- excellent Metroidvania-style gameplay
- sprawling world to explore
- spot-on controls
- item upgrades and new abilities keep the game feeling fresh
- wonderful soundtrack
- plenty of goodies to hunt down
- multiple options and methods to tweak the game to your play-style
- extremely tough to put down
- I cannot think of a single thing that irks me
While SteamWorld Dig was an amazing experience, SteamWorld Dig 2 manages to outclass it in every conceivable way. The gameplay is more varied. The game world is much bigger. The storyline is more intriguing. The gameplay mechanics are as addictive as ever, but with all-new abilities and upgrades. I honestly struggled for a good 15 minutes trying to think of a single complaint I had, and came up with nothing.
As far as Metroidvania experiences go, this could very well be the best one out there. Image & Form have created their best title to date, and that's saying a lot when you consider their pedigree thus far. SteamWorld Dig 2 is not to be missed. If you own a Switch, SteamWorld Dig 2 is a must-have title. Get ready to fall in love.