Risen has received a finalized release date. The open-world RPG adventure port from developer Piranha Bytes and publisher THQ Nordic will be released for Nintendo Switch on January 24th, 2023. Physical copies will be available exclusively at GameStop in North America. Pricing details have not yet been announced. Check out the latest trailer for Risen above and details on the game below.
The volcanic island of Faranga is being terrorized by monstrous creatures. Wield sword, staff and over 20 spells to defend the land and shape its ultimate fate, with no loading screens for a seamless open world RPG adventure.
The cult RPG that follows the game design direction of the early Gothic games will be finally running smooth and in its full quality on console platforms, while the old PC version will get a gamepad support update.
Delve into the gritty and atmospheric world of Risen, where every action has a consequence. Master the sword, learn the art of staff fighting, or become a powerful mage, forging your path across a land filled with mysterious earthquakes, fearsome monsters, and unimaginable treasures.
Explore the mysterious volcanic island Faranga and the heavy tremors which bode ill for its inhabitants. As ancient temples have risen from the ground, they are bringing with them bizarre creatures that terrorize the area—are you brave enough to face the dangers? Find yourself caught amidst rebellion, tyranny, and mystic rituals. It is up to you to decide which way the pendulum of fate will swing.
- Port of the cult RPG with full gamepad controls and reworked user interface.
- Open world action RPG where every action has consequences.
- Divided into four chapters, letting you decide which side you will join.
- Over 20 different spells to choose from, cast either through scrolls or runes.
- Fully seamless world streaming support—no loading screens.
- With each level, your character will learn and improve their skills.
- Countless side quests and creatures to discover.
- Over 60 hours of immersive open world gameplay.
Vigor has been updated to Version 13.1 on Nintendo Switch. Check out the full patch notes for this latest update below.
Main Features & New Additions
- New Premium Pack: Soldier of Fortune has arrived in the Premium Pack Store
- Tutorial reworked and improved
- Legacy Season 9 is here!
- New in-game news system
- New set of Vinyls accompanied by the Discophile II Title
Encounters, Shooting, Weapons, Tools, and Looting
- Tweaked: Machine gun jump spread increased
- Tweaked: Reload speeds of some Machine Guns have been increased to take a longer time
- Tweaked: Machine Gun spread increased
Shelter, Battle Pass, Legacy Season Battle Pass
- Fixed: Issue that would prevent in-game news from displaying when entering to your Shelter
- Fixed: Butterflies and mosquitoes are now present only in summer weather
- Fixed: Localization of the text informing players about completion of the Seasonal challenges
- Fixed: Reset button in the Game Menu properly sets the options to their default values
- Fixed: Consumable crafting UI showing instant craft prompt for already instant crafting times with maxed Water Distillation
- Fixed: Wrong categories for gloves and backpacks in Battle Pass
- Added: Adrenaline to Armory
- Changed: Text describing the Reset button in the Game Menu, so it’s more clear what the button actually resets
- Fixed: Description of The Trickster, Gadget Master and MacFiver challenge. The player should be able to accomplish the kills in any number of Encounters, not only one
- Changed: The challenge “Behind Closed doors” now counts all loot events, not only Barred House
Elimination & Shootout
- Fixed: Sawmill map behavior
- Fixed: Pan and Zoom options on minimap in Elimination and Shootout game modes
- Fixed: Minimap stays opened during transition to reward screen
- Fixed: Hanging tarps being bulletproof
- Fixed: The metal bars in the Fiske Fabrikk tunnel being bulletproof
- Fixed: Kjerstin Dam edge railing being bulletproof
- Fixed: Bulletproof Lighthouse (on Anniken) stairs and railing collisions
Audio and Visuals
- Fixed: Multiple weather sublevels are loaded at once
- Fixed: Melee hit animation not playing when being hit by Berry M12
- Changed: UI in lobbies has been updated to display discounted booster prices during Booster Apocalypses
Super Mario Run, Pikmin Bloom, Pokémon Masters EX, Fire Emblem Heroes, and Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp have all received a content update. Check out the full details for each game below via perfectly-nintendo.com.
