Could a sequel to Persona Q be in the works? While Atlus hasn't made any official announcements, some internet snoopers found something interesting. The domain pq2.jp is now on the nameservers Atlus uses for their websites. Why bother doing that if there's not something to announce for the series? Now let's seen if this bit of fan sleuthing turns out to be spot-on.
July 27 – They say that whoever reaches the top of the colossal Yggdrasil will have their greatest wish fulfilled. So what's so hard about hiking up a tree? Well, besides being a gigantic labyrinth, the Yggrasil is home to many nightmarish creepy crawlies and terrifying FOEs just waiting for a tasty treat to come waltzing by. But don't let that dampen your adventurous spirit because the Etrian Odyssey V contains a treasure that will strengthen your resolve!
Here's what you'll get when you pre-order or otherwise grab The Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond The Myth: the 24-Page Art Book - Beautiful character art and concept sketches by the illustrious Yuji Himukai cover the pages of this magnificent art book. The unique explorers that will fill up your party are a wonder to behold.
And that's not all! Learn about the armoured Dragoon in our new trailer. One of the four classes for the Earthlain race, the Dragoon is all about soaking up damage and dishing out the heavy artillery with their hand cannon. They'll need to rely on protecting the party from various attacks with different guard stances and is the first line of defence against all the hostile creates roaming around the Yggdrasil. As Dragoons level up, they can choose between a Master form that emphasizes strong defence or one that focuses on offensive capabilities.
Watch the Dragoon in action here https://youtu.be/A_-nejHagLs
The Bufu Boyz are back and ready to celebrate the 10-year anniversary of the Etrian series! ATLUS' own Will and EJ will be streaming various Etrian games every Friday starting July 28 at 23:00 BST / 15:00 PT. This will all lead to the EOV streaming event on September 15. Tune in for your chance to win some prizes and help them navigate perilous dungeons!
ATLUS Twitch Channel https://www.twitch.tv/atlususa
Oh, and the full website is now live! Check it out here: http://atlus.com/etrian5/
- reincarnated monsters are monsters who have lived long and whose appearance has changed
- they are a rare encounter, and thus may also drop rare items
- reincarnated monsters pictured in the magazine include the violent panda, golden cone, heart knight, and cactus gold
- there are quests that task players with defeating reincarnated monsters
- the masked man seen on the cover art and in the trailers is confirmed as a compatriot of van Zieks
- the masked man and van Zieks are attacked by a mysterious group
- despite the masked man's skill, he has no recollection of his name or past, and nobody has seen his face
- roughly 30 hours to finish the game
- Nuri was the one to come up with the World's Fair theme, since he was tired of always drawing small locked rooms as murder scenes.
- Thomas Romain (who also worked on DGS1) designed several aspects of the World's Fair due to his history with mecha designs.
- Romain was also a big help in designing various London areas because he came from Europe.
- Takumi wanted to write cases that could _only_ happen in 19th-century London.
- Takumi had the general plot for the series outlined since DGS1, but writing DGS2 still took longer than expected. He'd hoped to finish the scenario before proper development began but instead went back and forth with the development team.
- As before, Takumi wanted to make a game that felt distinct from the original trilogy but also lived up to it. When discussing the scenario with his team, he would often take their guesses on where the story would wind up as a kind of challenge and strive to make the plot even better than they thought.
- The team was a little surprised by how popular Asougi was, but this time they feel all the main characters get spotlights and development a bit more evenly.
- Takumi enjoys the Holmes stories by Robert L. Fish for showing a Holmes who can be a bit nonsensical. He also recommends the first batch of Doyle's Holmes stories.
- Takumi's never been to London (though he asked if the team could go for, uh, "research".) Nuri visited once as a student. Eshiro went several times while working on DmC: Devil May Cry.
- Takumi recommends Asougi's fans play the Asougi Asinine Attorney mini-case... and van Zieks' play the Holmes mini-case.
Pokémon Shuffle Mobile is two years old, and as part of the special occasion, a variety of new in-game bonuses and goodies are on the way! To kick off the celebration, players can now receive a Shiny version of the Pokémon Tyranitar as a Log-in Bonus and can use this Pokémon straight away in a new ranked event. More Alolan Pokémon will be making their way to Pokémon Shuffle Mobile with Tapu Koko (from August 1) and Tapu Lele (from August 15) appearing for the first time to take on in Ultra Challenges. In addition, daily challenges will be made available with Pokémon that appeared in a Great Challenge or in other special stages. Starting August 1, challenges will include extra chances to be rewarded with generous drops such as 3x Mega Speedups. All these goodies will be available in the iPhone, iPad and Android versions of Pokémon Shuffle Mobile as well as in the Nintendo 3DS version, Pokémon Shuffle.
While this game received a port to iOS, how in the world did it not get a sequel? Did it really not sell well on DS or iOS? Such a revolutionary RPG, and one that so many people seem to truly adore. Let's hope the franchise returns at some point.
Just as with other real-life items in the Pikmin series, amiibo get humorous descriptions when scanned into Hey! Pikmin. If you don't mind having some of these spoiled, you can check out a few more here.