Yu-Gi-Oh! Rush Duel: Dawn of the Battle Royale!! Let’s Go! Go Rush!! heads to Switch in Japan on Dec. 1st, 2022
Last month, Konami announced that a new Yu-Gi-Oh! game was in the works, lengthily titled Yu-Gi-Oh! Rush Duel: Dawn of the Battle Royale!! Let’s Go! Go Rush!! It was confirmed for a Winter 2022 release, but now we know the exact date in which it will be available in Japan; December 1st, 2022. In addition, a Special Edition of the game has been announced that will include three Secret Rare “Rush Duel” cards (pictured below). Unfortunately, there is still no word on if an English localization is in development. Stay tuned for updates.
Bandai Namco has released yet another character trailer for their upcoming anime fighting game, JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle R, this time featuring Old Joseph Joestar, wielding the stand Hermit Purple. Make sure to check out the minute-long trailer above to see him in action. JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle R launches for Nintendo Switch on September 2nd, 2022.
A Switch-exclusive NASCAR game
We first heard word in April that Motorsport Games was working on a sequel to NASCAR Heat Ultimate Edition+ following its apparent success on Switch. Now, the racing game developer/publisher has announced full details on the new project. Planned to be exclusive to Nintendo Switch, “NASCAR Rivals” will be released physically and digitally on October 14th, 2022. Priced at $49.99 USD, pre-orders will begin next week on August 24th, when the first gameplay footage will be shared. Check out the reveal trailer above and additional details on NASCAR Rivals below via the press release.
“NASCAR Rivals is Motorsport Games’ latest racing experience that meets fans where they are, giving real-life drivers and NASCAR fans alike the ability to take it on the go,” said Dmitry Kozko, CEO of Motorsport Games. “As we continue to work alongside NASCAR to grow its gaming franchise, we’re excited to give players the opportunity to out-do themselves on the track wherever they are thanks to the Switch’s portability.”
Players have the opportunity to compete and race in a variety of different modes in NASCAR Rivals, with something for everyone. ‘Race Now’ will allow players to select any driver/team and race at any track on the 2022 NASCAR Cup Series circuit. ‘Career Mode’ gives players the chance to create their own legacy in the sport by either joining an existing team or creating one of their own, customizing their driver in the process. ‘Challenges’ will put players into scenarios inspired by real-life on-track events to see if they have what it takes to complete the challenge.
NASCAR Rivals is all about finding rivals on the track or on the go with several ‘Multiplayer’ functions presenting users with plenty of options for challenging others on the track. Players are able to race against their friends using the Nintendo Switch Joy Cons in ‘Split Screen’ mode or race online against 15 other players anywhere in the world with the online ‘Multiplayer’ feature. New to the game is the ‘Local Multiplayer’ feature in which players are able to race against up to seven other players on a local network.
The latest Nintendo Switch game from Motorsport Games will offer drivers the opportunity to create custom and unique schemes utilizing the enhanced ‘Paint Booth,’ which gives fans a host of customization options. Unique driver avatars can also be created with a variety of appearances, sponsor logos and more.
NASCAR Rivals was developed by Motorsport Games to ensure fans are able to embrace the intensity and thrill of NASCAR to the fullest degree with heightened accessibility through Nintendo’s portable Switch console. Fans now have the ability to take NASCAR with them and compete against their rivals anywhere they go, be that at the racetrack, at home and everywhere in between.
Commandos 3 HD Remaster was announced for Switch back in June, and now we have a proper release date for the real-time tactics title. Developed by Raylight Games with Kalypso Media set to publish, Commandos 3 HD Remaster launches digitally on August 30th, 2022. Check out the latest trailer above and details below.
Commandos 3 – HD Remaster sends you to the relentless and unforgiving battlefields of Europe. Fight your way through the deadly trenches of Stalingrad, defeat the German enemy in the fanatical heart of the Third Reich in Berlin, and use your tactical know-how to survive the storming of Normandy on D-Day. In this revamped third instalment of the acclaimed real-time tactics series, lead a notorious special forces unit deep behind enemy lines during World War II. Help the Allies to victory in high definition, with improved controls and user interface.
