else because quite frankly I'm done with you.
No Avatar
21 May 2014 18:09

People are so focused on boobs that they don't even notice her arm. Yikes! Her hand alone can wrap around her upper arm easily. I'm not sure I want to see how the REST of her looks like. Yeesh.

Anyways, other then her weird proportions, I LOVE her mask and staff. :D

As for the guy, he is just SO cool looking. He's my favorite so far (besides Link). :P
User avatar
21 May 2014 18:25

@MoldyClay
...why assume people dislike other m because of its story, not its gameplay?

The gameplay wasnt so hot either.

@Dolphin
Hope not, this looks like an early 360 game

which is okay because its a warriors game, but its not acceptable otherwise.
No Avatar
21 May 2014 21:28

MasterofMonster wrote:
metalpants wrote:Uh... are those screens real-time? They don't look it... at least compared to the trailer they showed last year.


Well, they have had a lot of time to work on it, so it is quite possible they have simply gotten the Graphics much better, depending on what was needing work when they first showed.


Not that I disagree with you since you can see signs that it's real-time by looking closely... but it seems like they used some Photoshop on 'em. The close-up shots look like the more detailed models used in real-time cutscenes (not the gameplay models), but the motion blur on the screenshot with Link on the battlefield seems Shopped...

That said, these screenshots are too low res to really make a decent deduction, so we'll see come E3 I suppose :P.
User avatar
21 May 2014 21:53

If these are ingame screens than it looks pretty good, can't imagine the Nintendo Zelda Wii U will look much better.

Hope not, this looks like an early 360 game


*Cough* Wii U *Cough*
User avatar
22 May 2014 21:12

KoffeeKing0407 wrote:
Cheesus wrote:Eeh...Zelda doesn't really fit with the whole 'giant boobs skimpy clothes' type of game.

Agreed. Honestly I'm really disappointed.

Um where have you guys been?

Image

lol people focus and whine about some ridiculous things sometimes
No Avatar
22 May 2014 21:37

HylianHeroLOZ wrote:
KoffeeKing0407 wrote:
Cheesus wrote:Eeh...Zelda doesn't really fit with the whole 'giant boobs skimpy clothes' type of game.

Agreed. Honestly I'm really disappointed.

Um where have you guys been?

lol people focus and whine about some ridiculous things sometimes


It's all about perspective, people remember Veran, but what comes to their mind when thinking about her is this

Image

Same with the N64 great fairies, they are supposedly gorgeous and almost naked, but the in-game graphics turned all that fanservice into inoffensive and somewhat cringeworthy polygons.
User avatar
22 May 2014 23:01

People really need to grow up in America. If you honestly think that human breasts are "offensive", then you have some serious issues, sorry to say. And FYI, the Zelda franchise, while not "gritty and super-violent", has never, not even on the NES, been a "for kids" franchise. It may be VIEWED as "family friendly" by some folks. But it was never expressly made that way. There has been dark and "mature" elements sprinkled (to varying degrees) in every single entry in the series, or close to it. There have been boobs, there have been deaths, blood, messed up situations, bad guys wanting to kill Link so they could spread his blood across the land to resurrect Ganon. You NAME it.

So folks seriously need to just get over this "OMG I'm SO disappointed about bewbs, they scare me!" nonsense. And in a game that isn't even a main Zelda franchise entry, no less. *sigh*


P.S. Adult-form Midna says hi. 8)
User avatar
22 May 2014 23:35

KoffeeKing0407 wrote:
Your attacks are baseless and I kinda get the feeling that you just want to talk just to talk. Not everything was left in Sakamoto's charge. AND YES, I said those chumps that screwed up Other M. A PERSONAL OPINION. You really come off as one of those online types that like to be a "know-it-all" as if they have something to prove. You know, one of those that feels the need to comment on everything... You know what they say opinions are like right? If you don't, ask someone. Anyway I'm gonna go and spend some time with my children rather than sit here and feed ya.... Go drop your endless knowledge on someone else because quite frankly I'm done with you.


