Switch file size round-up (Fire Emblem Engage, Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe, and more)
Sizing up the competition
After Nintendo’s Direct last week, we learned about a bunch of titles heading to the Switch in the near future. Wondering how much space those games will take up? The Switch eShop has already been updated with file sizes for most of the announcements, along with sizes for games releasing in the near future. Check out the latest round-up below.
- Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion – 16.1GB
- Fire Emblem Engage – 15.0GB
- It Takes Two – 9.5GB
- Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song Remastered – 9.2GB
- Theatrhythm Final Bar Line – 6.8GB
- Sifu – 6.8GB
- Q.U.B.E. 10th Anniversary – 6.4GB
- Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe – 6.0GB
- Railgrade – 3.3GB
- Brewmaster: Beer Brewing Simulator – 2.9GB
- Tunic – 2.8GB
- Aeterna Noctis – 2.5GB
- Drift King – 2.0GB
- Endless Memories – 1.5GB
- Factorio – 1.4GB
- Warhammer 40,000: Shootas, Blood & Teef – 1.4GB
- Martian Panic – 1.3GB
- Tip Top: Don’t fall! – 1.1GB
- SpiderHeck – 1.0GB
- CoComelon: Play with JJ – 1.0GB
- Moncage – 954MB
- Shirone: the Dragon Girl – 948MB
- The Spirit and the Mouse – 862MB
- Draw and Color: Kawaii – 825MB
- Alter World – 657MB
- Funtasia – 517MB
- Camped Out! – 475MB
- Splatter – Zombiecalypse Now – 451MB
- Treasures of The Roman Empire – 397MB
- Learn & Play: Dino Coloring – 358MB
- Extinction Eclipse – 348MB
- Otoko Cross: Pretty Boys Mahjong Solitaire – 340MB
- Classic Games Collection Vol.2 – 323MB
- Advent Calendar – 284MB
- SLICE – 211MB
- Escape Goat – 177MB
- Cthulhu pub – 89MB
- Clock Maker: My Clock – ver. digital (with timer) – 88MB
- Car Mechanic Pinball – 70MB
- Roar of Revenge – 67MB
- Forest Pop – 65MB
- Guardian Tales – 57MB
Fire Emblem Engage is one chonky boy
I guess that's what happens when you cram in so many classic characters!
i never thought i'd be running out of space with a 400 GB sd card for my Switch but...here we are. Now i just need to decide if a 512 will be enough to hold me over since they're really affordable right now, or if i need to wait until 1 TB sd cards drop to a less outrageous price...
I got a 1 TB card for ~120 € on an Amazon Prime Day recently and I do not regret it one bit.
The Switch is here to stay (at least for 2-3 more years) so you should really consider going for 1 TB too.
I fear that at least Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion will have a forced download. Hopefully only 100 MB but this IS SE we're talking about...
How many of these will get complete physical releases? We know It Takes Two has a botched physical release. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion is 16.1GB, and Square Enix have cheaped out so many times on Switch, that's bound to be another one.