Details on Monster Hunter Rise's maps, framerate, monster variety, post-launch content and more, plus info on Japan's "Hunting Buddy Pack"
Monster Hunter Rise was revealed just two days ago, yet new info continues to pour in. Check out a summary of overall gameplay details below, courtesy an Arekkz interview.
- players and monsters can move seamlessly between areas without any loading screens
- maps will have more verticality to them
- there will be other creatures outside of monsters that inhabit the landscape
- there will be a broad variety of monster types
- Palamutes (K9 companions) can be customized for each other, and they have a number of offensive moves
- there will be post-launch support with free content and more
- targeting 30fps
Along with that, we found out some news that appears to be just for Japanese audiences right now. Over in Japan, there will be a Monster Hunter Rise 'hunting buddy pack' that is priced at $140. This version of the game includes 1 physical copy, 1 digital copy, double the limited edition perks, and a special hunting duo pack with useful items like 80 mega potions, traps, lifepowders, etc.. Obviously this option is being offered for those who have a friend that is just as excited about Monster Hunter Rise as they are.