I rewrote my post and trimmed pretty much 90% of that stuff out, because I realize discussing it with you is ridiculous.

Point was just your baseless hostility toward a game that Team Ninja isn't even actually making.

It was confirmed that they are just PROGRAMMING one-on-one fights. Even if they mess that up, this is the type of game that barely has those. So, good for you hating on nothing.

Crow wrote:@MoldyClay
...why assume people dislike other m because of its story, not its gameplay?

The gameplay wasnt so hot either.


Because that's all anyone talks about. Samus's portrayal and the story. Maybe the FPS controls, but I don't recall if Sakamoto or TN were behind that, but that's far less mentioned.

I was just speaking in general. It was an assumption, but based on context.
User avatar
22 May 2014 23:58

Devil_Rising wrote:People really need to grow up in America. If you honestly think that human breasts are "offensive", then you have some serious issues, sorry to say. And FYI, the Zelda franchise, while not "gritty and super-violent", has never, not even on the NES, been a "for kids" franchise. It may be VIEWED as "family friendly" by some folks. But it was never expressly made that way. There has been dark and "mature" elements sprinkled (to varying degrees) in every single entry in the series, or close to it. There have been boobs, there have been deaths, blood, messed up situations, bad guys wanting to kill Link so they could spread his blood across the land to resurrect Ganon. You NAME it.

So folks seriously need to just get over this "OMG I'm SO disappointed about bewbs, they scare me!" nonsense. And in a game that isn't even a main Zelda franchise entry, no less. *sigh*


P.S. Adult-form Midna says hi. 8)


Damn right, it's funny how USAers find anything related to Sex very offensive, "zomg tomodachi life don't feature gay marriage", "hurr fake girl gamer durr, it", "that women is showing her ancles what a slut, she's a bad example for children, she's the victim of machism".

But things like violence are pretty OK, they are the biggest Violent FPS buyers, you can feature decapitations, torture, the awfulness of war, but they have fun doing it, it's because of them CoD is so popular.

I'm not attacking them, because that's a problem too, they take the internet too seriously.
User avatar
23 May 2014 00:13

@Devil_Rising
@Dinosaur Rex

Why are you guys only blaming americans?

Theres really no reason to take that kind of stance, when only a few nuts dont reflect everyone, let alone a whole nation.
No Avatar
23 May 2014 00:44

HylianHeroLOZ wrote:@Devil_Rising
@Dinosaur Rex

Why are you guys only blaming americans?

Theres really no reason to take that kind of stance, when only a few nuts dont reflect everyone, let alone a whole nation.


Because Americans have established a rep as being very sex-scared; like how R-ratings are more due to sexual content than violence. Heck, the worst swear words to Americans are ones with sexual connotations. It gives the impressions of being in a constant state of sexual fear; like they'll catch cooties if confronted with sexuality.
User avatar
23 May 2014 01:01

Aiddon wrote:
HylianHeroLOZ wrote:@Devil_Rising
@Dinosaur Rex

Why are you guys only blaming americans?

Theres really no reason to take that kind of stance, when only a few nuts dont reflect everyone, let alone a whole nation.


Because Americans have established a rep as being very sex-scared; like how R-ratings are more due to sexual content than violence. Heck, the worst swear words to Americans are ones with sexual connotations. It gives the impressions of being in a constant state of sexual fear; like they'll catch cooties if confronted with sexuality.

Doesnt mean they should be singled out for it, dont generalize, it comes off like your looking down on US for something that is not representative of everyone.
No Avatar
23 May 2014 01:25

Aiddon wrote:
HylianHeroLOZ wrote:@Devil_Rising
@Dinosaur Rex

Why are you guys only blaming americans?

Theres really no reason to take that kind of stance, when only a few nuts dont reflect everyone, let alone a whole nation.


