Switch eShop file size round-up for April 22nd, 2022
A look at the next week's worth of games
If you’re a digital-only game purchaser on Switch, space is constantly at a premium. You’ve probably got a few microSD cards at the ready, but it’s still handy to know file sizes for upcoming games. That’s exactly what you’ll get from the list below! See if there’s anything you plan on adding to your collection, then figure out if you’ve got the space for it!
The following games are releasing between April 23rd and April 30th, 2022.
- Zombie Army 4 (6 GB)
- The Serpent Rogue (1.1 GB)
- Abyss Memory (1.5 GB)
- The SorrowVirus: A Short Story (3.3 GB)
- The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe (1.7 GB)
- Transiruby (154 MB)
- ROOM (614 MB)
- Light Fairytale: Ep. 1 (392 MB)
- Marco & the Galaxy Dragon (4.7 GB)
- OshiRabu: Waifus Over Husbandos - Love or Die (1.4 GB)
- Parkasaurs (275 MB)
- As Far As The Eye (348 MB)
- Tasomachi: Behind the Twilight (1.5 GB)
- Whisper Trip (5.2 GB)
- Aria Chronicle - Necroknight Amazon Bundle (558 MB)
- Gems of Magic: Dwarf’s Destiny (231 MB)
- Turn Tack (1.3 GB)
- Panmorphia Awakening (277 MB)
- Let’s Get Changed!~Nyanzou & Kumakichi: Escape Game (354 MB)
- Bunny Reversi (430 MB)
- Bugsnax (5.4 GB)
- Layer Section & Galactic Attack S-Tribute (597 MB)
- Cricket 22 (13.2 GB)
- Waifu Impact (574 MB)
- Arise: A Simple Story - Definitive Edition (3.5 GB)
- New Terra (2.7 GB)
- Raven’s Hike (68 MB)
- Lost Bubbles: Sweet Mates (1.1 GB)
- Marble Maid (180 MB)
- Get Packed: Couch Chaos (1.6 GB)
- Watcher Chronicles (1.4 GB)
- Ping Pong Arcade (2.6 GB)
- Nintendo Switch Sports (1.4 GB)
- Cardful Planning (61 MB)
- West Water (1.8 GB)
- Ravenous Devils (887 MB)
- Party Bundle: Ludomania, Flowlines Vs, 2048 (937 MB)
- Feral Flowers! (130 MB)
- Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom (511 MB)
- Dandy and Randy DX (195 MB)
- Nonogram Minimal (261 MB)
Nintendo Switch Sports is 1.4GB are you kidding me?! What decade is this again?
You brought up an interesting discrepancy. The Nintendo.com listing shows the game as 3 GB, but the Switch eShop listing says 1.4 GB. Nintendo.com says 'game file size,' while the Switch eShop sales 'required space.' I wonder if the listing is a mistake, or if there's that big of a difference between the space needed to download the space actually taken up after installation.
If Nintendo Switch Sports really is 1.4GB, it could fit on a Gamecube disc. It seems rather small, but then the original Wii Sports was 0.3GB and Wii Sports Resort(which had far more content than the original and this game) was 0.85GB. And Nintendo are really good with their compression techniques these days, so maybe it's possible. I checked the Nintendo UK page just now and it says it's download size is 1.526GB.
The game will expand when Golf is added, and I don't think that will the only addition.
Looking at some of the other listings file sizes I seen Raven's Hike at 68GB, 🤨. Checked turns out it's a typo, it's 68MB.
And then Waifu Impact at 574 GB, 😳. Though I can't find it on Nintendo's site, it clearly must be another typo. Could you imagine if it was that size?
That would make for a lot of… detail. I’m sure some folks would dedicate a special 1TB card just to play it though ;)