Koei Tecmo has shared new details on the newly announced Winning Post 10, which releases on March 30th, 2023, for the Nintendo Switch. Check out the new details and screenshots below as translated by Gematsu.
The Winning Post series, celebrating its 30th anniversary in 2023, is a realistic horse racing simulation game where the player becomes an owner-breeder, experiencing the world of horseracing along with the horses and people involved.
Powerful Race Scenes that are Overwhelmingly Realistic and Depicted as Only a Game Can
- Featuring revamped 3D racehorse models, strong attention to detail has been paid to the texture of each horse’s skin and coat, the movement of their muscles, and so on for a realistic depiction of the exciting world of horse racing. The beauty and power of thoroughbreds—running works of art—is more realistically reproduced than ever.
- Additionally, there are more variations in the shapes and sizes of each horse’s eyes, coat color, and mane color. Your horse’s appearance will be more unique than ever, which will deepen your love for it.
- The more photorealistic race tracks are enhanced with lighting that changes based on the season and time of day. Feel the excitement of dramatic race scenes with the combination of in-game production and camera work.
- Furthermore, in the PlayStation 5 and PC versions, you can enjoy intense race scenes like never before with more realistic horse models and three-dimensional course turf.
“Uma-sonality” Revealing the Personality of the Racehorses
- A series first! The personalities of the racehorses are revealed in the new “uma-sonality”! Not only does it show the horse’s personality, but its likes and dislikes, strengths and weaknesses, and various other characteristics.
- There is the “uma-sonality” that a horse is born with and the “uma-sonality” that is discovered as it grows. Additionally, “uma-sonality” changes based on experience earned in races, events, and other situations such as “Historical Training.”
- As the racehorses grow, their inner self changes, so the player’s selections and decisions based on trial and error can greatly affect the racehorses’ success.
Historically Accurate Training to Experience a Variety of Actual Training Techniques
- Historically accurate training that had a major influence on Japanese racehorses is replicated as the new training element called “Historical Training.” In addition to learning about effective training techniques such as “Shinzan Iron” and “Loose Rein Training,” this can also be enjoyed as a collection element to learn about the history of Japanese horse racing.
- “Historical Training” not only improves a racehorse’s basic abilities, it has various other effects such as an instantaneous boost to try to turn the tides, and fluctuations in condition, fatigue, and horse weight. Some training techniques may even evolve the traits of the racehorse to an even higher ranking. Choosing a training technique that matches a horse’s aptitude, such as their ancestry and “uma-sonality,” promises even greater effectiveness.
- Players will be able to choose from numerous “Historical Training” techniques, and it is up to them to show their skills in how they train their prized horses and turn them into a success.
Popular Series Elements Return
- Elements that were popular in Winning Post 9 2022 can also be enjoyed in Winning Post 10, including the seven “Starting Year Scenarios,” marriage elements, establishment of overseas farms in historic periods, Owners Club and Club Farm, joint probability of multiple ancestries, Online Horse Championship, and more. (Some elements will be added via a large-scale update.)
- Additionally, the game features the latest racehorse data and program guides, as well as a model of the “New Kyoto Racecourse” scheduled to reopen in April 2023. It offers an overwhelming volume of content, including new characters, new formula theories, and a significant addition of traits, including inherit and superior.
The magazine includes information and screenshots of Bayonetta 3, Pokemon Scarlet/Violet, Nintendo Switch Sports, and more. It also includes a calendar for the next three months featuring Deep Cut from Splatoon 3.
Limited Run Games has revealed that they will be releasing a physical version of Tempest 4000, priced at $34.99. Pre-orders will start here on December 2nd, 2022, at 10 am ET and closes on January 1st, 2023.
About the game:
Tempest 4000 is a visually stunning, action-packed tube shooter based on the classic hit arcade game, Tempest. Developed by legendary game designer, Jeff Minter, Tempest 4000 remains faithful to the original fast-paced gameplay by putting you in control of the Claw, a powerful spacecraft equipped to destroy deadly creatures and other obstructions with rapid-fire shots on vibrant geometric prisms.
Featuring fantastical graphical environments, 100 levels, three game modes, and more, you must eliminate all enemies as fast as possible to survive and compete for the highest score on the leaderboards.