Super Mario Run
- [Update] The next Software update for Super Mario Run, Ver. 3.0.26, is now available
- [Update] The next Software update for Pikmin Bloom, Ver. 58.0, is now available
Pokémon Masters EX
- [Other] A new song has been added to the Jukebox for players who for have raised Sygna Suit N & Kyurem to 6★ EX (no end date)
- [Events] The latest refresh of the Battle Villa is now live (available until December 1st)
- [Scout] The following Sync Pair is now available via Spotlight Scout: Colress & Klinklang (available until December 3rd, with Ticket Scout running until December 10th)
Fire Emblem Heroes
- [Special Maps] As part of the latest set of Limited Hero Battles, the Grand Hero Battle feat. Robin (Mystery Tactician) is now live (available until November 21st)
Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp
- [Goals] A new set of timed goals is now available: Bring on the Bells Goals (available until November 20th)
- [Log-in Bonus] A new set of Daily Log-in Bonuses is now live: 5th-Year Fortnight 2 (available until November 24th)
Wondering how the Switch held up in Japan this week? Switch titles made up 4 of the top 10 best-selling software list. Splatoon 3 continues on with its extraordinarily exceptional sales for the tenth week in a row, selling over 43k more copies. Tactics Ogre: Reborn made a strong debut, with the Switch version selling 36k copies in its first three days on the market. Sonic Frontiers also debuted this week, also performing best on Switch, with 26k retail copies sold.
As for hardware, the Switch maintained its top spot with the OLED model, selling 58,171 more units. This is followed by the Switch Lite in third (25,050), with the standard Switch in fourth (14,321).
Check out the full rundown for software and hardware for Nov. 7th to Nov. 13th, 2022 below!
Software Sales (followed by lifetime sales)
- [NSW] Splatoon 3 – 43,781 (3,331,197)
- [NSW] Tactics Ogre: Reborn – 36,783 (NEW)
- [PS5] God of War Ragnarok – 29,377 (NEW)
- [NSW] Sonic Frontiers – 26,067 (NEW)
- [PS4] Tactics Ogre: Reborn – 12,668 (NEW)
- [PS4] God of War Ragnarok – 11,260 (NEW)
- [PS5] Sonic Frontiers – 11,111 (NEW)
- [PS4] Sonic Frontiers – 9,098 (NEW)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 8,025 (4,899,259)
- [PS5] Tactics Ogre: Reborn – 7,805 (NEW)
Hardware Sales (followed by lifetime sales)
- Switch OLED Model – 58,171 (2,981,234)
- PlayStation 5 – 25,665 (1,821,703)
- Switch Lite – 25,050 (4,930,097)
- Switch – 14,321 (18,838,867)
- PlayStation 5 Digital Edition – 3,051 (286,936)
- Xbox Series S – 487 (212,265)
- Xbox Series X – 261 (167,267)
- PlayStation 4 – 138 (7,820,338)
- New 2DS LL (including 2DS) – 32 (1,189,151)
Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival has been updated to Version 1.2.2. Check out the full patch notes below.
- Resolved the issue where certain parts in the save data for 2P to 4P users are unintentionally reset
- Resolved the issue where errors were encountered afterwards when saving the game for 2P to 4P users
- Resolved the issue of frame rate drops during play for game modes: Taiko Mode, Great Drum Toy War, DON-Chan Band, Online Ranked Matches, Online Room Match
- Updated correct Online Ranked Match event name to “Dondoko Matsuri” on the “This Month’s Ranking Rewards” window
- Improved usability and overall game stability
The next batch of weekly releases for the Switch eShop is here! As usual, there’s a huge list of titles coming to the platform, with both small and large releases to pique your interest. Take a look at the full list for North America for the week of Nov. 17th, 2022 below.
- Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - Available Nov. 18
- Just Dance 2023 Edition - Available Nov. 22
- Bravery and Greed
- Finding Paradise
- Arcade Archives BARADUKE
- Big Kids Games Collection Bundle 6-in-1 Funny Educational Children & Toddler Learning Pack
- Butterfly’s Poison; Blood Chains
- Chompy Chomp Chomp Party
- Corner Driver
- Cronostase Electric Collection
- Extinction Eclipse
- First Time in Rome – Collector’s Edition
- Happy Animals Mini Golf
- Heidelberg 1693 – Available Nov. 18
- In Extremis DX
- Jigsaw Puzzle: Belgium through the Lens
- Labyrinth: Classic Pinball Puzzle
- Madorica Real Estate 2 -The mystery of the new property-
- Martial Knight
- McPixel 3
- Montgomery Fox And The Case Of The Diamond Necklace
- Montgomery Fox And The Revenge Of Victor Draven
- My Fantastic Ranch
- Pid – Available Nov. 18
- Pixel Game Maker Series VERZEUS
- Puzzle by Nikoli S Slitherlink
- Puzzle Collection: Complete Edition
- Puzzle Games Bundle (5 in 1) – Available Nov. 18
- Q REMASTERED
- Quantum Storm – Available Nov. 18
- RWBY: Arrowfell
- Saint Kotar – Available Nov. 22
- Slime’s Journey – Available Nov. 18
- Succubus With Guns – Available Nov. 18
- Super Toy Cars Collection – Available Nov. 18
- The Awakening of Mummies
- The Closed Circle
- The Kingdom of Gardenia
- The Lost Labyrinth
- The Oregon Trail
- Ultimate ADOM – Caverns of Chaos
- War of Ships
- Wobbledogs Console Edition
- World Class Champion Soccer
- WWII Tank Battle Arena
Earlier this week, we heard that Nintendo UK would be offering Black Friday sales early on the Nintendo eShop, but details at the time of the announcement were limited. Now that the sale has officially gone live though, a full list of all the discounted games are available. There are over 1000 Switch titles of all genres with discounts up to 75% off, and the sale will run until November 30th.
