Coming from Sakaguchi...
"In terms of numbers, [Final Fantasy VI] didn't sell in the States. It actually did very well in Japan. I'm mystified, because I see [Americans] are playing the [mobile] version. I think size of the characters really matters to an American audience, so from Final Fantasy VII onward, we used bigger characters. [I think] that's why Final Fantasy VII took off. But I am kind of mystified [by VI's current popularity in the West], because [Americans] didn't buy Final Fantasy VI back then."
You can also go ALL out and preorder the New 3DS bundle as seen above. Click here to check that out.
The following comes from Renegade Kid's Jools Watsham...
New gameplay difficulty options include Normal, Hard, and Demented. We've added a manual save system (adopted from Dementium II). Enemies no longer respawn; a dead zombie stays dead! A lot of time and attention has been spent on increasing texture resolution, adding specular, detail, and normal maps to enemies and environments. Cut-scenes have all been re-rendered using new remastered enemy/environment art (not autostereoscopic 3D, though, to save on ROM size)
As a huge fan of the old Contra Games (Europe: Super Probotector) it was always my dream to create a game with that gameplay and feeling. Now with Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs I got the chance to make my dream come true with an awesome IP from the ‘80s.
Bplus is happy to develop Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs for Nintendo 3DS and Steam with the following features:
- Contra-style run and gun shoot-'em-up gameplay
- Real 80's IP and real 80's feeling
- Retro-Style Graphics based on the original Anime and original Artworks
- 12 differently themed missions full of oldschool action
- 4 playable characters with different abilities and vehicles
- Intense Mecha battles to fight the big bosses
- Game Soundtrack based on Dale Schacker's Original Series Score made by Roland Koch
- Voices from the Series featuring Peter Cullen and others
- Mission briefings with original cutscenes from the Anime
- Bonus Games and Highscore lists
- In-game music box
- Perfect playability with tight controls as you know it from Contra
- Tons of stuff to collect and many of secrets to discover
- Full New Nintendo 3DS support (+DualStick Control, +HeadTracking)