After 5 years of touring, it looks like The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses might be calling it a day. As of right now, there are no shows planned for 2018. A representative for the show said it's not confirmed that there won't be any shows at all in 2018, but nothing is in the works yet. The team behind the show is taking a much-deserved rest.
This post will be updated with any Nintendo-relevant news from the show.
- Metroid: Samus Returns wins best handheld game
- Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus wins best action game
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Champion's Ballad DLC available tonight!
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle wins best strategy game
- Super Mario Odyssey wins Best Family Game
- Bayonetta 1 & 2 coming to Switch on Feb. 16th, both retail and eShop
- Bayonetta 3 in development now, exclusive to Switch
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild wins best game direction, and best action/adventure
Donna Burke has provided voicework and music for all sorts of video games. She's been involved with the Metal Gear franchise, F-Zero, and many more. As you can see in the Tweet above, Ms. Burke is working on something with Nintendo once again. There's no details on what game she's providing content for, so let your minds run wild!
Looks like Level-5 might have another push for Yo-Kai Watch on the way. The next issue of Famitsu teases something in the way of a new Yo-Kai Watch game, but no other details are given. This refers to the issue of Famitsu due out next week, not the one hitting Japan tomorrow. We have a whole week to dig up some info and see what's going on!
Looks like Nintendo fans will have a reason to watch The Game Awards 2017. Nintendo's official Twitter account is reminding fans to check out the Game Awards later this week. Now they didn't say anything official about a reveal or new details on existing games, but with this tweet, it seems like something is up.
- scheduled to open at Nihonbashi, Tokyo in March 2018
- SLD Inc. is responsible for developing the menu of Pokemon Cafe
- they will be working together with The Pokemon Company on the Pokemon Cafe’s concept and other aspects
- SLD Inc. was chosen due to its past expertise in developing anime and character cafes
- planned to open on March 14, 2018, the same day Pokemon Center Tokyo DX opens its doors to the public
- operating hours are 10:30am to 10pm daily
- will have seating space for up to 140 people
- Nintendo came in third place overall
- 23 commercials aired over 6,100 times and racked up over 1 billion impressions
- most-seen ad was “Super Mario Odyssey: Jump Up, Super Star!” with 189.3 million impressions
- ads were aired mostly on Disney Channel, Nick, and MTV
- ads were aired mostly during SpongeBob SquarePants, NBA basketball, and The Loud House
Retro has been so quiet for so long. They're definitely working on something for Switch, but we don't know what! How long is Nintendo going to make us wait to find out?!