Neco-Arc and Mash Kyrielight are coming as free DLC characters for Melty Blood: Type Lumina on August 19th. In anticipation of this, Type-Moon Games has released two gameplay videos showing off Neco-Arc in action. It’s likely that we we will also get the same treatment for Mash Kyrielight in the near future, so stay-tuned for that. Check out the new gameplay videos below. Also, give the newly released character profile for Neco-Arc a readthrough above.
Are you down with the clown?
The latest Daily Rides Season of the third-person biking game Lonely Mountains: Downhill has been released by developer Megagon Industries and publisher Thunderful. Season 16: Cirque Du Vélo introduces Daily Ride challenges that “take you on a trip to the circus,” with many new cosmetic items being added to the game.
From juggling jesters to snake charmers, players looking to put on a show will find something for them as a reward for completing Season 16’s trials:
- Tightrope your way to victory with the Unicycle backpack
- Put on the world’s greatest show with the Ringmaster outfitBe a barrel of laughs with the Clown outfit
- Brave the big cats with the Lion Tamer outfit
- Get ready to do some heavy lifting with the Lifter outfit
- Concentrate on juggling with the Harlequinn helmet
- Charm snakes to your will with the Snake Tamer outfit
- Carry the weight with the Dumbbell backpack
- Lead the crowd with the Circus Tophat helmet
- Slither down the slopes with the Snake backpack
Daily Rides is a cross-platform daily leaderboard competition. Each day a trail will be selected randomly, complete with new obstacles and shortcuts. The four week season offers up a new theme with unlockable cosmetic rewards for participants. Do you have what it takes to dominate the new season? Get riding and see if you can rise to the top of the leaderboard!
If nautical nonsense be something you wish
THQ Nordic has announced that they’re going to be a part of Gamescom 2022 and they’re bringing quite a lineup of games with them. Unfortunately, only two of the titles are Switch-bound.
You can check out THQ Nordic’s entire lineup for Gamescom 2022 below. We’ve bolded the games that will appear on Switch.
- Alone in the Dark
- Outcast 2 - A New Beginning
- Destroy All Humans! 2 - Reprobed
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake
- SpellForce: Conquest of Eo
- The Valiant
- Tempest Rising
- AEW: Fight Forever
From the creators of Bury Me, My Love
Developer The Pixel Hunt has announced The Wreck, a mature 3D visual novel about “sisterhood, motherhood, grief and survival.” It will be released for Nintendo Switch sometime in Fall 2022. Check out the teaser trailer above and a synopsis of the game below.
The Wreck is a mature 3D visual novel about sisterhood, motherhood, grief and survival. Players follow failed screenwriter Junon as she attempts to make it through the most pivotal day in her life, navigating difficult conversations and piecing together where things went wrong. With her mother in critical condition and her mind on the point of collapse, Junon must relive the past, alter the present, and embrace the future - or else her story will end in a wreck.
- Explore Junon’s scattered thoughts through interactive text and dialogue
- Meet a small cast of nuanced, complex characters
- Assemble a non-linear narrative exploring themes of trauma & recovery
- Experience the powerful story from the creators of Bury Me, My Love
Developer Paintbucket Games has announced The Darkest Files, a spiritual-successor to the historical investigation game, Through the Darkest of Times. It’s planned for release on Nintendo Switch in 2023 and will be playable at this year’s Gamescom. Check out the reveal trailer for The Darkest Files above and details below.
In “The Darkest Files,” players take on the role of Esther Katz, a young prosecutor living in West Germany in the 1950s. She is part of the team around the Frankfurt Attorney General Fritz Bauer. As Esther, players investigate crimes committed by former Nazi officials, collect evidence, question witnesses and ultimately bring the perpetrators to justice. The game leads players on a gripping, emotional journey through the crimes and dark times of the Nazi era.
“After Through the Darkest of Times, we decided to stay in the realm of history for one of our next games – especially since current events continue to concern us deeply. We decided to move chronologically to the period after World War II, when many former Nazis were still active in high-ranking posiitions all over West Germany,” explains Jörg Friedrich of Paintbucket Games. “Fritz Bauer and his team did immensely important work during this difficult time by pressing charges against numerous criminals and publicly trying them for their crimes. Through their work, they made a lasting impact on how Germans understand the National Socialist period and the Holocaust and helped create the social consensus of: “Never again!” We want to give our players a view into this difficult and fascinating work with The Darkest Files.”