“Tempest 4000 is a fantastic conclusion to Llamasoft’s work on the games and easily holds its place amidst the classics of Atari’s flagship arcade series.” – Hardcore Gamer
“Tempest 4000 is a great iteration on an arcade classic” - Zam
“Tempest is back and it’s every bit as frantic as it was before.” – TrueAchievements
“Tempest 4000 is a collaborative love-letter for Tempest fans from Minter and Atari that’s been enhanced for contemporary audiences with exciting new features and gorgeous 4K graphics.” – COGconnected
Publisher JanduSoft and developer Dume Games Studio’s 1-bit metroidvania game, Astronite, is out now for the Nintendo Switch. Furthermore, a physical edition will be sold via FunStock on December 2nd, 2022; you can pre-order it here.
About the game:
Astronite will live a great 1-bit metroidvania adventure. Neplea, his home planet, is full of enemies and many secrets to discover. But there are also big bosses waiting for him - only you can take them down!
- A big map full of secrets.
- Multitude of enemies and big bosses.
- Echo Rooms: challenges only for the most intrepid.
- Improve your skills with power-ups hidden in the map.
- Original soundtrack created by zeeWave Sound.
Nintendo UK has shared another snippet from Kirby’s 30th Anniversary Music Fest, which took place in Japan on August 11th, 2022. The video above will be removed come January 31st, 2023.
The two songs shared are ‘Green Tree Memories’ from Super Kirby Clash and ‘Welcome to the New World’ from Kirby and the Forgotten Land. What’s even cooler is that the singer that appears in the video is none other than Makiko Ohmoto, the voice actor for Kirby!
Fire Emblem Heroes, Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, Mario Kart Tour, Pokémon Café ReMix, and Pokémon Masters EX have all received a content update. Check out the full details for each game below via perfectly-nintendo.com.
Nintendo and Intelligent Systems are back with another look at Fire Emblem Engage, and today gives us details on Timerra, who is voiced by Ami Koshimizu in the Japanese version, and some details about the Kingdom of Solm, as translated by Perfectly-Nintendo.
Timerra is the Crown Princess of the Kingdom of Solm, and Fogato’s elder sister. She has an innocent, bright, and cheerful personality, no doubt because she grew up in Solm, a country that values freedom. Despite receiving an education befitting the next Queen, she grew up to become an easygoing person, who can easily interact with anyone.
Timerra’s starting class is Sentinel. She wields the spear with unparalleled skill, and mercilessly overwhelms enemies with swift movements.
Solm is a country located in the southeastern part of the Continent of Elyos. It’s a neutral country ruled by Queen Suforia (official English name TBC!), who greatly values freedom.
The following video shows off Timerra’s past times: gathering in front of a bonfire. She loves singing, and she sometimes comes up with her own, original songs!
Rocket League has received a new update (v2.23), which prepares the game for Season 9, and fixes some of the bugs that were present; check out the full patch notes below.
- v2.23 prepares Rocket League for Season 9. Additional patch notes will be posted when Season 9 begins on 12/7/2022 at 8 a.m. PST / 4 p.m. UTC
- More info on Season 9 is coming soon!
- Fixed a bug blocking the upload of new Custom Training Packs
- Fixed appearance of trim on multiple Black Painted Car Bodies by making it darker
-‘Jager 619 RS’
- Fixed player chat restrictions so player join and leave messages will appear with any setting
- Fixed a bug preventing a voice channel change when a player changes teams
- Fixed Transparent Goalposts on ‘Utopia Coliseum (Glided)’
- Fixed a bug causing the Total Challenges completed tracker to display an incorrect value if a Win Streak challenge is completed at the same time as any other Challenges
- [Nintendo Switch] Fixed appearance of thumbnail for ‘Franko Fone: Inverted’ Wheels
- ‘Response Team’ Decal now appears correctly when used on Painted ‘Road Hog’ Car Bodies
- Fixed appearance of ‘Lucky Cat’ Topper
- Fixed appearance of Painted ‘MG-88’ Decals on Painted ‘Dominus’ Car Bodies
- Fixed several localization and text bugs
Rocket League is available now (free) for the Nintendo Switch.
Lunistice will be updated to version 1.04 soon for the Nintendo Switch, and the developers have already shared the patch notes for this update; check it out below.
