The next best thing?
We still don’t have a release date for Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot camp, but developer Lavabird has plans for their own turn-based strategy game inspired by the popular series. Their game is called Warside, and it appears to have a very similar style to the popular series, featuring combat between numerous unit types across a single player campaign and multiplayer modes. According to their web site, Warside should “update the formula whilst retaining the charm, style, and feel of the genre’s classics.”
Warside will launch on Kickstarter sometime in the near future. You can sign up for e-mail alerts via their official site. If successfully funded, the game will hopefully be released in the Fall of 2023. Check out some more screenshots and info below.
- Intuitive turn-based gameplay with a familiar feel for fans of the classics.
- 12 playable Commanders, each with unique passive skills and Battle Powers.
- Control 20+ unit types. Simultaneously battle over land, air, and sea with ground forces, aircraft, and naval units.
- Single-player campaign with over 30 missions.
- Forest, desert and snow biomes, plus indoor close-quarters missions.
- Challenge friends and foes with multiplayer battles. Local and internet play are supported.
- Design your own maps with the built-in mission editor for both single and multiplayer.