LOS ANGELES, CA., February 28, 2019 — PM Studios and acttil are excited to announce their partnership with acclaimed Brazilian developer AQUIRIS to bring the arcade-style racer Horizon Chase Turbo to the retail market. The game will hit North American store shelves for both Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 this Spring.
Horizon Chase Turbo enjoyed a fantastic reception among critics and players so far, reaching its peak on Nintendo Switch, as it was the Best Racing Game of 2018 on the platform, with a Metascore of 82. This tribute to classic arcade racers is inspired by the greatest hits of the 80’s and 90’s, such as Out Run, Top Gear and the Rush racing series. Players will be able to relive that classic arcade gameplay as they master each racing circuit and blast your way past opponents at the speed of fun!
Featuring a fresh, stylized take on old-school 16-bit visuals, 4-player local multiplayer, over 100 tracks spread across dozens of locations, and a thumping soundtrack from industry legend Barry Leitch, Horizon Chase Turbo is ready to take you for a ride! The game will keep receiving content updates on a bi-weekly basis during this whole year.
• Couch Multiplayer is Back – Sit down with family and friends for a night of adrenaline-pumping split-screen action!
• Lets you bring in up to 4 players to share a single screen, in any game mode! But be careful – out on the track, a friend can become an enemy in a flash!
• Select Your Style – Whether playing alone or with friends, you can travel the globe in World Tour mode, jump straight into intense driving action in Tournament mode, do your best to survive the harrowing test of Endurance mode, or go up against the ever-changing challenges of the all-new Playground mode!
• Always a New Challenge – The brand-new Playground mode serves up an ever-changing selection of races – time attacks, mirrored tracks, infinite nitro challenges, and even severe weather danger await for you! Compete against the best times of fellow racers and aim for the online leaderboard top 50! And who knows what the next season might bring...?
• 16-Bit Reinvented – Horizon Chase Turbo has a retro soul reincarnated in a stylish modern body. Take control of over 30 nitro-burning speedsters and experience dazzling sunsets, pounding rain, raging blizzards, blinding sandstorms, and even deadly volcanic eruptions!
• A Legendary Composer – Industry icon Barry Leitch is responsible for dozens of classic game soundtracks, including Lotus Turbo Challenge, Top Gear, and the Rush series. And now he’s returned to grace us with another heart-stopping set of arpeggios to get your blood pumping!
Learn about the Aquiris' story in this mini-documentary filmed by Sony Playstation.
Press and Players opinions on Horizon Chase Turbo.
"The game goes above and beyond to ensure it always feels fresh. The sense of speed is fantastic, everything runs at a silky smooth 60 frames per second in both TV and handheld mode. If you’ve been craving an arcade racer for your Switch, look no further. Horizon Chase Turbo is a hugely enjoyable love letter to a gaming era. An absolute must-have." 9/10 - Nintendo Life
"I had a hell of a time with Horizon Chase Turbo. Of all of the retro revival games that have come out over the past few years, it is near the top of my personal list of favourites. I can’t get enough of it." 8.5/10 - Destructoid
"This high-level slew of content, finesse and masterful, fast-paced racing, perfectly captures the true essence of any racing title. Anyone looking for a racer on the Nintendo Switch, should automatically consider this without any hesitation." Cubed3.com
"A thoroughly enjoyable arcade racer with an eye on the past, Horizon Chase Turbo does a commendable job of reinvigorating 90s arcade racing in a way that nobody else has really bothered to do." - PlayStation Universe
Thanks for playing our game and supporting us! -The Horizon Chase Turbo team.
Horizon Chase Turbo is standalone homage to classic 16-bit racing games that defined a generation of high-speed, frenetic arcade fun. The simple and tight controls paired with precision gameplay and detailed depth combine for a nostalgic experience for racing, arcade, retro and multiplayer fans young and old. Horizon Chase Turbo’s head-to-head split screen multiplayer and catchy contemporary chiptune-style music add to the game’s painterly aesthetic and competitive action.
“We created Horizon Chase Turbo to be the racing game we wanted to play, hitting the sweet spot between true-to-life simulators and chaotic, explosive kart racers,” said Aquiris Studio Game Designer, Felipe Dal Molin. “With Horizon Chase Turbo, we want players to feel the nostalgic tension of the simple tug-of-war of a tight turn; where players are run off-road for a split second only to return to intense high-speed action as they overtake and battle against friends playing together on the couch or via the online ghost mode.”
Aside from the modernly retro graphics, the split-screen couch multiplayer modes are among Turbo’s most defining features. All game modes, including the World Tour campaign, tournament and endurance challenges support local split screen multiplayer up to four players. Racers can compete in head-to-head races one at a time, or spend hours racing around the globe collecting coins to achieve the common goal of unlocking exotic vehicles and spinetingling tracks.
For more information, please visit www.horizonchaseturbo.com, and:
• Join the Horizon Chase community on Discord.
• Like Horizon Chase Turbo on Facebook
• Follow the Horizon Chase franchise on Twitter
• Follow the Horizon Chase franchise on Instagram.