Kaze and the Wild Masks is developed by Brazilian indie development studio PixelHive and brought to Google Stadia by Soedesco’s in-house development studio Soedesco Studios. PixelHive’s vision for the game is to seamlessly blend the classic characteristics of the 90s platformer era with today’s gaming technology. They’ve created colorful visuals and music that perfectly captures the essence of 90s games, while modernizing it with higher resolutions, great details, and the smoothness of today’s platformers. All the while, PixelHive brings plenty of versatility to the game with various environments, a charismatic character and story, and unique gameplay mechanics which keep the game fresh from stage to stage.
About the Game
In Kaze and the Wild Masks, you journey through the Crystal Islands in 90s classics platformer style. Play as Kaze and save your friend Hogo from a curse that spread chaos around the islands. Face enraged living vegetables by invoking the powers of the Wild Masks. Pounce ferociously like a tiger, soar through the sky like an eagle, sprint fiercely like a lizard, and rule the sea like a shark.
Unleash the skills of the wild masks to get powers from the tiger, eagle, lizard and shark.
Uncover the secrets of the Crystal Islands in 30-plus levels with over 50 bonus levels.
Relive your childhood memories of classic platformers with high quality frame by frame pixel art.
Pave your way through a satisfyingly smooth, but challenging platformer.
Refresh your ears with 25-plus tracks inspired by the musical themes of the 16-bit era.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate creator, Masahiro Sakurai, has shared information regarding the latest downloadable fighter set, Pyra & Mythra. Here is a recap of everything in the presentation:
- Sakurai had to record this presentation at his home
- The stage included in this fighter pack is "Cloud Sea of Alrest"
- Different characters, primarily Drivers and their Blades, from Xenoblade 2 appear in the background of the stage.
- Sakurai considered having Rex fight alongside Pyra / Mythra, but having Pyra and Mythra be able to switch between each other was already pushing the limits of the game.
- Pyra and Mythra can change into one another by using the Down Special attack.
- On the character select screen, a player can choose to start as either Pyra or Mythra by pressing the Y button.
- Pyra specializes in power, and Mythra specializes in speed.
- Mythra has "Foresight," an ability that will slow her opponents down when she successfully dodges an attack.
- Most other moves between the characters are the same, but Pyra's moves are a bit slower in exchange for having more power and reach.
- In some cases, such as with their Up Smash attack, Mythra's Up Smash hits multiple times, while Pyra's Up Smash only hits once.
- Pyra's Neutral Special is Flame Nova, a powerful attack that can hit opponents on either side of her.
- Mythra's Neutral Special is Lightning Buster, a long-reaching attack.
- Pyra's Side Special is Blazing End, an attack where she temporarily throws her sword forward. The attack acts as a projectile, but it leaves Pyra open to counterattacks when used. She is also unable to use other attacks when the move is used in the air.
- Mythra's Side Special is Photon Edge, an attack that allows Mythra to dash to side while slicing opponents. It works well as a recovery move.
- Pyra's Up Special is Prominence Revolt. It is primarily a recovery move that aids in recovering vertically, but it has great launch power if it can hit an opponent.
- Myhthra's Up Special is Ray of Punishment. It is another recovery move, but energy blasts, known as Chroma Dust, can be shot if the player holds down the B button while recovering.
- The Down Special move of both characters is Swap. This move allows Pyra and Mythra to freely switch between one another, and slight invincibility is granted when either one uses the move.
- Pyra's Final Smash is Burning Sword, and Mythra's Final Smash is Sacred Arrow. Burning Sword is meant for KOs while Sacred Arrow is meant for damage.
- Sakurai says he likes Pyra better.
- Rex appears in the battle start animation for both characters, and he appears in their victory animations and taunts.
- Kirby's copy ability will change based on whether he inhales Pyra or Mythra.
- A total of 16 songs are available when purchasing the Pyra / Mythra fighter pack.
- These 16 songs can also be played in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's other Xenoblade stage, Gaur Plain.
- A special spirit board based on Xenoblade 2 will become available once Pyra / Mythra are purchased.
- Special art for some of the Spirits were custom-made for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's Spirit Board.
- Following an update, if Rex's Spirit reaches Level 99, he'll transform into a new, Master Driver form Spirit.
- The Mii costumes for this presentation are Monster Hunter Equipment, Rathalos Equipment, Felyne, and Arthur (from Ghosts 'n' Goblins).
- Pyra / Mythra will be available later today, alongside the new Mii costumes.
- Sakurai reveals that he did not write the script to the reveal trailer for Pyra / Mythra.
- Monolith Soft was in charge of the reveal trailer.
- Sakurai reveals that he has official Pyra and Mythra figures for modeling and animation reference.
The Netherworld Detective (voiced by Hinata Tadokoro)
“Heh, I get it now. You had them call me after they died, right? That would certainly be possible using the voodoo spirit summoning ritual passed down in Africa.”
