Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom and Metroid Prime Remastered top Metacritic's 'Best Video Games of 2023 So Far'
It's been a good six months!
We’ve just crossed the midpoint of 2023, and there have already been some seriously great games released. To commemorate the past six months, video game review aggregate site Metacritic has released a list of their top 20 highest ratest games of 2023 so far.
At the very top of the list are two Switch games: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom and Metroid Prime Remastered. These games definitely deserve the love, and demonstrate that classic Nintendo franchises still have staying power when it comes to critical reviews. Other Switch titles on the list include Theatrhythm Final Bar Line and Paranormasight: The Seven Mysteries of Honjo.
See below for the full list, along with their current Metacritic scores:
- The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Switch) – 96
- Metroid Prime Remastered (Switch) – 94
- Resident Evil 4 remake (PS5) – 93
- Street Fighter 6 (PS5) – 92
- Dead Space (PS5) – 89
- Final Fantasy XVI (PS5) – 88
- Theatrhythm Final Bar Line (Switch) – 87
- Hi-Fi Rush (Xbox Series X) – 87
- Diablo IV (PC) – 87
- Star Wars Jedi: Survivor (PS5) – 85
- Paranormasight: The Seven Mysteries of Honjo (Switch) – 85
- Humanity (PS5) – 85
- A Space For The Unbound (Switch) – 85
- Octopath Traveler II (Switch) – 84
- The Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog (PC) – 84
- Hogwarts Legacy (PS5) – 84
- Cassette Beasts (PC) – 84
- Labyrinth of Galleria: The Moon Society (Switch) – 83
- Age of Wonders 4 (PC) – 83
- Doomblade (PC) – 83