Wondering how the Switch held up in Japan this week? Switch titles made up 7 of the top 10 best-selling software list. Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe took first place for the third week in a row. The Switch version of Koei Tecmo’s Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse debuted in fourth. Indie horror game Ib saw release, landing itself sixth place. Square Enix’s Octopath Traveler II has fallen down to tenth. As for the rest of the charts, it’s quite standard, with top-selling titles like Pokémon Scarlet/Violet, Splatoon 3, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe making their usual appearance.
As for hardware, Sony’s PlayStation 5 managed to take the top spot for the eighth week in a row. This is followed by the Switch OLED in second. PlayStation 5 Digital Edition placed in third, and the Switch and the Switch Lite took fourth and fifth place respectively.
Check out the full rundown for software and hardware for Mar. 6th to Mar. 12th, 2023 below!
Software Sales (followed by lifetime sales)
- [NSW] Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe – 32,132 (283,744)
- [NSW] Pokemon Scarlet / Pokemon Violet – 20,889 (4,929,287)
- [NSW] Splatoon 3 – 15,861 (3,934,627)
- [NSW] Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse – 10,712 (NEW)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 10,430 (5,194,090)
- [NSW] Ib – 9,080 (NEW)
- [PS4] Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse – 9,031 (NEW)
- [PS5] Hogwarts Legacy – 9,017 (148,552)
- [PS5] Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty – 8,411 (38,543)
- [NSW] Octopath Traveler II – 7,739 (75,819)
Hardware Sales (followed by lifetime sales)
- PlayStation 5 – 51,510 (2,689,527)
- Switch OLED Model – 37,373 (4,035,179)
- PlayStation 5 Digital Edition – 13,359 (432,454)
- Switch – 12,354 (19,221,323)
- Switch Lite – 10,174 (5,243,115)
- Xbox Series X – 2,729 (182,438)
- PlayStation 4 – 1,602 (7,859,428)
- Xbox Series S – 158 (250,599)
- New 2DS LL (including 2DS) – 97 (1,190,855)
Notice that PS5 sales are beginning to decline. If you combine both PS5 versions and the three Switch units, that means that its only 5K ahead of the Switch compared to previous weeks.
I guess everyone who wanted to play Hogwarts Legacy without having to wait already has a PS5 now.
Man that's sad...if those amount are only what equate to the interest of PS5 in general, then the future is really going to be hybrid.
I was pretty sure that Switch sales kept going higher and higher each month ever since it got released.