Some features of The Darkest Files:
- Players search investigative files from the Nazi era for clues, and interrogate relatives, witnesses, and suspects to find out the truth.
- Players draw conclusions, evaluate evidence, and reconstruct the crime in real time.
- Players interview witnesses and suspects, diving into the statements in immersive-mode to better understand the actions of the perpetrators and uncover any clues and contradictions.
- Then, players discuss their findings with their team of investigative experts in order to build an air-tight case.
- Players must determine and press the correct charges and have the criminals arrested.
- Finally, they need to convince the judiciary to reveal the truth and bring the perpetrators to justice.
Discover the open-zone
SEGA has announced that they’re going to be a part of Gamescom 2022 and they’re bringing quite a lineup of games with them. Thankfully, a decent amount of those titles are also Switch-bound.
You can check out SEGA’s entire lineup for Gamescom 2022 below. We’ve bolded the games that will appear on Switch.
London, August 15, 2022 – SEGA will be attending gamescom 2022 from August 24-28 with a stellar line-up of titles from its diverse portfolio, including a world-first public outing for Sonic Frontiers. Showgoers will be able to experience the wonders of Starfall Island in Sonic’s new open-zone platforming adventure. The game will also be playable on TikTok’s stand over in Hall 7, where Head of Sonic Team, Takashi Iizuka, will be making a guest appearance on Friday 26 August for a meet and greet with fans.
If strategy games are more your thing, you won’t be short of options on the SEGA stand, with Company of Heroes 3, Total War: WARHAMMER III, Humankind and Two Point Campus, all playable. Relic Entertainment’s return to its beloved Company of Heroes franchise will see players take on an all-new theatre against the lush backdrops of the Mediterranean and North Africa. Playable on the stand for COH3 are a 1v1 multiplayer map set in Italy to play versus the AI, or a sample mission from the North Africa single player experience.
The Persona 25th Anniversary celebrations continue, with Persona 4 Arena Ultimax available to play amidst a myriad of Persona themed merchandise on display from Shop ATLUS. Don’t forget to grab your discount code for that on the stand, or have your photo taken with our life-sized Morgana character!
Also playable on SEGA’s stand is Amplitude’s rogue-lite new entry to the Endless series, Endless Dungeon, exhilarating arena fighter Demon Slayer -Kimetsu No Yaiba- The Hinokami Chronicles, and Soul Hackers 2, the new supernatural RPG from ATLUS releasing on 26th August. Finally, SEGA’s brand-new sci-fi FPS, HYENAS, will be offering a gravity defying photo experience for attendees, complete with a variety of props, including but not limited to, inflatable unicorns, boom boxes and arcade cabinets.
You can find the SEGA stand situated in Hall 9, A18 of the Koelnmesse.
Featuring music from Crush 40 singer Johnny Gioeli
The wacky-chaotic 2D action-brawler, Jitsu Squad, made its debut as a Kickstarter project early last year before eventually seeing a PC release via Steam in March 2022. Developed by Tanuki Creative Studio, publisher ININ Games has now confirmed that Jitsu Squad will be getting a console release in Q4 2022, with Nintendo Switch being one of the listed platforms. Of course, it will be available digitally via the eShop, but standard physical editions will also be sold at retailers, while special limited editions will be available exclusively via Gamesrocket.com. Check out the latest trailer for Jitsu Squad above and more details below via the press release.
Jitsu Squad is a fast-paced fighting game inspired by old-school brawlers, paired with the intense and exciting fights of modern beat ‘em ups. Play alone or with up to four people in co-op mode against waves of enemies while amassing massive combo-chains and unleashing powerful and flashy super moves. To set the right mood for 90s fighting games, Jitsu Squad not only comes with a hand-drawn cartoon look and stunning visual effects but also music by none other than Crush 40 singer Johnny Gioeli, famous for the iconic SONIC The Hedgehog music.