Because Americans have established a rep as being very sex-scared; like how R-ratings are more due to sexual content than violence. Heck, the worst swear words to Americans are ones with sexual connotations. It gives the impressions of being in a constant state of sexual fear; like they'll catch cooties if confronted with sexuality.


I don't think it wise to act like sex is some kind of casual topic that could be brought up anywhere at any time. Not everybody likes to take part in indecent subjects just like not everybody likes to be squeaky clean. If you respect other people's stance on the matter, they respect yours. Simple as that.

America is that way because there's a ton of families here. It should be no surprise. And since it's Nintendo we're talking about here, it's obvious that this would cause a bit of a tumult within the typical consumer. That said, yeah, if they want the kids to play LoZ, they can go for WW and ALBW and so forth. But I don't think there's anything wrong with pointing out something that may cause a problem or two in a "G-rated" environment, like many American households. It's very likely that nothing would come out of it since the game isn't really geared towards kids... so yeah. Nothing to see here.
User avatar
23 May 2014 02:50

1. Not all American households are prude enough to think that their kids seeing a bit of *gasp* cleavage, is a big deal at all. I know I sure wouldn't. I'd be far more upset/worried about my kids seeing the kinds of casual/graphic/horrific killing and violence that they show all the time now on network TV. It's hilarious to me that there are people who actually seem to think, psychologically speaking, that seeing the human body in it's natural state, is somehow going to be more traumatizing to a child's mind than to see horrific violence, torture, atrocity, mutilation, and murder. Fact of the matter is, nudity shouldn't even be considered "traumatizing" at all. We're born naked for sh*t's sake. That doesn't mean we as a society should have rampant, flagrant nudity, much less sexuality, presented all over the place. But on the other hand, the sheer level to which some people seem legitimately SCARED of nudity and sexuality, is actually rather psychotic, clinically speaking. If I ever have children, and it ever comes down to a question of what would I work harder to protect my kids from seeing/hearing: "swear" words and nudity, or graphic violence, war, and killing? It's gonna be the latter every time. The mere fact that we raise our kids with this whitewashed notion that war and killing are "okay", is downright frightening. But no, don't ever let the poor wee babes hear the "F-word", or see some cleavage, that'll mess 'em up for life.

2. While I am American, I'm sorry, making the statement that "There are tons of families here".....? What is that supposed to even imply? There are literally "tons of families" in EVERY single nation on the face of the earth. Everywhere you find people, anywhere, you're going to find families. And most families, everywhere, are going to have astonishingly similar basic "family values". So I really fail to see the point in mentioning that. America doesn't have more families, per capita, than any other nation. The family is the basic, nucleic building block of human society...any society, anywhere. And in spite of what some seem to think, we certainly don't have a monopoly on "being family people". In fact, in many cases, you could argue it's quite the opposite. But I digress.

3. Like I said before, Zelda has had it's share of "sexy women" in the past, and this isn't even a real Zelda game. It's a "no-countsies" spin-off by another company. And it's a battle/war game where the whole point is to completely wipe out (see: kill, murder, destroy) the opposing armies. So again I ask, how is killing hundreds/thousands of enemies "family friendly", but a chick with some big tits and cleavage showing isn't? I just don't see it. Ultimately, this is a silly discussion, if you ask me, as it's one of single biggest non-issues to come along in AWHILE. But I still just don't see it.
User avatar
23 May 2014 03:02

MoldyClay wrote:Maybe the FPS controls, but I don't recall if Sakamoto or TN were behind that, but that's far less mentioned.
Sakamoto did require that only the Wiimote be used, sans Nuncuck, so the controls were Team Ninja trying to work around that [strange] restriction.

