- Unique visuals and soundtrack
- Great for quick bursts of play
- Simple gameplay hooks that keep you coming back
- An element of mystery and intrigue to gameplay mechanics
- Might turn off some players with its difficulty early on
- Lack of specifically-defined mechanics/features could confuse
There are plenty of fantastic indie titles on the Switch, and GoNNER is yet another one to add to the list. The simple run/gun/jump approach is expertly crafted, and when you add in the randomly generated stages, you get a gameplay loop you'll find hard to pull yourself away from. There's certainly some challenge here, which can seem a bit daunting at first. As long as you're willing to learn as you go and can handle not being spoon-fed information, you should find plenty to enjoy here.