Goriginal Content

Fantasy Life review

EoD - Instagram fun

Xeodrifter diary #12

GN Podcast #479

EoD - Wii U holiday

EoD - Smash online
 

Ubisoft working on ZombiU 2 prototype?

Coming from Ubisoft's creative director...


That's pretty cut and dry! Looks like there's something ZombiU related in the works! Thanks to Godfree for the heads up.

Also check out:
Discussion Preview
12 total comments (View all)
User avatar
14 May 2013 11:25

I still need to beat the first one...
too scary...
User avatar
14 May 2013 11:47

Love the first one! And if this is going to happen, then they don't have to rush it which means the full potential can be tapped. Very excited :)
No Avatar
Anonymous
14 May 2013 11:51

Entity wrote:Love the first one! And if this is going to happen, then they don't have to rush it which means the full potential can be tapped. Very excited :)


My sentiments exactly
User avatar
14 May 2013 12:02

I know this may sound selfish but I how this stays exclusive to Wii U. The gamepad interactions and inventory management were very important. Even more interesting is the asymmetrical multiplayer mode that I would love to see evolve.

I think this has a chance to stay exclusive for three reasons.

1. Its a new horror IP that seems to have a limited potential for sales so having it as Wii U exclusive would probably boost its limited sales.
2. It appeared to not have the highest product budget allowing it to stay console exclusive.
3. The biggest support for it staying exclusive is timing. If they're only working on a prototype it isn't coming before 2015. At that point would Ubisoft feel its worth it to creature a version for such a lesser IP on 360 abd PS3. If they tried multiplatform with other next gen consoles then the graphics disparity may be at a level that feel people wouldn't want to buy it.

Of course all of this is dependent on how successful the Wii U will become. Hopefully I can see Zombi U being the Wii U's Red Steel.
User avatar
14 May 2013 12:13

SatoAilDarko wrote:I know this may sound selfish but I how this stays exclusive to Wii U. The gamepad interactions and inventory management were very important. Even more interesting is the asymmetrical multiplayer mode that I would love to see evolve.

I think this has a chance to stay exclusive for three reasons.

1. Its a new horror IP that seems to have a limited potential for sales so having it as Wii U exclusive would probably boost its limited sales.
2. It appeared to not have the highest product budget allowing it to stay console exclusive.
3. The biggest support for it staying exclusive is timing. If they're only working on a prototype it isn't coming before 2015. At that point would Ubisoft feel its worth it to creature a version for such a lesser IP on 360 abd PS3. If they tried multiplatform with other next gen consoles then the graphics disparity may be at a level that feel people wouldn't want to buy it.

Of course all of this is dependent on how successful the Wii U will become. Hopefully I can see Zombi U being the Wii U's Red Steel.


I have a feeling if a sequel is in the works it'll be multi-platform. Look what happened to Rayman Legends, I mean this is Ubisoft we're talking about.
User avatar
14 May 2013 12:14

redhatdrawler wrote:
Entity wrote:Love the first one! And if this is going to happen, then they don't have to rush it which means the full potential can be tapped. Very excited :)


My sentiments exactly


Good to read I'm not alone ;)

There was so much more they could have done with the pad. But apart from that and the bugs (that got fixed) this game was really awesome. Great atmosphere, kept me on my toes for sure, great setting and the die once and you are finished concept made it all the better. Screw the RE series. It's a zombie splatter game series now. This and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories brought back the survival horror with the spooky parts. Love it! Do it Ubi! You got my support.


@SatoAilDarko: It has to be for the U. They just have to evolve the first game and make it even better. Just do not ruin it's survival horror with action and do not ruin it's great atmosphere.
User avatar
14 May 2013 12:30

@Ryuujin1078

Rayman was already a well-known IP that had a direct prequel on the other platforms. Also they said before the announcement of it going multiplatform that the Murphy sections (the only sections that used the gamepad) were only going to be 10-20%. At this point I'm sure there was very little work to modify the levels to not have to use Murphy. Zombi U conversely required constant use of the gamepad. I'm not saying it won't be multiplatform but the Rayman Legends example is not the best one in this situation.
User avatar
14 May 2013 13:46

The one thing I want to see them change in regards to the Gamepad is the touch, hold then drag thing. Give me the ability to quickly tap an item to select then tap again to the box/area on the screen that i want it moved to. he whole "hold and drag" part? dump it. The resistive screen really doesn't do this well without a stylus.
User avatar
14 May 2013 13:47

good!
first one was awesome so I say bring it Ubi!
User avatar
14 May 2013 13:58

@gatorboi352:

Took a little getting used to, but wasn't that bad. What I would like to see is more use of the pad. Like when opening a manhole or a barricaded door. In the original it was just tapping on the screen. I want to screw out screws (screw those screws) and maybe some cable playing and other ways to manipulate the surroundings more "realistically" if you get my point. There are, of course, way more potential to it. Could even just have it on the side and use the Wiimote/nunchuck. But that could be over complicated ;)
User avatar
14 May 2013 14:32

I really hope this goes through the higher up! Would be devastating to just end up hearing that it got cancelled in a couple of years. :(

View the full discussion!

Quickie Search

"Advanced" Search

Anti-social Tendencies

Advertisements

RSS feed trough

News Feed
Top Stories
Console News
Portables News
Podcast Feed
GoNintendo Radio Feed
Twitter Feed

Affiliates + Friends

Destructoid
Gamersyde
Modojo
TheBitBlock
Anime Your Way