Moving on to the topic at hand...are we really arguing over violence and sex in American culture? Really? Is it now impossible for us to go a week without getting into debates involving cultural issues and such? At the end of the day, yes, Shia is sexy. What does that mean, realistically? Hyrule Warriors will end up on store shelves with a T rating and a note of "Suggestive Themes" to go along with the notes of fantasy violence and animated blood.
User avatar
23 May 2014 03:04

metalpants wrote:

I don't think it wise to act like sex is some kind of casual topic that could be brought up anywhere at any time. Not everybody likes to take part in indecent subjects just like not everybody likes to be squeaky clean. If you respect other people's stance on the matter, they respect yours. Simple as that.


Uh no, in my country sex is what sells, everything has to have a sexy touch to sell, from lingerie which is a given to Paint, but, there's a thing called consideration, girls don't go around flashing their boobs, or guys molest girls just because we ar exposed to that all the time, sure, there are some bad seeds just as there are bad seeds everywhere.

Now, even though violence due to drug-cartels is a problem, that's a problem to the government because many Narcos and Sicarios help their towns, drug cartels kill between themselves, they rarely hurt a civilian, but just take a look at USA, shootouts everywhere, scandals, people killing others due to a dispute, shooting themselves, shooting others, and many other terrible thigns that happen, from civilians to civilians, that's worse, so, yeah your first statement is right but with America being the subject, it's not wise to act like Violence is some kind of casual topic that could be brought up anywhere at any time.
No Avatar
23 May 2014 11:12

@Devil_Rising@Dinosaur Rex

I think you guys are reading too much into this. All I did was present the other side of the coin. Kids ask question about everything... especially things they don't need to know until the appropriate time. Nothing wrong with keeping certain things from them that they won't understand anyway until later. And if they come across it, then OK, you deal with it when you have to deal with it. But no need to bring it up if it's not necessary.

And naturally I didn't bring up the topic of violence because it should be obvious that I don't need to. I would treat it with the same care.

In the end my point is the same... some people like this stuff, others don't. If we can live with that, arguments like this one can be avoided.
User avatar
23 May 2014 20:05

You're right, they don't need to have "sexuality" put in their face. I agree. But at the same time, it doesn't really do them any service for some parents to demonize the human body. That, after all, is why those same kids grow up feeling like their own body is something to be ashamed of, when it's not. That very notion is absurd. That's all I was saying.
No Avatar
23 May 2014 23:51

I agree. I would switch "shame" for "respect" if/when I raise kids. And I would approach that fear issue with tact. No reason to make it seem like taboo when there's no avoiding it essentially.
User avatar
24 May 2014 16:57

I think people need to realize that the cleavage thing isn't as big of a deal as they are making it.

Aside from the fact that they're going to see it regardless, even if it's not via Hyrule Warriors, this isn't something new in Zelda and it has been weirder or worse in the past and telling them "that's okay, they're fairies" doesn't really make it different.

I could keep writing about this, but the subject is done to death on why nudity is completely irrelevant and the fact this isn't even nudity.

The only way the cleavage actually becomes sexual is if you make it. Even if it is intended that way (as a cheap way to get Link via darkness), you're the one running with it.

Literally, the only thing I thought of when I saw Cia was a laugh because it was obvious influence from Team Ninja. I don't like her costume in general (outside of the Meg reference), but the cleavage has nothing to do with that. It just looks stupid/impractical (because it is missing sleeves/pant legs/etc) and a stupid way to imply she changed to evil (comparing to her non-evil silhouette from the chibi art). I would feel the same way if it was a male character.

The only reason the breasts even come to mind with her is because immature, and prudish (not saying they are the same, but can be), people are drawing attention to it, and because of, I think two of the screens.

View the full discussion!

Quickie Search

"Advanced" Search

Anti-social Tendencies

Advertisements

RSS feed trough

News Feed
Top Stories
Console News
Portables News
Podcast Feed
GoNintendo Radio Feed
Twitter Feed

Affiliates + Friends

Destructoid
Gamersyde
Modojo
TheBitBlock
Anime Your Way