Baten Kaitos I & II HD Remaster's framerate, resolution, Quality of Life features and more detailed
A better experience overall
Bandai Namco has shared a few more tidbits about the Baten Kaitos I & II HD Remaster that was revealed during today’s Nintendo Direct. These details give you a good idea of what’s going into this collection and how it will differ from the original releases.
- the goal is to deliver the story of Baten Kaitos in a way that is more accessible
- the devs also want to stay true to the GameCube version
- features upgraded graphics, improved usability, and quality of life improvements
- improved UI and graphics for the main characters and objects in the field
- frame rate stabilization at 30 fps
- encounters-off, auto-battle, skip cutscenes, and auto-save
- no additional content for this title, but there is also no deleted content either
- improved aspect ratios
- Japanese voiceover
- Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean supports Japanese, English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, and Korean
- Baten Kaitos Origins supports Japanese, English, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, and Korean
- TV Mode at 1920x1080 (*works at up to 2K resolution)
Number of Saved Data:
- Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean: 30
- Baten Kaitos Origins: 30
Hmmm...the lack of any mention of English Voice Acting is a bit concerning. I wonder if this was a decision to make the end product "better"? I know a lot of people really didn't appreciate the VA in the first one, but I think that was part of it's charm.
In any case, BKO had a better VA experience. Something's off about not listing this, so I hope it's a typo or something that's still being explored in development.
I'm so happy right now I don't even know what to say.
I thought the japanese VO was meant as a bonus?
I'm also a bit at a loss for the encounters-off and auto-battle options. Aren't you too weak to defeat enemies this way or does auto-battle mean you automatically win every fight?
maybe! i hope that's the case, but don't know why they wouldn't show off the English VA if it was kept in the game. either it's cut or still in development?
I agree the text here is not very clear but I'm pretty sure japanese voiceover means it is here on top of the English one for those who would prefer it over the original. I mean it was horrendous. I know I personally deactivated it as it really was that bad.
Also most of the time the encounters off option means no enemies on the map at all which is going to be great especially in the first game for a certain side quest. The auto battle option usually means characters fight on their own at normal speed. I don't see any mention of an option that would allow us to speed up the process so I wouldn't count on it. That being said, this is baten kaitos we're talking about and the fighting system is great and the important option there is to be able to skip combat entirely if you don't want to fight. On the other hand if you do want to fight for xp and such, then you would typically want to actively participate in battles as they are actually just fun to play.