It's a two-person show today. I'll try to hold down the fort alongside Mom Brain. The poor girl has to play the NPD guessing game all by herself. She doesn't stand a chance!
Here’s another beautiful track from Sonic Mania, which you'll hear each time you go to select a save file. Let its vibrant and sunny rhythm move you into action!
The opening day of the 2017 Pokémon World Championships is in the books. More than 900 Pokémon TCG and video game competitors from 40-plus countries arrived in sunny southern California for one reason—to become the next World Champion. The event floor was abuzz with action as players and spectators battled and watched matches all day long.
The Pokkén Tournament Last Chance Qualifier also took place today, with nearly 100 competitors fighting for the last four spots in tomorrow's main event. They'll join 12 players who have already qualified via events earlier in the year. By the end of Saturday we will have a new Pokkén Tournament World Champion.
Get a closer look at the action from the Pokémon TCG and video game competitions.
Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting, Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers given the MSU1 audio treatment
Once again, for those who are unfamiliar with MSU1...
MSU1, also named "Media Streaming Unit revision 1", is a homemade enhancement chip made by byuu for the SNES.
MSU1, also named "Media Streaming Unit revision 1", is a homemade enhancement chip made by byuu for the SNES.It allows the SNES to have 4 GB of storage space and CD quality Stereo Audio.
The following comes from a Gamer interview with series producer Takashi Iizuka, as translated by NintendoEverything...
- for Sonic’s 25th anniversary last year, Iizuka received a task to deliver some sort of product
- the target was “dormant fans” who used to play the SEGA Genesis, but haven’t really played any games since
- Iizuka met Christian Whitehead, which lead to the creation of Sonic Mania
- there was talk of another port, but Iizuka thought fans would desire something new from the old games
- this is the first time Iizuka partnered with a team of devs spread across various countries
- Iizuka said this team had a greater passion to create
- this was in comparison to companies that set decisions on a pre-determined schedule (in meetings, etc)
- the team had so many features they still wanted to add after the beta version was complete
- since there were only a few spots with text that needed to be localized, they could bring the game to more places quicker
- the game has Japanese, English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish support
- the Studiopolis stage is included due to receiving the most requests from the Sonic Mania development team
- Iizuka actually considered reducing the amount of stages at one point in order to meet the development schedule
- Sonic Mania doesn’t really have much in the way of cut content like scrapped stages
- since Sonic Mania was only distributed digitally, the team was able to continue working very close leading up to launch
- this let them put in practically all ideas, and there are currently no plans for DLC
- Iizuka recommended Flying Battery Zone for inclusion becaues he likes the music
- he also likes when the player goes inside and outside the ship
- Iizuka likes Mirage Saloon because the stage structure will be different depending on the player character chosen
- Puyo Puyo gameplay was added because there was a Puyo Puyo game released in the west for the SEGA Genesis
- this game was originally called “Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine”, and the team thought it would make a fun boss battle
- Iizuka didn’t have plans to feature Blue Sphere in the special stages
- the Blue Sphere special stages were brought over to Mania as a test, but ended up staying for the final game
- the team felt the need to continuously connect stages from various eras, which is doe with the Phantom Ruby story
- for Sonic Mania, it was decided that the technological limit would be set at SEGA CD,
- this is higher than the Genesis but lower than Saturn
- in creating a SEGA CD-grade special stage, they would intentionally make SEGA CD-grade polygons
Ride into battle with your own team of monsters
Become a Monster Rider on a quest to save the world from the Black Blight. Along the way, you’ll collect, train, and battle together with amazing monsters.