ARK: Ultimate Survivor Edition update detailed for returning players
Get ready to evolve
ARK: Survival Evolved is getting a major update soon in the form of the ARK: Survivor Edition patch. Existing players may be unsure of exactly what to expect and how the update will affect their existing games, so Grove Street Games has shared a Returning Player Guide explaining everything in detail.
The update will bring improved visuals, resolution, and framerate. However, there may be a few things to be aware of that will change if you already have an existing save game. This update should be available sometime in early November 2022. See below for the patch notes.
Provides a much improved version of the game completely rebuilt in the latest version of Unreal Engine. It features the following:
- improved visuals
- improved performance
- a reduced install size
- The Host/Join Menu has been renamed to Single Player, where we have refined the menus to provide a more streamlined experience to starting a Single Player game. While Single Player is fully present, please note that Local Play and Non-Dedicated Sessions are removed from the game at launch. They need a little more time in development to work out some issues, and we intend to bring them back in a post-release patch.
Additional notes: This new version of the game is compatible with any existing save. However, before downloading the update, make sure to do the following to avoid any issues:
- Remove items from Hot Bar slots 9 & 10
- Do not have any in-progress tames or crafting recipes
Also, players get to keep all their current items, tames, and structures. However, the change in save data files may result in the following occuring:
- Foliage may re-appear inside your base
- You may lose any custom Options settings
- Any structures left ‘on’ will automatically be turned ‘off’
- Fog of War will be reset on your in-game map
- Your Level Up & Engram Points may need to be reapplied
- You may need to re-discover any previously unlocked Explorer Notes