Detective Rank: 7th Special Skill: Occult Investigation Major Cases Solved: Werewolf Case
A veteran detective who specializes in cases with a strong sense of the occult. Aiming to solve the unsolved “Vampire Case,” he has acquired knowledge of the occult from all ages and countries. Whenever an incident occurs, he tends to assume it is “the work of the occult,” but when he is calm, his deductive skills are among the best in the Detective Alliance.
The Gourmet Detective (voiced by Akiko Nakagawa)
“I’ve just built up a tolerance to poison thanks to sampling so many ever since my childhood. Though I can’t eat potassium cyanide since it gives me mouth pain.”
Detective Rank: 9th Special Skill: Supertaster Major Cases Solved: Sea Turtle Soup Case
She possesses a “supertaste” far beyond the sense of smell and taste of an ordinary person, and can even sometimes guess the emotions of others. Since she has tried every taste imaginable since childhood, she is immune to various poisons and can even enjoy eating poisonous substances. Though usually a quiet person, she feels that murder depriving people of their freedom to eat is the greatest injustice, and is passionate about saving lives and condemning murderers.
The Suffering Detective (voiced by Rina Honizumi)
“It’s not some fantastical power… More like a horrible temperament that makes everyone around me miserable.”
Detective Rank: 14th Special Skill: Temperament of a Great Detective Major Cases Solved: Building Six Murder Case
An extremely negative, half-British and half-Japanese girl. Since childhood, she has had the peculiar tendency to attract phenomenon and objects that put her in danger, and is thus called “The Suffering Detective.” Due to her upbringing of being feared by others as an angel of death, she is unable to thoughtlessly make contact with another person. However, her ability to sense crises, which has allowed her to survive while constantly facing life-threatening danger, is a major asset in the investigation of dangerous cases.
Rune Factory 5 is an RPG full of things to do, from interacting with the townspeople and finding love, to spending each day working on the farm and casting a line, and making use of weapons and magic to carry out your adventure.
The game offers a friendly, carefree design that allows even first-time players to easily jump into its world.
Your fantasy life in the world of Rune Factory is about to begin!
The final update for Puyo Puyo Tetris 2, Version 1.3.0, is now available. It adds the following features:
Four New Characters
Harpy (voiced by Risa Taneda)
Ragnus (voiced by Akira Miki)
Legamunt (voiced by Yuuki Ishikari)
Rozatte (voiced by Shuusaku Shirakawa)
Four New Songs
“Koisuru Saikyou Kakutou Joou” from Puyo Puyo!!‘s Rulue battle
“Puyo! Boss Manzai (Demo from Puyopuyo)” from Puyo Puyo!!‘s boss skit
“Lets! Saishuu Puyo Shoubu!” from Puyo Puyo 7‘s last boss battle
“Escape from the City – Cash Cash RMX” from Sonic Generations
Spectator Mode – A “Spectator Mode” has been added to watch online “VS” and “Skill Battle” matches. Super Spicy Difficulty – “Super Spicy” bosses are even more difficult than the already difficulty “Spicy” bosses, but defeating them has a high chance of earning you a high level item card.
On the official Monster Hunter twitter, a new trailer for Monster Hunter Rise showcases some of the monsters that can be found in the game. Some of the monsters shown are returning from previous Monster Hunter games, and a few new monsters are shown too. With Monster Hunter Rise releasing in just a few weeks, this Tweet is probably just the beginning of a major promotional push for the game.
A remake of developer 7th Sector's 2012 game The Light is coming to Nintendo Switch. Titled as "In Rays of the Light," the remake first launched for PC via Steam last year under the much more straightforward name, "The Light Remake." Launching worldwide on March 17th, 2021, the game will be published by Sometimes You. Check out the Japanese eShop page here for screenshots and more details.
There is only you, the abandoned remains of a former life and the flourishing nature that feels great in the absence of man. This world is both gloomy and empty, but so incredibly beautiful.
In Rays of the Light is a remake of the original 2012 game The Light, an atmospheric author’s parable about our place in this world, life and death. Explore a mysterious territory filled with a variety of details that reveal the story. Solve logic puzzles and explore text messages.
- Meditation first-person quest
- Beautiful visual and melodic compositions from Dmitry Nikolaev - the author of OST to the game "35MM".
- A metaphorical philosophical story revealed in a study of details and surroundings.
- Two endings.
Regista has announced that they're bringing Neko-sama no Shaso-kara no Dasshutsu to the Switch in Japan. The game is set to release on March 18th, 2021, and can be pre-ordered right now. Those who pre-order will get the game for 490 yen, but the game will shift to 990 yen starting March 30th, 2021. You can check out some screenshots and more details via the Japanese eShop here.
Neko-sama no Shaso-kara no Dasshutsu is escape room-style game from developer Nanka iine.