Goriginal Content

EoD - TV Vs. Pocket

EoD - Warriors cast

EoD - SS motion

GN Podcast #466

EoD - Zelda music

EoD - Fatal Frame
 

Sony spokesperson Kevin Butler's latest commercial has him...promoting the Wii?!

Check out this commercial for Bridgestone tires. They have a contest coming up that's Wii related. Keep a close eye on who pops up in this feature.


Man, how funny is that?! Never thought I'd see that happen. Thanks to Thomas for the heads up!

Link

Also check out:
Discussion Preview
30 total comments (View all)
User avatar
04 Sep 2012 13:23

So, Kevin Butler was fired from Sony and got a job at Bridgestone?
No Avatar
04 Sep 2012 13:33

he's an actor we all know it but still it's a bit funny . He was on stage at some point during e3 . John Hodgeman was never a pc and he's quite the talented comedian .
User avatar
04 Sep 2012 13:38

Then the Nintendo spokesperson betrayed them, Sony and Bridgestone for Geico and the Holiday Inn.

This concept of 'betray' is dumb and you know it.
User avatar
04 Sep 2012 13:40

@Hiltz

There's no match between this guy and "Jason Lambert" on the internet...
User avatar
04 Sep 2012 14:01

I think some of the Sony fans thought he was actually some sort of representative or exec. That's the only reason I can see as to why there was/is such a strange fixation with a character from an ad campaign.
User avatar
04 Sep 2012 14:04

I always thought he had some sort of position at Sony like high up. In fact I thought he was the equivalent to Reggie. I must be way off.
User avatar
04 Sep 2012 14:12

@AmicableWalrus

It might have more to do with the lines he was given for such ads and that the guy has comical way about him... Maybe not to you of course.
User avatar
04 Sep 2012 14:13

I love the options -- $70 to spend or a Wii (current price $150).
Does this speak to a Wii price drop?

Mike from Morgantown
User avatar
04 Sep 2012 14:23

AmicableWalrus wrote:I think some of the Sony fans thought he was actually some sort of representative or exec. That's the only reason I can see as to why there was/is such a strange fixation with a character from an ad campaign.

Or maybe because people have a different opinion than you? Just like some people like Flo from Progressive or the Geico Gecko; I highly doubt most people think they actually work for the company.
No Avatar
04 Sep 2012 14:24

it was him not in butler character... he is an actor, so what do you expect?
No Avatar
Anonymous
04 Sep 2012 14:27

i love this so hard
User avatar
04 Sep 2012 14:47

First the Smash Bros. tags on youtube, now this... I guess he is a good Sonyntendo fan
User avatar
04 Sep 2012 14:53

Well that's kinda messed up.
User avatar
04 Sep 2012 15:13

This is just delicious. Long Live Play, Kevin Butler! :)
User avatar
04 Sep 2012 16:01

****waits to see Kevin Butler promoting Halo 4****
User avatar
04 Sep 2012 16:12

I thought the guy was pretty much one of the best things going for Sony when they were promoting their hardware and whatnot.

Well, he's still awesome to me even with seeing this. :wink:
User avatar
04 Sep 2012 17:55

cobaltorange wrote:
AmicableWalrus wrote:I think some of the Sony fans thought he was actually some sort of representative or exec. That's the only reason I can see as to why there was/is such a strange fixation with a character from an ad campaign.

Or maybe because people have a different opinion than you? Just like some people like Flo from Progressive or the Geico Gecko; I highly doubt most people think they actually work for the company.

I don't care if people like him, and I didn't mean for it to come off as condescending. Just noting that it's unfortunate that a mercenary actor was built up by some fanboys to be an icon of the brand or something, only to have him promote a competitor product, ironically.
User avatar
04 Sep 2012 18:37

AmicableWalrus wrote:
cobaltorange wrote:
AmicableWalrus wrote:I think some of the Sony fans thought he was actually some sort of representative or exec. That's the only reason I can see as to why there was/is such a strange fixation with a character from an ad campaign.

Or maybe because people have a different opinion than you? Just like some people like Flo from Progressive or the Geico Gecko; I highly doubt most people think they actually work for the company.

I don't care if people like him, and I didn't mean for it to come off as condescending. Just noting that it's unfortunate that a mercenary actor was built up by some fanboys to be an icon of the brand or something, only to have him promote a competitor product, ironically.

Sorry, if I sounded jerkish. I get what you mean.
User avatar
04 Sep 2012 18:51

@Mike_Intellivision

You can get a used Wii at gamestop for $70.
No Avatar
05 Sep 2012 00:00

Hopefully he'll be in Nintendo's Wii U commercials now.
User avatar
05 Sep 2012 00:09

Bwahaha, I can see Sony heads steaming already

View the full discussion!

Quickie Search

"Advanced" Search

Anti-social Tendencies

Advertisements

RSS feed trough

News Feed
Top Stories
Console News
Portables News
Podcast Feed
GoNintendo Radio Feed
Twitter Feed

Affiliates + Friends

Destructoid
Gamersyde
Modojo
TheBitBlock
Anime Your Way