Nintendo has just pushed another update for the Switch’s firmware, bringing the system up to version 15.0.0. It’s not a particularly big update, but it finally allows users to take screenshots while in the Nintendo Switch Online app, so you can finally properly share all those custom icons you’ve made!
Ver. 15.0.0 (Released October 10, 2022)
- The location of the Bluetooth Audio menu within System Settings has moved.
- Screenshots can be taken using the Capture button while in the Nintendo Switch Online Application found on the Nintendo Switch HOME Menu.
- Video capture is not supported.
- General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience.
As usual, there’s more going on behind-the-scenes in this update than what’s shared in the official patch notes. Here’s some extra details on what’s included, thanks to dataminer OatmealDome.
- Handling for Ethernet adapters was moved to its own dedicated OS module.
- Pro Controller Bluetooth firmware was updated.
- Various error messages were added / changed.
- A pop-up was added for attempting to exceed the max headphone volume while the limiter is on.
- Bad words for Mainland China were updated.
- The time zone database (zoneinfo) was updated to the latest from ICANN.
- Text related to Australian + NZ privacy laws was added.