Can't wait to dive into these new games!
Idea Factory International has announced the release dates for two of their upcoming games on Nintendo Switch! First up is Birushana: Rising Flower of Genpei, which will launch on June 28th in North America and July 1st in Europe. Meanwhile, Dusk Diver 2 has the much less specific release window of Summer 2022.
Birushana will have a limited physical edition which includes an art book, audio drama, soundtrack, trading cards and special collector’s box. Not to be outdone, Dusk Diver 2’s launch edition will also include goodies like an art book, soundtrack CD and trading card. See below for official new trailers and more details on both games.
Birushana: Rising Flower of Genpei
Fifteen years after the Heiji Rebellion, the Heike clan has reached the height of its power, while the Genji clan remains devastated by defeat. Hidden deep within the mountains of Kurama lives Shanao, the youngest surviving male heir to the Genji name. However, Shanao harbors a deep secret known by very few. The youngest heir to the Genji name is no man. Torn between her duty to live up to the Genji family name and her desire to live a peaceful life, Shanao sets off in hopes to take down the Heike stronghold and finally bring peace in the country. Her adventure leads her to find new cherished relationships, as well as something deeper than the feud between the rivaling clans.
- The Object of My Affection – Shanao will encounter five potential routes, each with an Affection Level – a meter that shows how much you have progressed with the character based on the choices made. Once you’ve decided on your route, maintain your Affection Level to get up close and personal with someone…
- Testing My Abilities – There are three Character Abilities Shanao possesses: Strength, Knowledge, and Kindness. As you progress, you are given choices that will affect her Character Abilities. Try to find an equal balance for all 3 abilities. Too high or low of any ability can trigger a bad outcome!
- Apple of My Ai – The Ai-Catch system allow players to gauge how their choices affect a character’s Affection Level and Shanao’s Character Abilities in real time! A seedling will indicate a poor Affection Level, while a blooming flower shows a promising Affection Level. The outer frame of the screen will also change into three colors: Red, Blue, and Green. Respectively, each color is associated with Shanao’s Character Ability: Strength, Knowledge, and Kindness. Keeping a close tab on your decision can help Shanao reach her true ending!
- Take Another Stab – After completing a chapter, players can revisit it and manipulate the Affection Levels and Character Abilities—the two main measures that determines the progress of a route. If you feel Shanao is headed down the wrong path, replay the chapter and get back on track!
Dusk Diver 2
Taking place one year after the events of Dusk Diver, Yumo and her friends take up arms once again to protect the Human Realm from dimensional evils in this sequel packed with even more gameplay! New forces emerge from far away places, converging in the bustling city of Ximending and its dark underworld, Youshanding. But who can Yumo and the Guardians of Kunlun trust? What consequences of their past will they face?
- Seamlessly switch control of four characters, each with their own movesets and strengths. Combine different support skills with your own to keep the enemies on their toes and your combo count high!
- Explore the real city of Ximending, grabbing meals and takeout for stat boosts before battle. Just watch out for the Possessed and dimensional fissures…
- Tailor your equipment, skills, and Orb combinations to suit your play style!