Check out the new trailer to experience the flashy gameplay and Johnny’s energetic vocals.
Story Containing the soul of a powerful demon, the legendary Kusanagi Stone can grand godly powers to those who awaken it but has remained hidden over the centuries. Now, the wicked sorcerer Origami, destroyer of worlds and lord of darkness, has summoned ancient warriors to find the stone for him, cursing their souls and turning them into animals. Luckily, a mysterious monk called Ramen manages to save four warrior souls from Origami’s call: Hero, Baby, Jazz, and Aros, together are the Jitsu Squad!
- Fight lightning-fast, adrenaline-tingling battles
- 4 playable characters – Turn your warrior into a real legend with the upgrade system and unique secondary weapons that open up new combos
- Slay your enemies in style with 100+ chain-combos, infinite juggles and Epic Super Specials that will make your heart beat faster
- Powerful in-game character transformations will get your blood boiling
- Tons of unique enemies to slay and 8 different planets to save
- Up to 4-player local couch co-op fun
- Team up with a friend in 2-player tag-team mode, where each player can choose up to 2 characters
- Enter the battlefield while blasting original tunes by Crush 40 singer Johnny Gioeli, famous for the iconic SONIC The Hedgehog music
- Fighting game input commands provide a nice 90s throwback
Exclusively released on Apple Arcade in 2020, the technicolor side-scrolling adventure, Little Orpheus, is soon making its way over to Switch. Developer The Chinese Room and publisher Secret Mode have announced that Little Orpheus will be available from the eShop starting on September 13th, 2022. Pricing details have not been shared. More info can be found via the press release below.
The year is 1962 and NASA is trying to put a man on the moon. In a remote corner of Siberia, a Soviet cosmonaut is heading in the other direction. Ivan Ivanovich is dropped into an extinct volcano in his exploration capsule, Little Orpheus, to explore the centre of the Earth. He promptly vanishes. Three years later he emerges claiming to have saved the world.
Join Ivan as he explores lost civilizations, undersea kingdoms, prehistoric jungles and lands beyond imagination. Little Orpheus is a fantastical side-scrolling adventure game for casual players and seasoned adventure fans alike, inspired by classic movies such as Flash Gordon, Sinbad and The Land that Time Forgot.
This definitive edition of the multi-award-winning Apple Arcade hit from master storyteller The Chinese Room is rebuilt and remastered for the big screen with hi-res textures, new animations, and enhanced graphics and effects. Little Orpheus for PC and consoles also features the bonus ninth episode - A Rush of Onion to the Head - and the Lost Recordings Mode from the original release.
Following the delay earlier this year, The Chinese Room and Secret Mode carefully evaluated the content within Little Orpheus considering wider world events. We are confident that the game does not contain material that should offend or harm and that Little Orpheus can release without any changes to its content.
“After its successful launch on Apple Arcade back in June 2020, we are proud to help bring the complete and remastered Little Orpheus experience to PC and consoles,” said James Schall, Director of Publishing at Secret Mode. “We look forward to players joining us in this award-winning adventure as we return to the mid-twentieth century and cast our eyes downwards in search of fresh wonders lying beneath our feet.”
Use your vision to check this out
It’s time for another Hero introduction for the upcoming tactical RPG, Marvel’s Midnight Suns. This time around we get a peek at Wanda Maximoff, better known as Scarlet Witch. Last year, the Disney+ original series WandaVision brought focus to the Marvel sorceress, and her recent role in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness definitely has the powerful hero fresh on everyone’s mind.
Humans have always feared witches, and anyone would have especially good reason to fear the Scarlet Witch, Wanda Maximoff. Wanda was born in the cursed Transian mountains and marked at birth by the sinister Elder God, Chthon, who sensed her potential to channel phenomenal arcane energy. This secret influence shattered the previous limits of Wanda’s abilities and truly unleashed her reality-altering chaos magic.
Wanting to control the power roiling inside her, Wanda turned to the tutelage of the ancient witch, Agatha Harkness. However, a tragic accident forced Wanda from the Abbey, and she now studies under the Sorcerer Supreme, Doctor Strange. She is increasingly convinced that others have been right to fear her all along and that succumbing to her dark heritage is all but inevitable.