The review embargo on Pokémon Scarlet and Violet is up, and coverage has flooded the web. Want to get a closer look at the first open-world Pokémon generation in action? You can check out video reviews and gameplay below! Pokémon Scarlet and Violet will be released for Nintendo Switch on November 18th, 2022.
At the time of this article’s publication, Pokémon Scarlet and Violet is sitting at a 78/100 metascore on Metacritic with 36 critic reviews.
THQ Nordic has released a new trailer for SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake, comparing the different languages that will be available in the Battle for Bikini Bottom spiritual successor. As we already heard, all of the original voice actors from the show will be returning, but options for German, French, Spanish, Polish, Japanese, Portuguese, Hindi, and Indonesian will also be included.
The release date for SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake is still unknown, but it’s expected to arrive sometime in 2023.
Bandai Namco has announced paid DLC for PAC-MAN WORLD Re-PAC. Two different DLC packs are available now, including a Jukebox and Chrome Noir Chogokin skin. Check out details for both below.
- Available now via the Nintendo eShop
- Price: $2.99 USD
Pump up the PAC-jams with PAC-MAN WORLD Re-PAC’s jukebox! Change the background music to any in-game song for listening to while on the in-game hub of Ghost Island. The jukebox features a playlist of over 50 songs, so there’s plenty of beats to relax and Re-PAC to! Also Included with the game’s full soundtrack are the English, Japanese, and Chinese language versions of the song “We Are PAC-MAN!”
"Chrome Noir Chogokin" DLC
- Available now via the Nintendo eShop (not yet live)
- Price: ???
Initially an exclusive from the Bandai Namco US Store, the Chrome Noir Chogokin skin can now be purchased stand-alone! As a fun cosmetic upgrade for the in-game Metal power-up – PAC-MAN will take on the look of the Chrome Noir Chogokin statue with stylish robotic details! If players really like it, the statue it was designed after is available for purchase from the Bandai Namco US Store.
Nintendo has released a new trailer for Fire Emblem Engage, detailing the story of the Divine Dragon and revealing new characters in the process. While there isn’t any new gameplay footage shown, there is over three minutes of beautifully rendered cutscenes. Check out the “Divine Dragon Awakens” trailer above.
Fire Emblem Engage launches for Switch on Jan. 20th, 2023.
In a special digital event, Capcom just revealed new information on Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak’s third free Title Update, now confirmed to be releasing on November 24th, 2022. Check out the official archived live-stream above to watch the reveals for yourself, or view the press release below to see everything that was announced, including monsters, quests, weapons, and paid DLC.
What's included in Title Update 3:
New Monsters – New Risen elder dragons and a powered-up monster make their appearance! Make sure you’re suitably prepared!
- Chaotic Gore Magala
- Risen Teostra
- Risen Kushala Daora
Anomaly Research Quests – New monsters, including Risen Kushala Daora! A7★ quests are now available! Anomaly Investigations now go up to Lv. 200! New features for Qurious Crafting!
- Anomaly Investigations – These are quests where the play conditions, such as the target monster, the locale, and the number of players are randomly determined. Complete these quests to earn points required to level up the Anomaly Research Lab, and special materials that allow for new upgrades to your weapons and armor. As a new feature, you can now also lower the level of the quests you possess.
- Risen Elder Dragons – Risen Elder Dragons Elder dragons that have fully overcome the affliction caused by the Anomaly, creating a symbiotic relationship with the Qurio. Their “risen” state poses an even greater danger than when they were still under the influence of the affliction. When their anger reaches its peak, each elder dragon gains its own unique and extraordinary powers, becoming even more fearsome than before. Stay on the offensive to prevent them from entering this state or to knock them out of it.
New Layered Weapons – We’ve added the Stuffed Monster Series of 14 layered weapons! Pick your favorite weapon design to spice up your hunting life!
Paid Downloadable Content – A variety of paid downloadable content has been added, including the Stuffed Monster Series of 14 layered weapons!
Event Quests – Complete Event Quests to gain special rewards!