- Added transparent/fake letters after letters in a stage have been collected
- Fixed Toukie’s icon showing as “locked” on Switch
- Fixed Stage 7-X being selectable without it being unlocked
Lunistice is available now for $4.99
Lost but not forgotten
- [Events] The latest Raid Event Revival, Rage of Chronos, has been updated with the following: Epilogue (available until November 30th)
The game will officially shut down at the following times:
- North America (ET): November 30th at 1 AM
- North America (PT): November 29th at 10 PM
- Europe: November 30th at 7 AM
- UK: November 30th at 6 AM
- Japan: November 30th at 1 PM
Good Smile recently updated us on the 1/7 figure of Veronica from Fire Emblem Heroes. Well, if you’re one of the people who are interested in getting one for yourself, then you’ll be happy to know that pre-orders are now open at GoodSmileUS ($187.99) and AmiAmi, priced at 29,700 yen ($215)
Nintendo and Intelligent Systems are back with another look at Fire Emblem Engage, and today gives us details on Celica; we already have seen her description here, but today gives a deeper look into the benefits you get when you equip Celica’s Emblem Ring, check out the skills and abilities below (via Perfectly Nintendo).
Emblem of Echoes
- Sync Skill: Holy Stance. When using that skill, part of the damage dealt to Corrupted enemies is “returned” to the unit (= healing).
- Engage Weapon: Seraphim. Unleashes a powerful attack that deals extra damage to Corrupted enemies.
- Engage Skill: Echo. Splits magic attacks in two, allowing you to hit two different enemies at once. While damage is indeed halved, this is pretty handy as it allows you to dispatch two enemies with few HP left in a single turn!
- Engage Attack: Warp Ragnarok. Allows you to teleport to a distant enemy (that you normally couldn’t reach during your turn) and unleash a powerful magic attack. Warp Ragnarok allows you to travel great distances while ignoring terrain effects, making it extra useful when you need to go rescue a Unit in trouble! Also, when a Unit with the “Flier” Fighting Style equips Celica’s Ring, they can teleport 5 spaces further than other Units when using Warp Ragnarok!
One day, enemies known as the Corrupted suddenly start appearing all across the Continent of Elyos. Apparently, their apparition is one of the signs that the resurrection of the Fell Dragon is imminent.
Two Fighting, Magic and Flier detailed
- Magic: Units with that Fighting Style will be able to ignore terrain effects when using Magic to attack enemies. For example, if an enemy is hiding in some bushes, you will be able to attack them from afar without having to worry about your attack missing them.
- Flier: Units with that Fighting Style can fly, which allows them to ignore the movement restrictions of certain types of Terrain (like bushes or sand). It also allows them to move through Terrain that is normally inaccessible to Units, like rivers. But while Units with that Fighting Style enjoy great mobility, they are also extremely weak against weapons with a bonus effect against Fliers, like Bows.
Square Enix has released a launch trailer for the upcoming remaster, Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII- Reunion, which officially releases on December 13th, 2022, for the Nintendo Switch; pre-order the game here. Check out the trailer above.
About the game:
CRISIS CORE –FINAL FANTASY VII– REUNION is the HD remaster version of the smash hit prequel to FINAL FANTASY VII.
In addition to all graphics being remastered in HD, fully voiced dialogue and new soundtrack arrangements make for a dynamic new retelling of a beloved classic.
CRISIS CORE –FINAL FANTASY VII– REUNION follows the story of Zack Fair, a young warrior admired by the boy destined to save the world, trusted by men renowned as heroes of legend, and loved by the girl who holds the fate of the planet in her hands. The tale of Zack’s dreams and honor—the legacy that connects him to Cloud—is revealed in full in this grand saga that has broken the limits of an HD remaster.
- All graphics fully remastered in HD, bringing the game to the latest console generation
- Renewed 3D models, including characters and backgrounds, enriching the visual experience
- Improved battle system providing a vastly smoother gameplay experience
- Fully voiced dialogue in both English and Japanese
- A newly arranged soundtrack from the original composer, Takeharu Ishimoto
CRISIS CORE –FINAL FANTASY VII– REUNION
In the mako-powered metropolis of Midgar stands the headquarters of Shinra, a powerful company with a formidable private army. Zack Fair is a promising young operative in the Shinra military’s elite unit, SOLDIER. Together with his mentor, SOLDIER 1st Class Angeal, and the SOLDIER hero Sephiroth, Zack begins an investigation into the recent mass disappearance of SOLDIER operatives.