Although it was never given a release date in the first place, stated only as coming “very soon,” the Dead Cells ‘Enter the Panchaku’ free update is being delayed for “at least another week.” This is due to the developers at Motion Twin “[hitting] a snag with certification.” It’s a bit of a strange announcement, as no one would have ever even knew it was delayed if the dev team didn’t say anything, but it’s nice to see some transparency with how development is going. If there is anything to take away from this, it’s that the update will be released in the coming weeks! At least we now know how soon “very soon” is.
Tribes of Midgard, a co-op game with a unique blend of action, survival, and roguelite elements, is available now for Nintendo Switch. Developer Norsfell and publisher Gearbox have released the Switch version of the game alongside Season 3: Inferno Saga. The standard edition of Tribes of Midgard is available on the Switch eShop for $19.99 USD, and the Deluxe Edition, featuring exclusive armor, weapons and pets, is available for $29.99. You can check out the launch trailer above and view full details on Season 3 below.
Surtr, Herald of Ragnarök and the ruler of Múspelheim, has begun his invasion of Midgard, in an effort to burn all of creation to the ground. It is up to you and your fellow Einherjar to put a stop to his fiery conquest. Season 3 introduces a wealth of other content, including new Enemies, new Weapons, Runes, a completely revamped Survival Mode providing a more relaxed but equally engaging experience and much more.
“Bigger and better than ever, Season 3 continues to bring our original take on Norse legend to millions of players across old and new platforms alike,” said Julian Maroda, Co-Founder and Creative Director of Norsfell. “We can’t wait for what the community achieves in our completely overhauled Survival Mode, since these changes were founded directly from their feedback. And we’re not done! As today’s launch brings Tribes of Midgard to Xbox and Switch, we’re excited to welcome these new communities into our tribe.”
Season 3 Features:
- Inferno Saga - Midgard is cranking up the heat with Season 3, introducing a burning Biome, scorching Ancient, and combustible Camps that bring the Inferno invasion to the Einherjar’s doorstep. To put a stop to Surtr and his blazing path of destruction, pay a not-so-friendly visit to his Outposts that have popped up all across Midgard. Once you defeat Surtr’s soldiers, you’ll be rewarded with Múspelite, a rare substance used to power the Gateway to the new Volcanic Spire biome. Vanquish his army, climb the Spire, and face the largest Ancient yet.
- Volcanic Spire – You’ll need the right gear to beat the heat; this fiery biome is cooking up a lot of perilous obstacles for you and your fellow Einherjar. Surtr’s territory is burning with dangerous creatures, hazards, and even rivers of lava. Pick up unique crafting Materials here to forge a flame resistant boost in power that will protect you from Surtr and his minions’ burning crusade.
- Revamped Survival Mode – Survival 2.0 is set in a world long before the Village surrounding the Seed of Yggdrasil came to be, and you’ll need all your survival skills to get by in Midgard’s harsh environment. Without Villagers, the powerful Viking warrior Eira Foot-Crushed (alongside everyone’s favorite felines Mániklo and Sóleyra) come to your aid to serve as your guides. Use the magical Allforge to build various Stations, each equipped with the ability to craft different items, like Weapons, Armor, Constructions, and more. Explore the world of Midgard, build your perfect Viking home, take on Enemies as you see fit and write your very own Viking legend with a new 90 Blessings skill tree!
- Construction 2.0 - Alongside the revamped Survival Mode comes a refined Construction system, where you can build your Viking home to your heart’s content. Everything in the Construction inventory is scaled down to fit in a 1x1x1 grid, which allows for a more detailed building experience. Additionally, new Construction pieces, including Walls, Pillars, Roofs, and Doors have been added to increase building flexibility and customization across all game modes.
- So Much More – The new Spear Weapon type gives Einherjar greater reach in their attacks and gives them more space to defend against Enemy attacks. Season 3 also introduces Fishing; craft a Fishing Rod and cast it into Mysterious Ripples in rivers and oceans to get all kinds of fish. Einherjar can now try out tons of new Blessings, Challenges and Runes, to shake things up in your Viking arsenal, on top of over 40 quality of life changes.