4-year-old Molly suffered a stroke when she was just 9 months old. This impacted her right hand to a degree that she has trouble using it. This was very present when Molly's siblings could play video games and she couldn't. Now thanks to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe's smart steering, Molly can finally get in on the action.
“Thanks to Mario Kart’s new Auto Drive feature, she can now steer with her left hand and let the game drive for her or vice versa. I’m sure this feature will be an annoyance to many, but for my daughter, who would otherwise not really be able to participate, it is the best feature ever added to a Mario Kart game. She is currently sitting in my living with my other 2 kids and my wife and all of them are playing Mario Kart and laughing their heads off. This is truly a day I won’t forget thanks to Nintendo.”
This might be a feature we all turn off as soon as we start the game. When you hear a story like Molly's, you can see why the feature's inclusion is so important.
New Lily Character
Eleanor Ernesto (voiced by Aimi Tanaka)
A chocolatier wandering the world in search of the ultimate chocolate ingredients. She is well known, even in the world of demons.
She works as a merchant, but all of her money is spent on her chocolate making. While Eleanor is lively and cheerful, there is also a side to her that behaves recklessly where chocolate is concerned.
Wielding her huge mixer hammer, she will support Alushe in battle as a Lily.
—Eleanor earns money as a merchant, but it’s all for the sake of chocolate. She is searching for the ultimate chocolate ingredients, as it is her greatest passion to make the ultimate chocolate.
■ New Character Alushe Will Encounter
Roeldilith (voiced by Chie Matsuura)
Founder of the Lourdes Order.
She is frail and thin, has a bandaged wrapped around her eye, and soaks her body in pure water.
She is against the Curia, and is trying to prevent the “Bride of Time” from being sacrificed.
—Roeldilith’s gaze lowers as if she is upset. Just what is it that is being reflected in her eyes?
- during its first four days on the market, it sold about 132,000 copies
- sold less than half of Fates (304,000 from Birthright, Conquest, and the Special Edition combined)
- New Mystery of the Emblem (a remake), which came out for DS in July 2010, sold 136,000 copies in its first week,
- sold through 80 percent of its initial shipment
Nintendo on continuing to bring great franchises to 3DS, won't say if New 2DS XL is the last redesign
Coming from a Verge interview with Reggie Fils-Aime...
“We believe this is a key addition to the line. A very important platform. It’s something that we’re going to continue to drive this year [and] next year.
We’re going to continue to have great games leveraging all of our great franchises. Just like Nintendo Switch is going to have its own development pace and its own set of experiences. Clearly there’s a processing power difference between the different systems. You couldn’t have an experience like Breath of the Wild on the 3DS family. But on the other hand, with the two screens, with the 3D capability, there are experiences that we will create for the 3DS family that you can’t have on Nintendo Switch. By continuing to do that, we’ll drive the install base of both systems, and continue to drive the overall Nintendo business. That’s our thinking.”
When asked whether thsi would be the last redesign of the 3DS, Reggie couldn't say.
“Our focus is on making sure this launch goes well and what the future holds, we’ll see.”
1. [3DS] Monster Hunter XX – 1,353,150 (1,270,332 physical, 82,818 digital)
2. [NSW] Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 341,121 (307,621 physical, 33,500 digital)
3. [PS4] Horizon Zero Dawn – 215,235 (167,756 physical, 47,479 digital)
4. [PS4] Ghost Recon Wildlands – 169,817 (139,873 physical, 29,944 digital)
5. [NSW] 1-2-Switch – 144,607 (138,790 physical, 5,817 digital)
6. [PS4] Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix – 97,387 (89,653 physical, 7,734 digital)
7. [WIU] Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 87,231 (80,531 physical, 6,700 digital)
8. [PS4] NieR: Automata – 83,139 (71,450 physical, 11,689 digital)
9. [PS4] Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash – 70,123 (54,450 physical, 15,673 digital)
10. [NSW] Super Bomberman R – 66,971 (63,149 physical, 3,822 digital)
11. [3DS] Pokemon Sun / Moon – 52,661 (49,980 physical, 2,681 digital)
12. [NSW] Snipperclips – 49,788 (10,062 physical, 39,726 digital)
13. [PSV] Accel World vs. Sword Art Online – 49,288 (44,821 physical, 4,467 digital)
14. [PS4] Accel World vs. Sword Art Online – 44,078 (36,037 physical, 8,041 digital)
15. [PS4] God of War III Remastered – 42,688 (125 physical, 42,563 digital)
16. [PS4] Until Dawn – 41,219 (122 physical, 41,097 digital)
17. [NSW] Dragon Quest Heroes I-II – 40,549 (39,244 physical, 1,305 digital)
18. [PS4] Assassin’s Creed Unity – 35,306 (124 physical, 35,182 digital)
19. [PS4] Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag – 33,196 (N/A physical, 33,196 digital)
20. [3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 Professional – 30,794 (28,767 physical, 2,027 digital)
21. [PS4] Super Robot Wars V – 29,061 (24,905 physical, 4,156 digital)
22. [NSW] Puyo Puyo Tetris – 25,625 (24,143 physical, 1,482 digital)
23. [3DS] Super Mario Maker for 3DS – 25,556 (24,553 physical, 1,003 digital)
24. [PS4] Nioh – 23,459 (19,500 physical, 3,959 digital)
25. [PSV] Super Robot Wars V – 22,340 (19,569 physical, 2,771 digital)
26. [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V – 22,076 (18,192 physical, 3,884 digital)
27. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch 3: Sukiyaki – 20,517 (20,062 physical, 455 digital)
28. [PS4] YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World – 17,804 (15,923 physical, 1,881 digital)
29. [PS4] Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition – 17,052 (9,375 physical, 7,677 digital)
30. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf – Welcome amiibo – 16,670 (14,737 physical, 1,933 digital)