- new Summoning Focus is now live: Ylissean Travelers. It features the following new Heroes: Sumia (Maid of Flowers), Libra (Fetching Friar), Maribelle (Dire Damsel), and Olivia (Sky-High Dancer). (available until August 10)
- new Story Chapter is now available: Book II, Chapter 11 – Prince of Ice. It includes the usual 5 maps (no end date)
- new set of Quests is now live: Prince of Ice (available until August 10th)
- second set of Daily Quests related to the latest Tempest Trials+ event is now live (available until July 25)
- new set of Daily Log-in Bonuses is now live: New Heroes Celebration. It allows you to get some Orbs every day, with the amount varying each day: 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 3 (13 Orbs in total) (available until August 3)
[Events] The 3rd Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt event is now live. (available until July 31st)
[Goals] A set of Timed Goals related to the latest Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt is now live: “Event Challenge” (available until July 31st)
[Shovelstrike Quarry] During the latest Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt, you can get sparkle jelly Gyroidite from the Shovelstrike Quarry (only when the icon is displayed) (available until July 31st)
The Ylissean Travelers lineup will include Libra, Maribelle, Sumia, and Olivia. This event kicks off Aug. 20th, 2018.
- more heroes from Fire Emblem Awakening are joining the game. Libra, Maribelle, Sumia, and Olivia were revealed. All are part of the Ylissean Travelers summoning event that begins Aug. 20th, 2018.
- Walhart will become your ally if you clear an upcoming grand hero battle. This battle starts at midnight on July 29th, 2018.
- Feh's Summer Celebration starts Aug. 2nd, 2018. It will include the following events.
- Login bonus: 2 orbs per day, max of 40 orbs
- 10 different reward maps starting Aug. 2nd, and they run for 10 days.
- Tempest Trials+ will include Marth, Tobin, Clive, Black Knight, Arden, and Joshua. Starts on Aug. 14th, 2018.
- Daily summoning events will include the following.
- Next version update will include Grand Quests changes such as the new feature, Rank and Army. Earn a score in each battle to determine your ranking. Earn hero feathers based on your ranking. Starting score for a conquered area will depend on how many areas have been conquered by an arm. Next Grand Conquest event starts Aug. 1st, 2018. 3 new weapons are coming to the weapon refinery. Alfonse's sword can be refined to gain more power when his HP is low, and it will make him extra effective against green foes. Sharena's weapon can be refined for increased speed and neutralizes foes attributes. Anna's weapon can be refined as well. On Aug. 14th a new tier will be added to the arena, called Great Summoner. This is a special tier for tier 20 summoners. This is for a limited amount of summoners and your name will be marked with a crown if you make it to this tier. You'll also get a different home screen. On Aug. 14th, earn 3 additional points for every enemy defeated with a bonus character.
- New Event: Forging Bonds. This is a new mode where you can grow closer to heroes by earning their friendship. Libra, Maribelle, Sumia, and Olivia will be part of the first round. Clear event stages to release heroes' feelings. Gather them up to become friends. 3 difficulty options: beginner, intermediate, and advanced. The higher the difficulty, the more friendship points. Enemies drop treasure chests with heart orbs to increase bonds with allies. Clear a map to increase friendship with one hero. Raise friendship scores to earn different rewards. Build friendships to have the character talk to you about how they're feeling. There are conversations you can have with all four heroes at once if you increase relationships enough. Equip accessories on your team to boost the amount of friendship points. Earn special accessories as event rewards. Sometimes heroes are in a good mood, which lets you earn points faster. First round kicks off July 23rd, 2018 at midnight and lasts 14 days. Earn one orb the first time to clear an event stage every day. Everyone gets 20 orbs as a present to celebrate the first round. Log in between July 23rd and Aug. 5th to get your orbs.
A 51-year-old man in Japan has been arrested for stalking. His supposed target was a 33-year-old woman, but the man claims he wasn't stalking at all.
The woman caught the alleged stalker walking around outside her house via security camera. He had been making regular trips between May and June of 2018.
Here's the real kicker, though. This isn't the first time this man has been warned about staying away from the woman. His troublemaking goes all the way back to 2009, and I'm fairly certain Pokemon GO wasn't around then.
Japanese police have arrested a 37 year old man for modifying/selling Pokemon GO Plus units. The man said he didn't realize what he was doing was illegal, but apparently modifying/selling the Pokemon GO Plus violates Nintendo's trademark. The modifications allowed players to automatically catch Pokemon and spin Poke Stops.
At Niantic, we strive to create a friendly and fair gameplay experience for all players. As part of that commitment, we enforce a three-strike policy against cheating. This policy may provide offenders with a series of disciplinary actions that gradually increase in severity and provide multiple opportunities to change their behavior. If offenders reform their ways, they are welcomed back into the game. However, if offenders continue cheating, they will be permanently removed from the game in accordance with the Pokémon GO Terms of Service.
For the purposes of this policy, we define cheating as behaviors that violate the Pokémon GO Terms of Service and Trainer Guidelines, such as falsifying location (GPS location spoofing) and accessing Pokémon GO clients or backends in an unauthorized manner, including through the use of third-party software or add-ons.
A strike serves as a warning. Everyone can make mistakes. That’s why we have created this policy to enable offenders to learn from their mistakes and change their ways. If you have been issued a strike, don’t ignore it. Take action to ensure that you do not commit any further transgressions. If you believe that your account was compromised or hacked, please see this article for tips on securing your account.
Keep in mind that offenders are not always offered three strikes. Some misbehaviors may result in immediate account termination without prior warning.
Strike 1: Warning
If this strike is issued, you will see a warning message within the Pokémon GO app informing you that we have detected cheating on your account.
In addition to this warning, your gameplay experience may be degraded in the following ways for the duration of the warning:
You may not be able to encounter rare Pokémon in the wild. These Pokémon may not appear on the map or on the Nearby Pokémon tracker.
You may be excluded from receiving new EX Raid Passes.
Duration: This strike will last for approximately 7 days. After this period, your gameplay experience will fully be restored.
Strike 2: Suspension
If your account is issued a second strike, you will temporarily lose access to your Pokémon GO account. When attempting to log into the game, you’ll be presented with a message stating that your account is suspended. You will not be able to bypass this message.
Duration: This strike will last for approximately 30 days. After that period, your account access will be restored.
Strike 3: Termination
If you receive the first and second strikes and continue to cheat, your account will be permanently banned.
Appealing your punishment
If you believe your account has been terminated in error, you may appeal the termination. We will respond to your appeal after a complete investigation of your account. Please note that due to the high level of accuracy in our detection systems, very few terminations are ever overturned.