Attention Hunters! Kingdom scouts have observed three new threats prowling the areas surrounding Elgado Outpost: Chaotic Gore Magala, Risen Teostra, and Risen Kushala Daora. Gore Magala repeatedly shed their skin until they eventually mature into Shagaru Magala, however sometimes a defect can occur during the molting process. This deformation traps the Gore Magala halfway between its adolescent and mature state, creating the Chaotic Gore Magala variant. Their dual nature allows these incredibly powerful creatures to use the attacks of both Gore and Shagaru Magala, however their stunted growth also causes them intense agony. Hunters above MR10 able to quell the chaos will be rewarded with materials for new weapons and armor boasting unique skills.
Despite the utmost efforts of both Kamura and the Kingdom, the affliction continues to claim new hosts. Sightings of Risen Teostra and Kushala Daora require an immediate response from the coalition’s most skilled hunters. While both monsters are already seen as forces of nature, their Risen forms have the capacity for even more widespread destruction. Beware their angered state, as there is no telling what devastating attacks they will unleash. Hunters must first achieve the rank of MR120 prior to facing off against Risen Kushala Daora and MR140 for Risen Teostra, but the reward for braving the elements is access to materials capable of crafting weapons and armor with new skills.
Hunters looking for even more ways to sharpen their skills will be able to tackle the new A7★ Anomaly Quests, featuring Flaming Espinas, Scorned Magnamalo, and Seething Bazelgeuse. Additionally, the Anomaly Investigation system will raise the level cap to 200, with the added ability to lower the level of individual quests hunters already possess. Materials from Anomaly Investigations can also be used for new augment categories for both weapons and armor. With the ability to pick from “Defense” or “Skills” for armor augments, there are even more opportunities for hunters to build their ideal armor set.
Hunters who have grown attached to the villagers and knights of Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak can now bring their Followers with them on almost every Master Rank quest, including Anomaly Quests and Investigations. Be sure to complete all of the available Follower Quests so you can spend more time with your favorite companions no matter the challenge. Title Update 3 also includes a variety of new paid downloadable content, including new gestures, stickers, music, player voices, and the “Hinoa” layered armor set. Fashion hunters who fancy cuddly creatures as much as Dame Fiorayne will also be able to purchase either individual weapons or the full collection of the plush “Stuffed Monster Series,” alongside an expanded list of other unlockable layered weapon options. New Event Quests will continue to reward players with new equipment, stickers, poses, and other fun items, in addition to the new “Kagami” character voice being released as a free downloadable content. This energetic Dual Blades user leads the Royal Secret Service in the Kingdom, and is a close friend to Master Utsushi.
Please stay tuned for future title updates, as new monsters and more await just around the corner with Free Title Update 4 launching in Winter 2023 and Free Title Update 5 in Spring 2023.
The latest update for Little Noah: Scion of Paradise is now available on Switch. We don’t know the actual version number for this update, but we do have the full patch notes. See what’s included in it below.
New Voiced Lines
- New voiced lines will be added for Noah.
Lillput and Accessory Status
- A “NEW” icon will be displayed when encountering Lilliputs and accessories you haven’t acquired.
Super Robot Wars 30 has been updated to Version 1.33 on Nintendo Switch. Check out the full patch notes below.
- Report card function has been added.
- Added illustrations to the “Reference Gallery“ section of the Library *”Reference Gallery“ can only be viewed by owners of the SUPER ROBOT WARS 30 Premium Sound & Data Pack.
- Improved stability of the game.
Soccer Story has received a finalized release date. The comedic open-world soccer RPG from developer PanicBarn and publisher No More Robots will be released for Nintendo Switch via the eShop on November 29th, 2022. Pricing details have not been announced. Check out the latest trailer for Soccer Story above and details below.
A year after The Calamity tore apart the very foundations of soccer (it’s called football actually) as we know it. Since then, Soccer Inc. has taken full control of the sport and has BANNED anyone from even CONSIDERING kicking a ball around. Christiano Ronaldo? More like, Ronal-no!
Luckily, a magical football has descended from the heavens and has chosen you, The Savior of Soccer, and, –you’ll get a kick out of this – you’ve been tasked with saving the future of the sport and bringing harmony to the world once more.
Of course, there are two offsides to every story, so let’s give the obviously cartoonishly evil soccer-deniers the benefit of the doubt and let the story unfold.
- Drop your soccer ball and play anywhere! The world is full of goals, puzzles, and secrets—it’s up to you to find them!
- Play a single-player story full of quirky characters, quests, rogue refs, and wacky soccer-adjacent sports
- Build your soccer career and do battle against the fiercest soccer teams like literal sharks, toddlers, old-age pensioners, and ninjas
- Save soccer and restore peace and harmony to the world
- Grab a friend for a four-player local multiplayer match mode with a full roster of teams and animal captains
- Fishing mini-game.
If you aren’t into soccer and are a little overwhelmed (and / or are American), we’ll leave you with a quote from one of the greatest philosophers of our time, the late Johan Cruyff: “If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”