You can watch the live presentation above, and we'll be providing written coverage of whatever is discussed below. Let's hope it's an exciting event!
- Simon Belmont is confirmed as playable
- Richter Belmont has been confirmed as playable
Simon's main weapon is his whip, the Vampire Killer. He can move the whip freely. His special attacks are the axe, cross, holy water, and uppercut. His final smash is called the Grand Cross and involves a coffin.
Dracula's Castle is a new stage. It features candle sticks that have items. Bosses from the Castlevania series are included in the stage. The stage will include 30 new and classic songs. Sometimes Dracula will appear in the stage and will attack everyone.
- Alucard will appear as an assist trophy, and is very similar to how he appears in Symphony of the Night.
- Richter Belmont is an echo fighter based on Simon. He has a different look, voice, and animation.
- Chrom and Dark Samus have been revealed as Echo Fighters
- The character select screen lets you display all echo fighters individually, or stack them on icons for the characters they echo.
- Pokemon Stadium, Garden of Hope, Brinstar Depths, Summit, Unova Pokemon League, Magicant, Gamer, Final Destination are all returning
- New Donk City Hall is revealed as a brand-new stage
- The total number of stages as of right now is 103. All stages are available from the start and can be played with 8 players. The order of the stages is the order in which they were originally revealed.
- You can pick two stages and have the game automatically morph between stages as you play
- My Music lets you pick specific tracks for each stage. Tracks are organized by series.
- There are more than 800 music tracks in the game. If you count music and fanfare, the number goes up to 900. There's more than 28 hours of music. There will be Sound Test option as well, and you can create your own playlist. In handheld mode, you can play music with the screen off to just listen/enjoy the music.
- Create your own ruleset to automatically start off each game the same way. Stamina battles included as well. Stage selection comes before fighter selection. You can let the last battle's loser pick the stage if you want. Chargeable Final Smashes are now an option. Fill your meter up to use a weaker Final Smash.
- Battle Mode now has Squad Strike, which is a 3 on 3 or 5 on 5 elimination-style battle.
- Tourney Mode lets you choose the number of players/CPU participants for a bracket. Supports up to 32 players.
Smashdown Mode removes fighters after they've been used once, whittling down your choices for subsequent rounds.
Training Mode features an exclusive stage that features a grid. It can also display launch distance.
Classic Mode single player is returning where each fighter has a set series of stages/opponents
New items: Banana Gun, Killing Edge, Bomber, Death's Scythe, Staff, Ramblin' Evil Mushroom, Rage Blaster
New Pokemon from Pokeballs: Alolan Exeggutor, Abra, Solgaleo, Lunala, Mimikyu, Pyukumuku, Vulpix and Alolan Vulpix, Marshadow, Ditto
New Assist Trophies: Zero, Knuckles, Krystal, Klaptrap, Kapp'n, Chef Kawasaki, Gray Fox, Nikki, Shovel Knight, Moon from Majora's Mask, and Rathaloss (can also be a stage boss)
- King K. Rool is playable in Smash Bros. Ultimate! There's also a new Donkey Kong Country-style stage.